Body Language Experts?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  19:59:37  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So it was easy enough to laugh these folks off on Bill O'Reilly's show. Now they're being brought in on CNN among other networks to analyze the candidates' body language in the debates. Is it me or do these folks seem uncomfortably pseudoscientific?

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  20:25:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Their body language makes it more than "seems."

--J.D.

His secrets are not sold cheaply.
It is perilous to waste his time.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  05:01:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pfft, you don't need body language experts when you have Graphology! You can tell who will be the best president by simply looking at their signitures.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  05:41:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Machi4velli

So it was easy enough to laugh these folks off on Bill O'Reilly's show. Now they're being brought in on CNN among other networks to analyze the candidates' body language in the debates. Is it me or do these folks seem uncomfortably pseudoscientific?

The bong hits they are doing between analysis is a giveaway.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  08:12:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Pfft, you don't need body language experts when you have Graphology! You can tell who will be the best president by simply looking at their signitures.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  09:47:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They seem to be taking forever to get to the important facts. I'm waiting to know what they wear, Boxers or Briefs, then I can decide.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Doctor X
Voluntary Exile

151 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  15:30:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Doctor X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Bah! Phrenology!

--J.D.

His secrets are not sold cheaply.
It is perilous to waste his time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.