Rick Santorum is a piece of shit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  07:14:07  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry about the profanity (well, not really), but this guy has got to be taken down a few pegs, preferably to somewhere below public visibility. From thinkprogress.org:

#8206;"During a town hall meeting in Ottumwa, Iowa Friday afternoon, Rick Santorum argued that Americans receive too many government benefits and ought to “suffer” in the Christian tradition. If “you’re lower income, you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance,” Santorum complained, before adding, “suffering is part of life and it’s not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life.” However, almost all states have curtailed their aid programs, just as the economic downturn is expanding the pool of eligible applicants."

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/11/18/372693/santorum-americans-should-suffer/

Mr. Santorum, let me put this as politely as possible - fuck off.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  07:41:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apparently the piece of shit doesn't know anyone who qualifies for those programs. If he did, he wouldn't dare suggest that they aren't suffering.

I'm so glad Dan Savage ruined Santorum's name, at least when it comes to Google searches. The fucker deserves it.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  07:48:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait I thought he was: The frothy mix of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex...not just a piece of shit, but so much more...
Edited by - chefcrsh on 11/21/2011 07:48:28
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  07:50:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

Sorry about the profanity (well, not really), but this guy has got to be taken down a few pegs, preferably to somewhere below public visibility. From thinkprogress.org:

#8206;"During a town hall meeting in Ottumwa, Iowa Friday afternoon, Rick Santorum argued that Americans receive too many government benefits and ought to “suffer” in the Christian tradition. If “you’re lower income, you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance,” Santorum complained, before adding, “suffering is part of life and it’s not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life.” However, almost all states have curtailed their aid programs, just as the economic downturn is expanding the pool of eligible applicants."

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/11/18/372693/santorum-americans-should-suffer/

It took you this long to discover...... oh wait.... you are Canadian.... That explains it. You haven't been exposed to the other bits of Christian charity he is known for.

Santorum is known for his "screw the poor" rhetoric. Even Ebenezer Scrooge pre-hauntings thought this guy was ruthless.

13 June, 2011

QUESTION: Do you believe that there should be any legal exceptions for rape or incest when it comes to abortion?

SANTORUM: I believe that life begins at conception, and that that life should be guaranteed under the Constitution. That is a person.

QUESTION: So even in the case of rape or incest, that would be taking a life?

SANTORUM: That would be taking a life, and I believe that any doctor that performs an abortion, I would advocate that any doctor that performs an abortion, should be criminally charged for doing so.

On Islam

"The idea that the Crusades and the fight of Christendom against Islam is somehow an aggression on our part is absolutely anti-historical."

In 2006, he had attempted to link same sex marriage to bestiality, abortion to African American genocide, all abortions to murder. He was a Senator for Pennsylvania. In 2006, he lost, as an incumbent, to the challenger by 18 percentage points.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  07:56:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just checked out his history - his parents both worked for the VA, he attended public school and state college. And of course as a public servant his salary is paid for by tax dollars. So I guess he doesn't mind personally benefiting from government subsidies for the middle class. It's just the poor he'd like to fuck over.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  10:39:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

I guess it's clear what his answer to the WWJD question is, "Fuck the poor!"
He must not be familiar with Matthew 25:41-45

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

podcat
Skeptic Friend

435 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  14:30:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send podcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, Dan Savage only ruined Rick Santorum's *last* name. His first name is still unblemished....for now...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/602a41c3d7/dan-savage-s-new-threat-to-rick-santorum?rel=player

“In a modern...society, everybody has the absolute right to believe whatever they damn well please, but they don't have the same right to be taken seriously”.

-Barry Williams, co-founder, Australian Skeptics
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2011 :  18:06:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Makes me almost feel bad for other people whose last name is "Santorum". Almost.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  00:33:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Rat....

Rick Santorum is a piece of shit
Absolutely correct! Can you name a Republican politician that is not a piece of shit, or worse?

And I sure as hell don't mean that many (perhaps most) Democrats are not also self-serving, greedy, get-elected-at-any-price, politics-above-anything..... motherfuckers!

They are all of the above and worse!

But I really believe that all current Republican politicians are totally unacceptable for public office.

Every goddam one of them!

Do you disagree?

P.S. I think I have Thanksgiving dinner under control. I'll find time tommorrow to answer other comments on my recent thread. Right now I am nauseated by the political circus going on in this country all the way from the Leader in the White House to the janitors in the Congress!
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  12:00:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rick Santorum obviously has never been poor. Also, didn't Jesus help the poor? He thinks he such a good christian yet he doesn't act like one. There do seem to be quite a few hypocrites among religious believers

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  10:27:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If suffering is important, then he really should support very high taxes on the ultra rich. (Relating to those poor oppressed ultra rich who are "punished for success" with taxes).

bngbuck, Jon Huntsman doesn't seem too bad...for a Republican.
Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 11/25/2011 10:47:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.