Community Forums
 Book Reviews
 The lost Book of Aquarius Released
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kellydest

1 Post

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  00:55:01  Show Profile Send kellydest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have always been interested in the lost knowledge of ancient times. I read various books on the topics that no longer people talk about. I have been a regular user of forgottenbooks.org and they have released some great books which had been lost in print. Last week i visited the website again and i saw that they have released a new book on Alchemy which had been lost in prints. The book of Aquarius is the name of the book and its about the knowledge and power of alchemy. I had always been interested in alchemists and so i downloaded the ebook which was free. I read the book and i became a fan instantly. The author seems to know a lot about Alchemy and power of nature. I am so impressed by the author and his writing and read some pages over and over again. I would like to quote a few lines from the book here..

The purpose of this book is to release one particular secret, which has been kept hidden for the last 12,000 years. The Philosophers' Stone, Elixir of Life, Fountain of Youth, Ambrosia, Soma, Amrita, Nectar of Immortality. These are different names for the same thing.

Throughout history this secret has been used by a very few to extend their lives hundreds of years in perfect health, with access to unlimited wealth, among many other miraculous properties. Some kept the secret because they understood that the time was not right for the secret to be free for all people, but most kept the secret out of their own jealousy, ignorance, egotism and corruption.

The Stone's history and the history of the human race up until this day is a strange story full of secret societies, hooded cloaks, and mystical symbols. Such theatrics are childish and shallow. It's pointless to look for the light in the shadows.

The Philosophers' Stone operates and is made by entirely natural and scientific means. Truth is always simple, beautiful and easy to understand.

The Philosophers' Stone is real; you can make it at home. The Stone makes old people young, heals all forms of sickness and disease, extends your life, turns any metal into gold, and more, as you will learn. This isn't a myth or a metaphor, it's a fact.

Don't judge this book before you've read it. This is not one of those airy fairy books written in all kinds of mystical language, filling pages with words that makes sentences but not sense. This book will make more sense than anything you've ever read before.

The age of secrets is over. I'm writing this book in common English. There's no need for mystical language or metaphor. This book contains no hidden meaning or codes; everything is stated plainly and directly, in the shortest and simplest of words necessary to convey the meaning.

I know not many people will believe this. But i would like it if people just take a look at the book. I am working to make my own philosopher’s stone and i would like to have some fellow members of the forum to be interested in the idea. The Pdf and the audiobook version of the book is free and can be downloaded from the website
http://www.bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org

Please read the book at least once and let me know what you think about it. I would like to discuss this topic with other people. Cheers.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  07:15:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Philosophers' Stone is real; you can make it at home. The Stone makes old people young, heals all forms of sickness and disease, extends your life, turns any metal into gold, and more, as you will learn. This isn't a myth or a metaphor, it's a fact.

Not likely.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  07:16:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is not science, it's magic. And magic is not real.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/29/2011 09:50:01
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  07:31:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dangit, I was going to kill this as spam, but something else that needed my immediate attention.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Hawks
SFN Regular

Canada
1383 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  07:52:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Hawks's Homepage Send Hawks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by kellydest

The Philosophers' Stone can be made at home and yet gold is expensive. That's some fact.

METHINKS IT IS LIKE A WEASEL
It's a small, off-duty czechoslovakian traffic warden!
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  08:08:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Truth is always simple, beautiful and easy to understand.
How convenient.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  08:43:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Dangit, I was going to kill this as spam, but something else that needed my immediate attention.
I allowed it because the information is free. And I thought this might be an interesting topic. I do agree that it's spam, but at least it's something of concern to skeptics.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  13:30:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh brother! Here we go again but I hope not.
This is nothing but spam, an attempt to bring traffic to the website. If kellydest is truly into such magical thinking why does he/she comes HERE? It makes no sense. Just like the "Christian Single Dating Ads" I see on our home page. Can someone explain that?

However let's keep in mind perceptions can be wrong when based on no evidence. In commenting with this thread are there recent lessons that can be applied now so we don't repeat recent debacles as a collective?

Here we have yet another new member walks in to the firehouse with what can be perceived to be an open bucket of gasoline and a Bic lighter. I say there is nothing in the bucket and there is no lighter. All we have is more magical merchandise up for sale. Being offered to anyone gullible enough to buy it. Same show different product. While magical thinking for mankind was man's first default, starting out with absolute ignorance of our true reality tens of thousands of years ago, this topic bloomed in the dark ages and only lurks today in the shadows of superstition and lack of understanding of reality, educated ignorance if you will. Pretty much where it always lived but to be thought of as a true possibility today would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. Let's see if we can enlighten each other in how it should be addressed tis time, by pointing out the smoke and mirrors that this "book" is contrived from, to Kelly and others who are surely reading. I care less whether kellydest learns anything, although that would be nice if it's truly desired but the need is obvious that others reading this learn what is known about science, critical thinking and the application thereof. What I do care about is how bullshit beliefs can be dissected and exposed to others who are on the fence and not able to understand how bullshit is the manipulation of ignorance and misunderstanding of reality. Those who are able, need to work together and not act like the heard of cats that we can be. (meow)

Now I will scan the pdf version and see what if anything I might contribute. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2011 :  18:15:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Just like the "Christian Single Dating Ads" I see on our home page. Can someone explain that?
Yes.

1) If you're signed in, you shouldn't see any ads. So stay logged in constantly, like you should anyway. As I once said long ago, if you're not clicking "Active Topics" every 15 minutes, you're not really a Skeptic Friend.

2) The ad server creates context-based ads, and we often talk about religion (and Christianity in particular). The context-matching is obviously less than perfect.

3) We have limited control over what ads to reject, and it's generally a waste of effort anyway, since there are always more poor matches waiting to fill the space.

[/hijack]

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  09:45:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Yes.

1) If you're signed in, you shouldn't see any ads. So stay logged in constantly, like you should anyway. As I once said long ago, if you're not clicking "Active Topics" every 15 minutes, you're not really a Skeptic Friend.

OK I'll do that. The ads really don't bother me per say. I just think it's so bizarre, you know, like a condom ad on a health food site would make more sense to me. I do get a laugh though and I mumble something like "Yeah right! like I want to hook up with a delusional theists. No thanks!"

2) The ad server creates context-based ads, and we often talk about religion (and Christianity in particular). The context-matching is obviously less than perfect.

3) We have limited control over what ads to reject, and it's generally a waste of effort anyway, since there are always more poor matches waiting to fill the space.

Good point, all this is handled by software and I'm pegged as single. I've even noticed the same ads following me around to different sites, a "Google ad sense" one. Not that particular one but another one.

Back on topic about this ebook and kelldest interest in discussing it.

kelldest, I found nothing of real substance it it. I'm not going to read the whole book as I found the parts I did read making bold claims and making promises of knowledge to come but never delivering.
Could you direct me to any parts you find particularly enlightening to you, is that possible? That might be what I need to take on the whole book. As it stands now reading on and on about secrets to come aren't working for me. I couldn't find where the promises stopped and their delivery began. Again, a little guidance would be most appreciated.

[i]Originally posted by kelldest

I am working to make my own philosopher’s stone and i would like to have some fellow members of the forum to be interested in the idea.
Fascinating! How's that work coming along? Can we get a progress report? I know I'm interested. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  11:42:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul
kelldest, I found nothing of real substance it it. I'm not going to read the whole book as I found the parts I did read making bold claims and making promises of knowledge to come but never delivering.
That's how the author is reeling the gullible in. I'd guess the idea is that the book needs to "prime" your mind to recieving the "hidden knowledge" before you can get it. So it's making you promises...
But the truth is, it's only dangling the bait in front of you hoping that you'll take a bigger snap at it. kelldest is already hooked in it, and is buying whatever the author is selling.

Originally posted by kelldest

I am working to make my own philosopher’s stone and i would like to have some fellow members of the forum to be interested in the idea.
Fascinating! How's that work coming along? Can we get a progress report? I know I'm interested. SS

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 09/30/2011 11:43:17
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  11:47:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mab:
kelldest is already hooked in it, and is buying whatever the author is selling.

Of course, it could be that kelldest is the author. I don't suppose he will be back here to have the discussion though. Not likely anyhow. After all, this probably is spam.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  11:45:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
Of course, it could be that kelldest is the author. I don't suppose he will be back here to have the discussion though. Not likely anyhow. After all, this probably is spam.

OK, that brings several questions to mind, if kelly never returns.

Exactly what did kelly gain out of this piece of spam? Any ideas?
Now I don't run a web site but how does the prospect of 5 or 50 for that matter, free downloads of a pdf file warrant the time and effort to sign up and do what kelly did? Is it profitable?
Is it not so much about one pdf, as the post presents and more about the possibility of drumming up more prolonged traffic for the web site in general?

This is not an isolated occurrence here on SFN and on other forums. Examples of, like this one topic, disingenuous new members signing up and pulling their crap and disappearing. Are these other little "Markuze" nut jobs in their our right or is there a gain that is achieved?

Any thought? SS

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.