Skeptic Friends Network

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 Is a major event going to happen on 28th October?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:30:40  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is this realy, really weird website that has a countdown to October 28th 2011 as well as weid puzzles and some sort of message it is trying to tell us:

http://oct282011.com/

And here is a wiki paage that has all the codes, the images, the texts, videos ect. as wel as some background on the website.

http://oct282011.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread375834/pg1 (where a lot of information comes from, inclluding conversations with the phone number on the websites, emails and

I'm scared of whats going to happen on this date. Is the website saying we are going to have a cosmic shift? New World Order? WWIII? And what is more spooky, is that some people claim that this date is the true end to the Mayan calender, and that a massivve change is going to happen.

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:38:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the information comes from AboveTopSecret, it must be true!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2996 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:38:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll see you on 29 Oct 2011.

Maybe.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Edited by - pleco on 10/05/2011 12:39:46
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13462 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:48:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

There is this realy, really weird website that has a countdown to October 28th 2011 as well as weid puzzles and some sort of message it is trying to tell us:

http://oct282011.com/

And here is a wiki paage that has all the codes, the images, the texts, videos ect. as wel as some background on the website.

http://oct282011.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread375834/pg1 (where a lot of information comes from, inclluding conversations with the phone number on the websites, emails and

I'm scared of whats going to happen on this date. Is the website saying we are going to have a cosmic shift? New World Order? WWIII? And what is more spooky, is that some people claim that this date is the true end to the Mayan calender, and that a massivve change is going to happen.


Look at the date that your last link was posted. There was supposed to be an event in 2009.
I post this here. In 2009 there will be a pre-event occurrence visible across large swathes of the northern hemisphere. It is designed to spark interest in alien life beyond what it is now. Some may say this is not enough of a warning, well so be it. However, do bear in mind that when there are hundreds of photos and thousands of eye witnesses to a fleet of mile long glowing UFOs it is not real. It is a warming up event to garner belief in this up and coming 'alien invasion'. The threat will be hyped and hyped, until it reaches fever pitch. Then DK 2011 will hit.


But nothing happened as usual. Forget about it. This is a hoax. And not a very good one at that...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1884 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  12:59:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

There is this realy, really weird website that has a countdown to October 28th 2011 as well as weid puzzles and some sort of message it is trying to tell us:

I'm scared of whats going to happen on this date.
If Harold Camping is right October 28th will not matter.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  13:00:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!! I posted the wrong link!

Here is the actual link I was talking about http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread743904/pg1.

IGNORE THE ABOVE LINK!. That one is about a completly eventt that is suppose to happen on 28/10/2011, its comepletly unreleated to this topic.
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  13:22:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

OH SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!! I posted the wrong link!

Here is the actual link I was talking about http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread743904/pg1.

IGNORE THE ABOVE LINK!. That one is about a completly eventt that is suppose to happen on 28/10/2011, its comepletly unreleated to this topic.


Serious question - Why do you think this information is credible? As you can see for yourself, this isn't the first "doomsday" prediction posted to Above Top Secret. Given the track record, why does this claim trouble you?

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13462 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  13:28:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_predictions

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  13:45:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that website really talking about a doomsday prediction, maybe its a change in human consciousnnes. It does hint at that at varies pointts.

Look at the linkss in the wiki page where it shows the various pages of the site.
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  13:53:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

Is that website really talking about a doomsday prediction, maybe its a change in human consciousnnes. It does hint at that at varies pointts.

Look at the linkss in the wiki page where it shows the various pages of the site.


What is a "change in human consciousness"? What does this entail? Has it happened before? Why should I be concerned about this, at all? Maybe I'm just too old to get alarmed by the hand-waving of random internet posters.




Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  15:33:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, look closer, what is this website trying to tell us. Look at the wiki, do a google search and I find other people's find. We maybe on the verge of a major event in human history and this website may have the answer. Whatever happens on October 28th.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13462 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  16:33:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

No, look closer, what is this website trying to tell us. Look at the wiki, do a google search and I find other people's find. We maybe on the verge of a major event in human history and this website may have the answer. Whatever happens on October 28th.
I did that. My conclusion? Probably not. What it looks like is some new age claptrap.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  18:53:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, things just got wierder. Just recently people have been getting emails from the site creator despite not giving there email, and if you go to the front page it has changed with a piece of text with the words "Start in California", all recored in the last few pages of this thread:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread743904/pg747

Also note that earthquakes in California have mysteriously increased.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  19:52:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000
Also note that earthquakes in California have mysteriously increased.
Source?

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  08:16:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don;t think I addressed it properly, so let me explain it again:

I don't think its spouting an end of the world scenario most of the time, you have to look at the links on the wiki page to know a little on whats going on:

http://oct282011.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Also the site owner created this website that allows people to share their experiance of the manuals, but it also talks about the emails that someone posted on ABTs which is what the above post is talking about:

http://record.oct282011.com/

Also going back to the main page : http://oct282011.com/, clicking on it will take you to this page: http://oct282011.com/main.html

What the hell is going on!?
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  06:35:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

I don;t think I addressed it properly, so let me explain it again:

I don't think its spouting an end of the world scenario most of the time, you have to look at the links on the wiki page to know a little on whats going on:

http://oct282011.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Also the site owner created this website that allows people to share their experiance of the manuals, but it also talks about the emails that someone posted on ABTs which is what the above post is talking about:

http://record.oct282011.com/

Also going back to the main page : http://oct282011.com/, clicking on it will take you to this page: http://oct282011.com/main.html

What the hell is going on!?


Tell you what.

When October 28, 2011 comes and goes without fanfare, I will hope that you will be less frightened of unsupported claims and fiction.

I will remind you at every turn when you post a new conspiracy theory or claim that is unsubstantiated about your failure on the 28th of October.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.


Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.
Powered by @tomic Studio
Snitz Forums 2000