New synonym for 'shit' - 'Romney'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  14:59:37  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Chinese Flag Flying in Freeport, Illinois?

Right now in Freeport, Illinois, some 170 workers at an auto sensor plant are sleeping in tents to protest Bain-owned Sensata Technology’s decision to ship their jobs to China.

The company recently made factory officials take down the American flag when they were forced to train their Chinese replacement workers, according to Tom Gaulrapp, with the United Steelworkers Union.

That's un-American, my friends.

This is taking place as Mitt Romney tries to convince people to believe that he doesn’t know about Bain's shipping American jobs overseas. He is trying to distance himself from Bain Capital, a pioneer of outsourcing where Romney made a fortune as CEO.

Another employee losing her job, Mary Jo Kerr, is a young mom of three. She's heartbroken because she can’t afford dance lessons for her daughter. Another is Dot Turner, so close to retirement, but will not receive it. Instead Dot will get just 26 weeks’ severance for 43 years of work in the plant.

Listen to their stories in the video above, and be sure to note the Chinese flag flying in front of the plant at about 1:10 into the video...in Illinois.

I'm pissed that the union, and the workers, would go along with the idea of training their replacements. If you're fired, just say 'fuck you' and immediately walk out en masse with both middle fingers in the air. Pissing on the shop floor is optional, but gets points for style.

Another option would be to 'train' the replacements in such a way that it goes very badly for them and the company.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  15:33:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is skeptical? Not political?

--J.D.

His secrets are not sold cheaply.
It is perilous to waste his time.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  15:37:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I moved this thread to the politics folder.

Kil

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  20:25:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Doctor X

This is skeptical? Not political?

--J.D.

Yeah, screwed up, I stepped in some romney and I wasn't thinking straight.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2012 :  10:41:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe if we all chip in, that little girl can get her dance lessons.

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2012 :  11:40:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

Maybe if we all chip in, that little girl can get her dance lessons.

Yeah, because that's all it's about, right?

Jesus H. Christ on a fucking pogo stick.

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  00:21:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're right. The issue is obviously that Romney left a company 10 years ago and now one of it's subsidiaries is outsourcing work. That's clearly his fault and he should pay dearly.

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  12:16:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

You're right. The issue is obviously that Romney left a company 10 years ago and now one of it's subsidiaries is outsourcing work. That's clearly his fault and he should pay dearly.

No, it's closing and moving to China. That's the way Shitney operates. He is a proven and undeniable economic traitor. And he is still responsible for this sort of business because that's the way he set it up. It was begun with the expressed purpose of buying up small companies and making them profitable enough so that, in Shitney's own words, they could be 'harvested'. Translation: fire the workers and sell off the company and all its assets for a profit, or move it to China.

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  15:05:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

A Chinese Flag Flying in Freeport, Illinois?
One thing that puzzles me is did Sensata have a retirement plan prior to the sale and did the sale result in the retirement plan being converted into 26 weeks of severance pay? I know it is a non-union shop and I have not spent a lot of time looking, but as I read about the lady with 43 years of service it was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2012 :  01:55:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, it's closing and moving to China. That's the way Shitney operates. He is a proven and undeniable economic traitor. And he is still responsible for this sort of business because that's the way he set it up. It was begun with the expressed purpose of buying up small companies and making them profitable enough so that, in Shitney's own words, they could be 'harvested'. Translation: fire the workers and sell off the company and all its assets for a profit, or move it to China.

And deprive the next generation of decent dancers. I don't know who to be more mad at. Romney, or those damn Chinese.

Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2012 :  07:32:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And this was in the works 10 years ago?

There are a lot more valid reasons to criticise R-Money than this.

Subsidiaries for companies will sometimes close up shop and move. Taking down the American flag in Freeport, IL and replacing it with a Chinese one sounded fishy to me.

It was. The image associated with this piece is from a Chinese factory.

The American flag was taken down while the Chinese delegation was in.

Link to a source closer than hit pieces

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.