Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 The Illuminati are actually a force for good.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  09:51:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uhm... this is not a criticism, but how much of it have you read? Its just that when I first came across it, it took me a long a long time to understand the themes it presented? I will actknowledge that it does make some contradictions. It claims that conspiracy theeories are bullshit, but sometimes they claim that 144 archons (apparently people who have supernatural powers and are some sort of angel sent by satan0 pull the strings on this "old world order".
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  10:11:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

Uhm... this is not a criticism, but how much of it have you read? Its just that when I first came across it, it took me a long a long time to understand the themes it presented? I will actknowledge that it does make some contradictions. It claims that conspiracy theeories are bullshit, but sometimes they claim that 144 archons (apparently people who have supernatural powers and are some sort of angel sent by satan0 pull the strings on this "old world order".

That is your inexperience.

I have experience in seeing this kind of garbage before. It isn't new. Some of the claims are, but I just chalk them up to a new crowd freshening up the con.

144 archons.... not new.... don't exist..... shadow world government.... seen it in so many bad vampire movies and psychological thrillers. Basic satan reference to dredge up learned fears.

They intersperse logical and rational concepts to confuse the reader. Note that the wackiest of the claims have no evidence associated with them?

It has all the major markings as new age gobbletygook. Since I am familiar with the concepts that they are basing the garbage on, I can identify where they misapply and misuse it.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  10:19:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SO you are not at all decieved when (this includes the first page and they frequently put this on their facebook page) they go on an on how about new age beliefs are claptrap and are stopping people understanding standing science and reasoning, ok.

Also, were you suprised that these people are claiming to be the illuminati themselves, and that they have some fantastical background and a 12 man ruling council (as decribed in this "interview" http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/The-Illuminati%28903482%29.htm).

And I thought the Peter Moon/Radu Cinemar books had huge and fantastical claims and people)
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  10:29:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Fantastical" shares a root with "fantasy." It's all make-believe. Playing with Illuminati is what some adults do when they think they're too "old" to play with dolls.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  11:56:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by flanagan1000

SO you are not at all decieved when (this includes the first page and they frequently put this on their facebook page) they go on an on how about new age beliefs are claptrap and are stopping people understanding standing science and reasoning, ok.

Also, were you suprised that these people are claiming to be the illuminati themselves, and that they have some fantastical background and a 12 man ruling council (as decribed in this "interview" http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/The-Illuminati%28903482%29.htm).

And I thought the Peter Moon/Radu Cinemar books had huge and fantastical claims and people)

Not surprised at all.

Counsel of the 12 is a common new age theme. One for each sign of the zodiac. This linked with the 3 aspects of the 4 elements.

That would be

Aspects:

Elemental
Fixed
Mutable

Elements:

Air
Fire
Water
Earth

I am a Virgo. My sign is classified mutable Earth.

They picked the Illuminati because it is the most well known amongst conspiracy theorists.

Give me a good Thugee conspiracy theorist for a change. That would be entertaining.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

flanagan1000
Banned

413 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  12:48:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send flanagan1000 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It goes on about how Pythagorus set up the original Illuminati, how its a secret brotheerhood and how it was true. I did hear that Pythagorus set up a secret group, are they just using grey details to twist it into their own means.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2011 :  13:51:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're having Pretend Time.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Saggiterjesus

1 Post

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  01:29:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Saggiterjesus a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I have also stumbled accross the Illuminati website (the armageddon conspiracy) by accident... and it totally took me by surprise.

According to them their goal is not what the anti-illuminati masses think they are.(I used to be against them)I havent made a decision as of yet, im still checking out their stuff and just reading what they have to say. It depends what the illuminati are to you. Some think they are the rich elite powers that run everything. I used to think they are too... but according to an insider of the illuminists, he speaks on behalf of this society.. they are against world powers and democracy,capitalism aka the SYSTEM. Which is what the anti illuminati people are protesting about too... freedom.

I recently became a born again christian or believer in Jesus. I started going to bible college last year, to see what this bible book has to say...

It is quite a vast, collection of scripture, with some good truths, wisdom and principles. I chose Christ because the story is basically Love, to a certain extent! Dying for the people Jesus loves. Agape. I believe in that. And I understand that, its being ready to lay your life down for freedom, people, and love. To fight and stand for RIGHTEOUSNESS. Jesus was agianst the system of this world, and so am I. I believe in sin a swell. So far so good...

As I continued my studies, I was quite depressed and shocked about something that kept bothering me... Hell, the end of the world and the tribulation. Although according to the bible I would be free from this... it didnt make me feel better. I don't care if i'm saved and going to heaven, all well and good, but there are family members, friends and other people who according to scripture are going to be 'tormented day and night in the lake of fire for eternity' for not placing faith in Christ. I couldn't live my life with this tragedy...

I preached the word to as many as I loved, took them to church, prayed for them and for the rest of humanity. Towards the new year, I started to actually test and question my faith and do some intense research on history, science, evolution, Aliens, some other religions and the Illuminati.

Everything has its own truth to offer... every religion wants it to be the absolute truth. Every God of these religions wants to be the real true God. The God of these religions hate each other and its people.

I am aware that the bible is missing books, and that there are actually a lot of mis-quotes, some failed prophecies and the gospel accounts about Jesus are either false prophecies or they speak about a lot of things that differ from one another... It isn't always clear what it tries to imply...

What you must be open to and aware about is to have knowledge, to acknowledge the facts of science (facts can be true) they are most of the the time truth. Even if they go against your beliefs. And faith, because faith can help you get through things you don't understand or expect of during times in your life... because we are obviously dealing with a lot of misinformation and lies. So I acknowledge the facts of science, and the wrongs in my bible, and I have faith at the same time :) Intuition and insight can be developed through study, you develop it by time and by studying yourself.

Take a look at these 4 signifying biblical quotes:

Luke 17:21 'the kingdom of god is within you'

Romans 8:11 'the spirit of god lives in you'

Romans 8:10 'Christ(messiah)lives in you'

Hosea 3:6 ' My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge'

(Buddhism shares this same philosophy, I once saw a quote of a Buddhist saying 'suffering is caused by lack of wisdom').

Buddhism also teaches re-incarnation, certain aspects of Christian teaching seem to imply this, Jesus either resurrected or was transformed into another person since they did not recognise him after his death. Also since it says that God was incarnated to a man... is also a hint of the re-incarnation/incarnation teaching.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  01:59:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fnord

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  02:08:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I wanted to write more, but right now I'm a little pressed for time.
But I do want to address something you wrote which I think is very important:
Originally posted by Saggiterjesus

Everything has its own truth to offer... every religion wants it to be the absolute truth. Every God of these religions wants to be the real true God.

Yes, everyone has their own truth to offer. But only one truth, and one truth only, conforms exactly to reality. Science is the method that has proven to be the best way to find that truth.
By offering your mind to religion, sacrificing your mind at the altar of faith, you are turning yourself away from the best way of finding the truth about the world you live in.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds.