Mayan Ac Tah
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  18:36:27  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mayan Ac Tah is proof that just because someone is descended from an ancient civilization, as we all are, does not automatically make him qualified for anything. In this case, he is utterly unqualified to talk about astronomy, physics, geology, and even his own ancestral history. Though he is skilled at spinning tales to credulous audiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8y0MR8KiY8

I couldn't get past the first ten minutes. The stupid burned too much.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2012 :  19:14:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Mayan Ac Tah is proof that just because someone is descended from an ancient civilization, as we all are, does not automatically make him qualified for anything. In this case, he is utterly unqualified to talk about astronomy, physics, geology, and even his own ancestral history. Though he is skilled at spinning tales to credulous audiences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8y0MR8KiY8

I couldn't get past the first ten minutes. The stupid burned too much.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2012 :  03:36:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm mainly descended from a people (the Normans) who conquered England and much later helped cut a blazing swath of conquest across North America. Oddly enough, the people here in the Philippines don't seem to fear that I am going to take their country from them. And they're right: I've never been much of a fighter.

Likewise, the ancient Mayans were great astronomers, capable of predicting eclipses years in advance. Even if we give this Ac Tah the credit he's claiming as being a direct descendant of Mayan astronomer-priests of pre-Columbian times, we have no reason to suspect that he himself knows much of anything of Mayan astronomy or mathematics, much less is able to make any but laughable predictions for the future.

There's a name for people who think such things are true: Suckers.

I suggest this: First, let's see the Ac Tah observe the heavens and use mathematics to predict the next several solar eclipses (without access to the tables showing this data created by modern astronomers). If he can do that task like his "ancestors" did, only then should we even listen (however skeptically) to his claims of prophecy.

Also, this scammer doesn't know shit about the Large Hadron Collider, and is only throwing out paranoid nonsense about how it's deliberately being used to "break the tectonic plates."

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/26/2012 03:53:16
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2012 :  15:47:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At 0:40 into this he states that scientists are looking for "the anti-matter". That's Peyote talk. I got a news flash for him they found it and can make it at will, for at least a decade. I'd bet 5 "proton protons" and one up & two down Quarks!

Planet alignment, pure gibberish.
These rare grand conjunction events only happen every couple of decades and the 2010s aren't one of them.

He would be better dressed for his ideas as a circus clown.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

williamj218
Spammer

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  00:00:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send williamj218 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for demography the time to altercate this, I feel absinthian about it and acclaim acquirements added on this topic. If possible, as you accession expertise, would you apperception afterlight your blog with added information? It is acutely accessible for me.
-------------------------------------------
[Spam deleted - Dave W.]
Edited by - williamj218 on 12/05/2012 00:05:45
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  02:11:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by williamj218

Thanks for demography the time to altercate this, I feel absinthian about it and acclaim acquirements added on this topic. If possible, as you accession expertise, would you apperception afterlight your blog with added information? It is acutely accessible for me.
[Spam deleted - Dave W.]
Sorry, finding it difficult to, uh, "par les vous" most of your words. No Savvy. The words appear to come from the Dictionary of Incredibly Obscure English. But I like them, as they are as delightful to speak as "Jabberwocky" and give me something to Google!

Was wondering how you found such words as "absinthian" (having the nature of wormwood). I have conversations all the time that could benefit from such pithy words.

Is there an ap for that?

Edited by - HalfMooner on 12/05/2012 02:24:33
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  16:14:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

[Spam deleted - Dave W.]

It appears to be automatically generated to appear like a "normal" post. Well, not normal here. Interesting spambottery.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  09:31:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

[Spam deleted - Dave W.]
Sorry, finding it difficult to, uh, "par les vous" most of your words. No Savvy. The words appear to come from the Dictionary of Incredibly Obscure English. But I like them, as they are as delightful to speak as "Jabberwocky" and give me something to Google!

Was wondering how you found such words as "absinthian" (having the nature of wormwood). I have conversations all the time that could benefit from such pithy words.

Is there an ap for that?

’Way up in the snow
Where the scrub oaks grow
And the coneys and the picas play
Where the marmots abound
All a-diggin’ in the ground
And the wind blows cold all day

There’s a little pile a’ stones
On a little pile a’ bones
That’s a-what the archaeologists say
But the folks in Lake City
Well, they sing a different ditty
It would like to make your hair turn gray

Now, it’s kind’a hard to find
But it’ll altercate your mind
If you happen to go the right way
You take Slumgullion Pass
And don’t stop for no gas
Until you get yourself to Al’s Café

It was the genuine, original
Highly pathological
Finger-lickin’ digital café
It was Al Packer’s Legendary
Coronary Fast-food
Cannibal Bar and Buffet

Some dark night
You gonna see a weird light
Up on Cannibal Plateau, they say
It’s a scrub oak fire
Like a funeral pyre
Old Packer’s been a-cookin’ all day

A-when the coyotes howl
And the cougar’s on the prowl
They ain’t lookin’ for your customary prey
Nah, they’re waitin’ for bones
In a pile a’ hot stones
At old Al Packer’s Café

With thanks to C. W. McCall

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  11:39:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice South-west flavor to that poem, Val.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.