Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2011 :  11:56:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh fine.

Funny how I'm the cause of so much strife for not worshiping a magical invisible Jewish zombie that levitated into the sky.
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 10/17/2011 12:09:23
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  10:08:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When you have 60% of Americans non believers (population of 300 million) compared to 80% of Brits non believers out of a population of 60 million. Add to it the high percentage of drug takers incarcerated in the US. Yes it will show America is the crime center of the world.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  10:39:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by justintime

When you have 60% of Americans non believers (population of 300 million) compared to 80% of Brits non believers out of a population of 60 million. Add to it the high percentage of drug takers incarcerated in the US. Yes it will show America is the crime center of the world.

What drugs are you on and why aren't you offering us any?

60% of Americans non-believers?

2008 survey places Judeo-Christian believers as 77.2% of the population. 83% of the population as religious in some way.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  19:14:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When you have 60% of Americans non believers (population of 300 million) compared to 80% of Brits non believers out of a population of 60 million.
That's why we compare per capita rates.
Add to it the high percentage of drug takers incarcerated in the US.
Oh, you wanted to include victimless possession as a "crime?" I wouldn't have.
Yes it will show America is the crime center of the world.
And it's much more highly religious. Using your logic, Christianity causes crime.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  19:15:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

60% of Americans non-believers?
He's probably only including Evangelicals as "believers." A Catholic is just as evil as an atheist, donchaknow?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2011 :  10:48:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

justintime in what fantasy parallel universe did you get that factoid? You got a reference? That's not possibly true in the USA I live in. Come on, you make this up, don't you?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  09:00:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was quite simple. Only 40% of Americans believe in evolution. 60% do not believe in evolution. So even though statistics show 75% of Americans are Christians. Even here only 40% are die hard Christians (true believers)

All the other stats are from Crime stats, population stats, crime distribution etc. etc.

Edited to correct mistakes pointed out by Kil. My bad!!!
Edited by - justintime on 10/22/2011 09:41:09
Go to Top of Page

Hal
Skeptic Friend

USA
302 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  09:09:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Hal a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It was quite simple. 40% of Americans do not believe in evolution. So even though statistics show 75% of Americans are Christians. Only 40% are die hard Christians (true believers)

All the other stats are from Crime stats, population stats, crime distribution etc. etc.

What about Scotsmen? Do you have any figures on how many True Scotsmen "believe" in evolution? I bet none of them do! (No True Scotsmen, that is.)

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  09:12:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It was quite simple. 40% of Americans do not believe in evolution. So even though statistics show 75% of Americans are Christians. Only 40% are die hard Christians (true believers)

Wow.

Stay away from the Kool-Aide, man.

That is seriously fucked up right there.

Jumps right to the no-true-Scottsman fallacy.

Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2011 :  17:57:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most people that accept the fact and scientific theory of evolution believe in god(s).
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 10/20/2011 18:02:35
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  23:15:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but do those people "believe" in evolution?

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  11:45:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are evolutionist who believe in god. There are evolutionist who believe in a Christian god. Indians believe in a monkey god called Hanuman found in their Epics written around 450BCE. Might even be the source of inspiration for Darwins monkey theory. Don't quote me on that.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  12:34:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

There are evolutionist who believe in god. There are evolutionist who believe in a Christian god. Indians believe in a monkey god called Hanuman found in their Epics written around 450BCE. Might even be the source of inspiration for Darwins monkey theory. Don't quote me on that.

Don't worry. We won't.

Primarily because it is wrong.

Go to Top of Page

justintime
BANNED

382 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  12:46:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send justintime a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Don't worry. We won't.

You must know India is the second fastest emerging economy in the world. With about 1.2 billion population and some of the best research scientist in the world. Americans embrace Deepak Chopra. But wait till you meet the other Indian Monkey believers.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2011 :  13:15:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Don't worry. We won't.

You must know India is the second fastest emerging economy in the world. With about 1.2 billion population and some of the best research scientist in the world. Americans embrace Deepak Chopra. But wait till you meet the other Indian Monkey believers.

You must know that during Darwin's time, they weren't.

I've met many people from India. Nice folks.

They also have a God called Ganesh who is an elephant. Are you suggesting that they might suggest common decent from elephants as well?

The monkey believers red herring is noted and discarded.

Considering the expedition NEVER MADE LANDFALL IN INDIA, I would rate your suggestion as Creationist uninformed prattle.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.