New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  16:51:47  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a strange story so bare with me.

I'm a member of forgottenbooks.org and several days ago I got an announcement they sent to all their members saying that a manuscript called 'The Book of Aquarius' had been anonymously emailed into their site. After reading it they thought it important enough to email all their members about and put the whole book up for free on their web site. The book is free for everyone, you don't have to be a member.

Now Forgotten Books is quite a big company, they publish thousands of books in different countries, so I downloaded the book and have just finished reading it.

The book is remarkable. The anonymous author actually claims to be making the Philosopher's Stone, which they claim is not a myth but a real and physical thing. Not only that, but it is even more powerful than the myths.

Of course normally I wouldn't just believe something I read on the Internet, but the author supports everything they say with hundreds of quotes from real alchemy books. So I looked up some of the alchemy books and they actually exist! And the quotes are actually in those alchemy books. Everything he/she says is supported by books written hundreds of years ago, so I don't see how this can be scam, unless he has a time machine too!

Somehow the author of this book has managed to decode the mystic language of the alchemists, and they even tell you how to read the alchemy books yourself, which makes it possible for anyone to read the alchemy books.

I know not many people will believe me but please check this out for yourself, since it is free.

But it goes further. The author also goes into detail about 2012 and how the golden age we are going into is actually when the Philosopher's Stone is free for all people. He/She even goes into stuff about enlightenment and metaphysics.

Here is a quote from the introduction.

"The purpose of this book is to release one particular secret, which has been kept hidden for the last 12,000 years. The Philosophers' Stone, Elixir of Life, Fountain of Youth, Ambrosia, Soma, Amrita, Nectar of Immortality. These are different names for the same thing.

Throughout history this secret has been used by a very few to extend their lives hundreds of years in perfect health, with access to unlimited wealth, among many other miraculous properties. Some kept the secret because they understood that the time was not right for the secret to be free for all people, but most kept the secret out of their own jealousy, ignorance, egotism and corruption.

The Stone's history and the history of the human race up until this day is a strange story full of secret societies, hooded cloaks, and mystical symbols. Such theatrics are childish and shallow. It's pointless to look for the light in the shadows.

The Philosophers' Stone operates and is made by entirely natural and scientific means. Truth is always simple, beautiful and easy to understand.

The Philosophers' Stone is real; you can make it at home. The Stone makes old people young, heals all forms of sickness and disease, extends your life, turns any metal into gold, and more, as you will learn. This isn't a myth or a metaphor, it's a fact.

Don't judge this book before you've read it. This is not one of those airy fairy books written in all kinds of mystical language, filling pages with words that makes sentences but not sense. This book will make more sense than anything you've ever read before.

The age of secrets is over. I'm writing this book in common English. There's no need for mystical language or metaphor. This book contains no hidden meaning or codes; everything is stated plainly and directly, in the shortest and simplest of words necessary to convey the meaning.
"

Chapters 1 - 2 are the introduction and foreword.
Chapters 3 - 17 cover the theory of alchemy.
Chapters 18 - 28 cover the practical instructions for making the Stone.
Chapters 29 - 31 cover further information on the Stone.
Chapters 32 - 46 cover the history of the Stone.
Chapters 47 - 48 cover some more philosophical topics.
Chapter 49 is the alchemists' prophecy.
Chapter 50 is the afterword.
Chapter 51 is the bibliography.

What do you think of this?

Here is the link to download it for free:

http://www.forgottenbooks.org/bookofaquarius

-sign

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  07:38:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a load of crap.

Alchemists have pursued this "secret" for literally millenia.

It requires the existance of magic. As there has not been any credible nor empirical proof for magic, it's a pretty good bet that it doesn't exist.

Thousands of books...... yawn.

And e-books are much cheaper to publish than standard books. Much less overhead and cost.

This almost looks like an advertisement for this company.

If it is, I suggest you

1) look at out TOS concerning spam.
2) look at your marketing strategy. Selling woo to skeptics is no way to make diddly over squat.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  09:49:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for posting twice in a row but a thought just occurred to me...

Think about what affect this would have on the world. It would change everything. Everything!

People would live for thousands of years, there would be no disease, no wars, everyone would be happy...

Wait!

This is exactly what is prophesied to happen in the so-called Golden Age.

And now we know how it could happen. What if this is it? What are we waiting for?

-sign
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  10:33:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had the idea to do this. It occurred to me a few years ago when thinking about how herbal medicine and homeopathy are so popular despite the fact they are scientifically discredited. People are so gullible, I decided, that you could probably get a good many suckers to believe that alchemy is a "forgotten" technology and that it worked all along. It's both depressing and expected to learn that I was right.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  10:35:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sign00
Think about what affect this would have on the world. It would change everything. Everything!
If it worked, wouldn't everything have been changed already?

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 12/19/2011 10:35:44
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  10:56:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This guy sounds suspiciously like flanagan

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  11:46:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

I had the idea to do this. It occurred to me a few years ago when thinking about how herbal medicine and homeopathy are so popular despite the fact they are scientifically discredited. People are so gullible, I decided, that you could probably get a good many suckers to believe that alchemy is a "forgotten" technology and that it worked all along. It's both depressing and expected to learn that I was right.

How does it follow Nature? Which parts are imitations of natural cycles? I can see clearly how your different stages are corruptions of the true alchemical processes, but what I don't understand is why you choose to believe people who write this type of thing - there is no reason to believe it.

Unless anyone would like to further discuss the concept of multiplication/fermentation before coction, I'll say no more in this thread. It is not my responsibility to explain why a series of random words "which makes sentences but not sense" and have no foundation are not true alchemical processes.

Your haste is your biggest fault, a little patience goes a long way.
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  11:50:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

It's a load of crap.

Alchemists have pursued this "secret" for literally millenia.

Not true, you can only be referring to "recipe" books of alchemy, which were known then to be entirely fraudulent, just for the purpose of making money for the book sellers and printers. This is stated many times in the genuine alchemical books - which, I should add reveal themselves to be genuine by the logical explanation of the theory and in how they agree with each other.

This book will make more sense than anything you've ever read before.
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  11:58:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

If it worked, wouldn't everything have been changed already?

Yes the Stone saves you from the disaster, since you will be unaffected by heat, cold and radiation and you won't need to eat, drink or breathe. So you're pretty safe against anything. Of course you can still die, but it needs to be something drastic, like getting totally crushed or having your head cut off. This is assuming you have a very high concentration of the Stone though (multiplied many times in quality). At first it is not so powerful.

There's no shortcut I know of, although I'm not claiming one does not exist. The White Stone is the first you get, which is less powerful, and won't keep you from death. It might cure a cancer but it won't make you immortal. The Red Stone is the one that really makes you into something special.

Things are going to get worse, but we still have a few years. When the big catastrophe comes it'll take everyone by surprise.
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  12:01:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please read the book before commenting on it. You should read the chapter on Interpretations. The whole idea about alchemy being spiritual was from the 19th century. The actual alchemists themselves spoke about an actual physical substance. This whole thing about alchemy having to hide that it was religious because of the politics is untrue, which we can see because alchemy as it was written was itself attacked throughout history by the kings and church. England and Holland both made alchemy illegal and punishable as a felony. So who were they hiding from? No, they were not hiding from the politicians, who were after them even with their obscure words.

Considering that this is a brand new book which has just come out, which is totally different to anything released before, I think it would be worthwhile to actually read it before announcing your opinion on why it is wrong.

-sign
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  12:37:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the end of my time of SFN.

I've managed to convince Forgotten Books to give me some hosting space. Over the last couple of days I've created an online editable (for select users) version of the book, which is automatically rendered into PDF. So far I haven't updated the book with any of your questions here, but I will do.

If any of you wish to ask anymore questions, there is a forum also on the new site. I will expand the book with any good questions asked in a new FAQ appendix. All other chapters will be updated too, as I did rush the original.

Thank you for all your feedback, it has been very valuable.

Good luck with your Stones, and I hope I will see you on the other forum.

http://bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org/
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  12:52:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I AM THE AUTHOR

It seems I underestimated you guys, and I overestimated myself.

I reread all my previous posts, and even I can tell my acting skills are appalling. I don't really have anywhere to turn. Even if you guys did believe me it is still too suspicious and these forums don't magically disappear from the Internet, it'll be on here forever.

The idea is for everyone to read this book, and if that happens then this topic will be scrutinized and I'm certain many people will reach the same conclusion.

I AM THE AUTHOR

Did you not read the Foreword where it states not to ask me if you have guessed who I am? I would prefer not to be hunted.

Now, luckily I did this whole "release" in a country different to the one I usually reside in, and also using temporary email addresses and proxies. So even if the connection is magnificently traced I'll be gone.

I sent the original email anonymously out to 500 sites, and only 1 (forgottenbooks.org) put it up. I was expecting more response than this, although I suppose I should be happy with forgottenbooks.org. It is still a little disappointing. I even sent the email to the owner of ATS. No response. I'm very surprised sacred-texts.com, rexresearch.com and alchemywebsite.com all ignored the email too. I would expect them to understand something like this.

Anyway, I have no way of telling how many people have downloaded the book or what they think about it, and I obviously can't go around discussing this with people. I hoped to gain some response from this topic. So I created an account, rushed the first 20 required posts, and then started this one. The whole time I dumbed down my posts, attempting to sound more like an overenergetic kid with not so good spelling and punctuation. To everyone I replied to here somewhat aggressively, I'm not really like that, but I was having fun under my little alias and it was funny to watch everyone posting theories that make no sense and being able to shout at them without anyone thinking anything of it. But I slowly gave away that I do know what I'm talking about.

I'm not going to prove I'm the author by revealing the key to the SHA-1 hash, since the idea is that I release another key at the same time, so I can prove who I am the next time, and a forum is not a good place to do that as everyone would have to read it in order to get the next key. So if you choose not to believe I'm the author for this reason then that's not a problem.

So here's the deal: I'll answer questions for 48 hours, then I'll be gone. But from your side, you must all promise that if you ask a question you will make great effort to distribute this book to as many people as you can. Post it on Facebook, on forums, send it to everyone in your address book, everyone in the office or school. Everyone. And ask them to do the same. That's my deal.
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  13:03:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to attempt to resurrect this thread, as I'm generally impressed with the intelligence of the members here on ATS, as opposed to on other forums (especially conspiracy related forums.) I have some questions of my own concerning the state of mind of people who are both interested, and uninterested in the book.

I'd like to ask some questions to get some feedback about how we are all thinking. Don't be afraid to answer even if you are completely against alchemy and the book, I'm not going to be offended. It's good for everyone to share how they are feeling and what they are thinking, which is why we are here on ATS (to give our opinion and listen to others'.)

For those who are interested...

Which parts do you most appreciate?
Do you need anymore detail?
Do you intend to perform the process?
If so, why? If not, why?
Have you shared the book with others?
If so, why? If not, why?

For those who are not interested...

Why are you not interested?
Just don't care about immortality/enlightenment?
Don't understand the book?
Think it is a scam?
I'm crazy?
You know better?
And why did you come to the conclusion you have?

Thanks!

--sign
Go to Top of Page

sign00
Spammer

10 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  13:11:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sign00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

It's a load of crap. If it is, I suggest you

1) look at out TOS concerning spam.
2) look at your marketing strategy. Selling woo to skeptics is no way to make diddly over squat.

I will state this for you in an easy-to-read manner, so you can't miss it:

1. There is no reason for you to be here, except for fueling your ego.

2. You are only arguing a negative, and have nothing else to offer, which is impressively arrogant.

3. You assume everyone on this forum is stupid, when there are many very intelligent people who frequent this place. The idea of you arguing with me is laughable. I've probably done a lot more research than you.

4. People here do not just take my word for it (well some of them do, but we are not talking about those) they are here because they could understand the alchemical sources from what I wrote, and see for themselves the truth of alchemy.

5. Hundreds of people have physically seen the signs, with their own eyes. Those signs that you ramble about and throw randomly into sentences to try to look cool. We have seen them. Don't believe it? See for yourself in The Great Work. Or alternatively, go away.

To sum up: you are arguing a negative about something you don't understand with people who have personal experience.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  13:24:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Or alternatively, go away.
 Moderation Notice 

You don't get to come into my Web forums uninvited and tell my moderator to go away. And certainly not when you're obviously lying in order to hawk a product. You go away.

To everyone else:

It's funny, but I tried to go to this guy's first link, and my company's filters blocked it as a game site.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  14:11:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm going to attempt to resurrect this thread, as I'm generally impressed with the intelligence of the members here on ATS, as opposed to on other forums (especially conspiracy related forums.) I have some questions of my own concerning the state of mind of people who are both interested, and uninterested in the book.

Major fail.
This isn't the AboveTopSecret website.

I'm positively unimpressed.

(edited to add: he wasn't posting here believing we were ATS. He just copy-and-pasted from there and was just too lazy to change "ATS" to "SFN".)

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 12/19/2011 14:21:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.