Election 2012 poll
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  20:42:35  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
For the upcoming US Elections on Nov. 6, 2012, I am:

Choices:
Voting for Romney (plutocracy now!)
Voting for Obama (hoping for change)
Not eligible to vote (fortunately)
Not eligible to vote (but will try anyway!)
Waiting for the 7th so I can check Facebook without hating my friends
Starting a write-in campaign for myself!
Making a point by voting for a sure loser
Protesting by not voting
Going to vote mostly to argue with the poll watchers

(Anonymous Vote)

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  05:30:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, voted for Obama 2 weeks ago. My personal experience was that early voting in NC was well done and an improvement over '08. The line was not quite as long as it was in '08 (stood in line for 2.5 hours then) and I was finished in 50 minutes. The setup was better, but it could also be that there were no ballot initiatives. I think there were 3-4 in '08.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Machi4velli
SFN Regular

USA
854 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  10:24:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Machi4velli a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florida was a complete mess, we had 13 state ballot initiatives. Seriously, like 3 long paper-ballot pages (like 18 inch long pages maybe?) worth of them! Plus some for individual counties or cities. No wonder the lines were so long at early voting...

I'm pretty confident a good many voters couldn't even understand what some of them were proposing. I looked it them up and wrote down what I wanted to vote beforehand, but if I hadn't known, it would have taken a while to parse all of that. And I thought it was not written simply enough for the general population.

Do voters in other states vote in churches?

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people."
-Giordano Bruno

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge."
-Stephen Hawking

"Seeking what is true is not seeking what is desirable"
-Albert Camus
Edited by - Machi4velli on 11/06/2012 10:32:06
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  11:08:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I'm sure this poll will work perfectly fine if the verbs are changed to past tense.
Originally posted by Machi4velli

The only polling stations I know of in Virginia are in elementary schools and county government centers.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:40:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote

When I first got to Charlotte, NC I did, but that was 20 years ago. Now its schools and libraries.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

alienist
Skeptic Friend

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:48:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send alienist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I could have argued with poll watchers. But I live in a "blue state" so no one tries to influence my vote

The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well! - Joe Ancis
Go to Top of Page

Gorgo
SFN Die Hard

USA
5310 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  12:50:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Gorgo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohio likes Churches.

Obama is a thug, Romney is well, Romney, and they've created a system that shuts everyone else out that isn't vetted by the plutocracy. There are people demonstrating in some places by burning voter registration cards, but I just went in with my wife and waited while she voted, and left, so it wasn't much of a protest. First time I didn't vote in the presidential since I started in 1972. I think Obama and Nixon were the only two that I voted for that won. I think Nixon was probably to the left of Obama.

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's alright-
Jerry Garcia
Robert Hunter

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  17:29:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course the reporting is all over the place. First there were line where people waited hours when they first opened. Then midday no lines. People being turned away for no ID's in Pennsylvania the pony show is on.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  03:10:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rest of the world lets out a sigh of relief.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  03:46:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

The rest of the world lets out a sigh of relief.

Mostly. But here in Baguio, Philippines, people think that with Obama's election, he will tax companies that outsource call centers overseas. Lots of call center employees in this, a small city that specializes in English. (Many Koreans in particular come here for the most inexpensive place to learn the language.)

Just an example of how every common-sense statement finds contradictions in the real world.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  10:42:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My station in LA was in a church.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds.