President Obama: It gets better
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  10:29:55  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can you imagine g w giving this speech...no way....

Excellent video.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2011 :  12:06:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Randy

Can you imagine g w giving this speech...no way....

Excellent video.
Good one!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  00:41:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I applaud our President for making this public statement and Randy for spreading this important massage. It needs to be spotlighted more than it is. I find it telling and pathetic when anyone who knows about this issue does not support the elimination of bulling in the nations schools as much as possible and everywhere.

About two weeks ago I signed a petition organized thru "CREDO Action" on this very issue. Their goal was 150,000 signatures. On 9-16-11 the mother (Ms Aaberg) of a gay teenager who committed suicide a year ago presented 141,000 signatures to the office of Rep. Michele Bachmann's office in Waite Park, Minn. It was a request that the congress woman make a statement and pubically denounce anti-gay bullying. Ms Aaberg, the mother who lives in Bachmann's district which includes the school her son attended and where the bulling took place. It's been ten days and counting and I have yet to hear of ANY response directly from Bachmann. What could she be waiting for? I don't know when the President recorded this but she should be justly embarrassed if she missed this opportunity to make a public statement like this before Obama did. Possibly this ship will sail without her, I'm waiting to see. I don't know which way her moral compass directs her actions but the delay of any robust affirmative action indicates her's is not calibrated with mine. She should be ashamed and exposed for her lack of more immediate action. Which I'm doing now.

I would like to also comment on a side observation. Since I have become aware, this year, of several online websites that facilitate the collecrion and dissemination of signatures on issues that need support to be addressed, some of the sharpest edges of my pessimistic urges have been dulling. I hope that this internet tool, which makes public social and corporate ill's known and changed, is not castrated and rendered nonproductive somehow. For the moment because it is relatively new, there have been some successes that I am aware of. Dennis Markuze and his tormented have benefited from one such a campaign, through "change.org". May this beautiful sunrise herald a wonderful day and week to come. People of action should never let such days go to waste. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  15:01:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear hear.
Go to Top of Page

Randy
SFN Regular

USA
1990 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  15:38:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Randy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After a bit of searching, I found Obama did the above video last March. Here's a related article. Lady Gaga, my hat's off to you.

"We are all connected; to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, to the rest of the universe atomically."

"So you're made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?"
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

cestyL

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  23:37:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cestyL a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I a better listener that a speech provider..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.