Pseudoscience
 New film will show Mayans had contact with ET
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  18:16:24  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or atleast the Meixcan goverment will reveal never before seen evidence that has been kept secret for 80 years.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/mayan-documentary-reveal-secret-government-information-%E2%80%A6-will-it-be-archaeology-or-mysti
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/sep/29/mayan-documentary-alien-mexico?newsfeed=true

Remember, the Mexican goverment is working with these directors and the disclosed artifacts and evidence they will give us will blow us away. Are you feeling nervous now about 2012, or excited that we may have proof of alien visitors.

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  21:35:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

Remember, the Mexican goverment is working with these directors and the disclosed artifacts and evidence they will give us will blow us away. Are you feeling nervous now about 2012, or excited that we may have proof of alien visitors.

If that's a question than, Nooo! Not in the slightest. How is this any different than what Harold Camping claimed for May 25, 2011, then changed to Oct 21, 2011? (OMG! it's coming)

How are these claims, about the movie or by Camping, any different than what you found on that "really weird website that has a countdown to October 28th 2011"?

I see a pattern here, DO YOU? SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  03:45:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, no. Ignore the whole doomsday and look at those two artciles. This is earth shattering news that is about to braught up next year and the media should be giving this much bigger coverage. I mean it seems they will give us proof, look at these quotes:

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

In a release to TheWrap, Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

Underground vaults, the conspiracy theorist were right. There really is underground fault where goverments hid stuff they did not want the public to know.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  05:16:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, no. Ignore the whole doomsday and look at those two artciles. This is earth shattering news that is about to braught up next year and the media should be giving this much bigger coverage. I mean it seems they will give us proof, look at these quotes:

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

In a release to TheWrap, Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."

Underground vaults, the conspiracy theorist were right. There really is underground fault where goverments hid stuff they did not want the public to know.
Movies and press release and hints of Government cover ups. I'm not too sure, but I do not believe that is how science is done.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  07:05:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Are you feeling nervous now about 2012, or excited that we may have proof of alien visitors.
Not in the least...

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  07:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was going to suggest you float these "theories" by the folks over at the BAUT forum, but I see you're already there. Have fun!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  09:50:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That's all movie marketing. The promises are statements that are not backed up by any facts or evidence. I'm sure you will get a much more gullible crowd at some other forum that buys into promises of future rewards based on having faith in "outrageous claims" like alien contacts without any evidence but with future evidence to come. I'm still waiting for an update from a new member, not unlike yourself, to tell us how his making a suckers stone or something. If you both are correct things are looking good for everyone.
Yeah, terms like "seems" and "will" as selling points for a film are problematic with raising my interest to any degree. Let's face it it works on some but it doesn't do it for me.

The Mexican government? Without evidence beyond their words, I'm not interested. Don't you see that this get's old to anyone who's paying attention.

Underground vaults, the conspiracy theorist were right.
That remains to be seen and not stated as fact.
There really is underground fault where goverments hid stuff they did not want the public to know.
It would really be a waste of time commenting on the articles, all they bring is what you reported. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 10/06/2011 09:53:38
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  09:54:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the aliens that visited the Mayans are the same ones that crashed in Roswell New Mexico. 1947. Both the Mexican Government and the American agreed to keep it a secret from the public.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  10:26:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

I think the aliens that visited the Mayans are the same ones that crashed in Roswell New Mexico. 1947. Both the Mexican Government and the American agreed to keep it a secret from the public.

What could you possibly base that on? Did they find a Sombrero at the crash scene in Roswell?

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2011 :  11:03:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

Do you really think that? Do you?

You know what I'm starting to think? I'm starting to think you just say stuff to get a rise from us. I don't think you believe what you just said. With enough posts, a picture is developing of your style.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2011 :  06:28:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After reading flanagan1000's links and the proximity of 'Mexico Roswell' to the Texas-Mexico UFO Corridor. It is possible the UFO missed its Mexico base and crashed into nearby Roswell.

I was quite skeptical earlier. But with Mexico about to release its alien-mayan links. It is more than a coincident.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.