Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  23:53:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7988169.stm

If animal to animal prostitution is okay, why not human to animal?!

More precisely, chimp to chimp. Inter-species examples would be more relevant.

Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  04:37:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Dusts off the old 10' pole*

More precisely, chimp to chimp. Inter-species examples would be more relevant.

How about Ligers? Also, how much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?!

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  06:03:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hoo boy. I had hoped to avoid commenting on this one.

There are some species that should not mate. For instance, humans and chickens. In cases where the animal is harmed during the sex act (woof means woof!), it should absolutely be banned. It is a form of animal torture and maiming (even in the states, food animals must be dispatched humanely).

Some guy with cows or pigs that are large enough to accept the coupling without pain to the animal. I don't care. I don't want to hear about it, either. Unless the object of their affection drop kicks them into the next state. Then it's funny. (Neigh means neigh!)

Listen my brothers and sisters
hear of my desperate tale.
I speak of our brothers in bondage
trapped in the earth like a jail.

Salad is only for murderers.
Cole slaw's a facist regime.

"Carrot Juice Constitutes Murder" - The Arrogant Worms

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

MisterMaggot

Fed Rep Yugoslavia
6 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  10:16:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send MisterMaggot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Originally posted by Dave W.

By the way, welcome to the SFN, MisterMaggot. What sorts of rights do you advocate we should confer to animals?

I think bestiality is compatible with basic animal rights, such as the right not to be physically harmed. I think animals can use body language to consent to sex, the most obvious being a dog attempting to mount a human. There would need to be legislation prohibiting the restraining of animals during sex as this would prevent them from expressing there non-consent i.e. walking away, kicking etc.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  13:36:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
MisterMaggot, I was actually asking you about those "basic animal rights," not just the sex stuff.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds.