Ghost Walkie Talkies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  04:22:02  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Un-freaking believable. I have seen this story about Ghost Walkie Talkies floating around the news sources since yesterday afternoon.
I find it unconscionable that this scam artist is getting unopposed mainstream news coverage.

Thoughts?

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  05:43:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Fox bothered to include even a brief paragraph of sanity from CFI's Joe Nickell. But this Gary Galka guy seems a real sleazebag to use his dead daughter in promoting sales of his do-nothing gizmo.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  05:45:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Un-freaking believable. I have seen this story about Ghost Walkie Talkies floating around the news sources since yesterday afternoon.
I find it unconscionable that this scam artist is getting unopposed mainstream news coverage.

Thoughts?

It's based on the science that has Zak Baggins and his roving band of idiots using electromagnetic voxes and frequency jumping white noise generators.

That science being pulled out of Zak Baggins' lower intestine.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  08:28:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the next step is to interface speech recognition software to get random words to cherry pick from.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  09:25:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

And the next step is to interface speech recognition software to get random words to cherry pick from.
Like one of those "translators" for dog sounds. Oddly, that sounds like it'd be as much fun as it would be stupid.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  10:19:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I really want to know is how these disembodied voices have the ability to transform themselves into radio waves (apparently very weak) that can be picked up by these devices.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  13:08:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

They already have them.

Baggins had one. The vox was preloaded with a number of words. EMF was supposed to trigger words.

The vox said Pain and Loss in the episode.

Yes, I watch it, but only for the entertainment factor.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.