Media Issues
 The Sit In on Wall Steet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  12:32:31  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been waiting and would have thought by now someone else would have started a thread on this but I am still waiting. Sooo! I will. Discussing how straight men can not be considered bi or gay if they were to receive fellatio from another MAN by keeping their eyes closed and delude themselves that it just a well hung girlfriend is pretty distracting.

Starting Sept.17, 11 (a friday) it started. A sit-in demonstration on Wall Street. For the first week ALL the corporate main stream media ignored it and sat on their cameras with their mikes up their ass. With their fingers in their ears, eyes closed and humming to themselves, they insisted they saw nothing, heard nothing and so there was nothing to report. It's not like this is a group from the tea party. You know? Demonstrators taking "their country back". With the start of the second week on Sept 24, the second weekend, the police had had enough. The police sectioned out, corralled several protestors and assaulted the women with mace who were not breaking any laws. All very well documented at the time. It took MSMBC three days before they stepped up to the plate and reported what had happened days before. During the three days it took to review and report on the footage, it seems even they had enough of their complicity in the reporting blackout and keeping silent. Not only did they air the videos of that day's news, days late and what the police did but produced a bit of a commentary on the usual abuse of power and identified just who was responsible. Commentaries like this are to rare not to be highlighted when they do come out. Thank you for reporting on this and speaking up, MSNBC. Should I ever experience anything like this commentary from Fox, I will be certainly be dreaming.

With this past weekend, those in power had their mussel, the Police in riot gear, administer another smack down in what appears to have been another futile attempt at intimidation and bring this on going demonstration to an end, one entering it's third week. They arrested 700, of the thousands as they marched over the Brooklyn Bridge. In all fairness they only arrested those on the roadway and not those on the pedestrian walkway, which are on different levels. No reports of macing were reported and it was all quite civil overall. We are entering the third week of demonstrations and the numbers are growing larger as this wears on. There are reported gatherings to have occurred in several other cities across the country in support. It would appear some people are waking up and speaking up. Right on! Is this the kettle boiling over in America not unlike other hot kettles in other countries?

Fox who's absolute lack of coverage should be getting harder to live with, had considered reporting on it. They sent a reporter and camera crew but after reviewing their interview, they chose to not air the articulate demonstrator they interviewed for their coverage. OK Fox guy's put your mikes up and away for now. There's nothing here you want to report on. Fox will decide what is news and what's worth reporting for their well informed spoon feed enthusiast.

It does appear to be growing in numbers. With support from what I imagine Fox would identify as "unemployed freeloaders who are to lazy to go out and get a job". Like they wouldn't take a job if they could. It's better for them they know to keep their lying mouths shut for now, rather than report and get caught inventing and misrepresenting the facts/news on this on going protest. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds.