New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  04:33:03  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here they are:

-A report comes out that a couple dozen House Republicans engaged in an alcohol-induced frolic, in one case nude, in the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus is believed to have walked on water, calmed the storm and, nearby, turned water into wine and performed the miracle of the loaves and fishes.

-Rep. Todd Akin, Missouri’s Republican nominee for Senate, suggests there is such a thing as “legitimate rape” and purports that women’s bodies have mysterious ways to repel the seed of rapists. He spends the next 48 hours rejecting GOP leaders’ demands that he quit the race.

-Weather forecasts show that a storm, likely to grow into Hurricane Isaac, may be chugging toward .#8201;.#8201;. Tampa, where Republicans will open their quadrennial nominating convention on Monday.

You'll love the rest of this article. The very next thing that gets mentioned is now Glen Beck and Pat Robertson were taking shots at others when this kind of shit happened to them.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  08:27:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Here they are:

-A report comes out that a couple dozen House Republicans engaged in an alcohol-induced frolic, in one case nude, in the Sea of Galilee, where Jesus is believed to have walked on water, calmed the storm and, nearby, turned water into wine and performed the miracle of the loaves and fishes.

-Rep. Todd Akin, Missouri’s Republican nominee for Senate, suggests there is such a thing as “legitimate rape” and purports that women’s bodies have mysterious ways to repel the seed of rapists. He spends the next 48 hours rejecting GOP leaders’ demands that he quit the race.

-Weather forecasts show that a storm, likely to grow into Hurricane Isaac, may be chugging toward .#8201;.#8201;. Tampa, where Republicans will open their quadrennial nominating convention on Monday.

You'll love the rest of this article. The very next thing that gets mentioned is now Glen Beck and Pat Robertson were taking shots at others when this kind of shit happened to them.

Pretty much everything is going wrong with the Romney campaign. Taxes, his choice of a running mate which made medicare an issue, and really, one thing after another. The Akin thing now brings abortion to the party. Ryan's and Akin's view that life begins at inception and the bill that Ryan AND Akin pushed that says so, pretty much puts Ryan and Akin on the same page, even as the Romney campaign tries to distance itself from it. Now, the idiot party just yesterday put in their platform that abortion begins at inception and that rape and incest is not a reason to have an abortion. And Romney is on record supporting (and not supporting) that view.

Normally, no one pays any attention to a parties platform. But coming right on the heals of Akin's stupid remark, the timing is very bad. And even his apologie doesn't change what those guys are for, which is now front and center.

I've never seen a party so hell bent on losing.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  11:23:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
I've never seen a party so hell bent on losing.

And hellbent on cheating to win. Just look at the anti-democratic moves in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  13:48:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, get a load of this. This rape thing has the repugs and other religious right fuck ups going totally loopy.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  05:53:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Here they are:

Yeah, now this: http://www.cnbc.com/id/48770752 This article says the gold standard would make the economy more volatile and unemployment would more than likely gradually rise. We would also have to worry about the possibility of a run on banks.

As far as Todd Akin, it is clear he did not mean to imply there is a time for legitimate rape, he was trying to use the term to mean actual rape. As far as the womans body being able to take care of a rape is beyond stupid and if he represented me I would want him gone.

I wonder if Pat Robertson is going to come out and say the hurricane coming toward Tampa is Gods judgment?

I am seriously thinking about using my constitutional right to not vote.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  09:46:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The GOP has been most entertaining this campaign season.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  12:22:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Convinced
If you are a republican, I can't see any other honorable course of action, except voting Democrat.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  12:47:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

If you are a republican, I can't see any other honorable course of action, except voting Democrat.

I live in Texas so if I do not vote or vote democrat it won't matter one bit. There is no way a majority of Texans will vote for the President.

Until both parties have a real plan and can work together to solve our debt problem, America will continue to circle the drain.

Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, making the most of your time, because the days are evil. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Eph 5:15-17)
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  13:34:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From where I'm standing, I've seen several Republicans stating that "working together" is completely out of the question, no matter what". It's not like the Dems haven't been reaching out...

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2012 :  12:52:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something totally weird: Brayton has a post showing Rush Limbaugh actually being sensible about something for once.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2012 :  14:40:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Something totally weird: Brayton has a post showing Rush Limbaugh actually being sensible about something for once.

If it served the right's agenda to agree with Akin, which is to get a president elected, he would have sided with Akin. This isn't a moment of clarity on the part of Rush. It's politics. Only this time he didn't have to be on the bullshitting side.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2012 :  09:14:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think that the internet is big enough to list all the Republican blunders.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  11:22:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote

From where I'm standing, I've seen several Republicans stating that "working together" is completely out of the question, no matter what". It's not like the Dems haven't been reaching out...

yeah right. Where have the Dems "reached out" to the republicans in a meaningful way. The President and the Dems have said my way or the highway.

"We can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back." - President Obama

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  11:36:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote

yeah right. Where have the Dems "reached out" to the republicans in a meaningful way. The President and the Dems have said my way or the highway.

"We can't have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back." - President Obama

Right...like the repugs like Limbaugh weren't attacking Obama even before the man got into office?? Limbaugh was already blaming the recession on Obama even before he took the oath of office.

As another example: the repubs have been fighting things like real health care reform tooth and nail down there. Even making up shit like "death panels" and what not.

There's also the fact that most of Bush's policies (the wars, Gitmo, faith based bullshit, etc) are all still in place. Obama hasn't pushed nearly as hard as he could have or should have in my opinion, yet you complain about the Democrats not having compromised enough?

How in fuck do you negotiate with people of that mindset? If I were Obama I'd have run roughshod over those fuckers (if I could) instead of just talking about it.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Convinced
Skeptic Friend

USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  12:23:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Convinced a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Right...like the repugs like Limbaugh weren't attacking Obama even before the man got into office?? Limbaugh was already blaming the recession on Obama even before he took the oath of office.

As another example: the repubs have been fighting things like real health care reform tooth and nail down there. Even making up shit like "death panels" and what not.

There's also the fact that most of Bush's policies (the wars, Gitmo, faith based bullshit, etc) are all still in place. Obama hasn't pushed nearly as hard as he could have or should have in my opinion, yet you complain about the Democrats not having compromised enough?

How in fuck do you negotiate with people of that mindset? If I were Obama I'd have run roughshod over those fuckers (if I could) instead of just talking about it.
I don't have a problem with parties not working together. I never said the republicans were any better only that Dr. Mabuse claim that the democrats are willing to compromise was not reality.

I am not voting for Romney, but he has been called a felon, racist and murderer by the Presidents campaign and high ranking democrats. Nobody from the Romney campaign has called the President any of those things.

I will do my civic duty and vote, but I am currently trying to find someone to vote for. Neither party is going to do what it will take to get America out of the drain. Frankly, I don't believe a majority of the American people really want to.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  12:24:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah right. Where have the Dems "reached out" to the republicans in a meaningful way.
"Obama-care" is a republican invention. They should have jumped all over it.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds.