Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  22:25:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glen J. Kuban. And if that's not right, I'm done. This has become a wild goose chase.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  22:50:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Glen J. Kuban. And if that's not right, I'm done. This has become a wild goose chase.
Yes, but you caught that wild goose, Kil, congrats!

I am forced to use some increasingly obscure faces, as I can find only so many people who I have 1) not used already, and 2) are not instantly recognizable celebrities. But these people, too, may be very important for good or ill.

Glen Kuban is a paleontologist who has made himself quite unpopular with some of the wilder and least ethical of the Creationist hoax fringe, like Carl Baugh and Don Patton. Kuban is a fairly regular contributor at Talk Origins.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  23:05:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Kil

I am forced to use some increasingly obscure faces, as I can find only so many people who I have 1) not used already, and 2) are not instantly recognizable celebrities. But these people, too, may be very important for good or ill.

Glen Kuban is a paleontologist who has made himself quite unpopular with some of the wilder and least ethical of the Creationist hoax fringe, like Carl Baugh and Don Patton. Kuban is a fairly regular contributor at Talk Origins.
I've been surprised by some you haven't used yet. Maybe I should supply a list and not play, when it's one of the faces I suggested.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  23:19:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Originally posted by Kil

I've been surprised by some you haven't used yet. Maybe I should supply a list and not play, when it's one of the faces I suggested.
That's something I'd not ask of you, since I appreciate your playing. But if you wish, we could do it that way. I certainly haven't been involved with these "faces" as long or closely as you have. Some people who are completely familiar to you are unknown to me, except, sometimes, just their names. I will still have to sift whatever I'm given as a suggestion, especially for photos that will work properly.

But yeah, a better knowledge base would help greatly, and thanks!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  01:37:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One problem I have at present, Kil, is that when I go looking for images of someone, particularly skeptics, I sometimes find photos of them posing with you at a some TAM or other, dammit. Pictures hosted by SFN, yet. I just now found one such "face", and per force had to look at your mug, too.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 04/18/2012 01:40:55
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  07:16:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

One problem I have at present, Kil, is that when I go looking for images of someone, particularly skeptics, I sometimes find photos of them posing with you at a some TAM or other, dammit. Pictures hosted by SFN, yet. I just now found one such "face", and per force had to look at your mug, too.
Ha! Well... Remember that there are people you have used that I have met and posed with and still didn't get it. Funny though..

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  07:49:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Ha! Well... Remember that there are people you have used that I have met and posed with and still didn't get it. Funny though..
So let me more definitely take you up on your offer, Kil. You bow out now, ahead of the game by a mile, and message me some names, okay? That's really my bottleneck, not the Photoshopping itself. And remember, people on both sides of critical/uncritical thinking, okay?

Thanks much!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.