Religion
 Pope to resign.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  18:45:36  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grief! You people are behind the times here. It's all over the net that pope ratty has tendered his resignation effective on the 28th.

Even the rapture ready people are on it...though to be fair they are good at watching the news.

There are even oddsmakers trying to guess who'll be the next bullshitter-in-chief.

My feelings? I don't much care. Other than the very faint hope that he can as a new civilian, be brought up on charges for covering up the child molestations his church has done, there is no reason to care. The new pope will likely be much the same as the old pope.

Edit
His speech.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.

Edited by - the_ignored on 02/11/2013 19:11:31

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  19:38:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While we can't really hope for anything better, there are some reasons to be happy that he's going.

Mind you, some of those reasons apply to the church in general, not just to him so it's actually less than ten reasons to be pleased that he's going.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  20:19:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  22:39:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Resigning Pope No Longer Has Strength To Lead Church Backward

“It is with sadness, but steadfast conviction, that I announce I am no longer capable of impeding social progress with the energy and endurance that is required of the highest ministry in the Roman Catholic Church,” Benedict reportedly said in Latin to the Vatican’s highest cardinals. “While I’m proud of the strides the Church has made over the past eight years, from thwarting AIDS-prevention efforts in Africa to failing to punish or even admit to decades of sexual abuse of children at the hands of clergy, it has become evident to me that, in this rapidly evolving world, I now lack the capacity to continue guiding this faith back centuries.”

“Thus, I must step down from the papacy,” he added. “But let me assure every member of the Church that the Vatican’s commitment to narrow-mindedness and social obstruction will long live on after my departure.”

I'm sorry. I should probably have posted this stuff in humor.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  06:21:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Resigning Pope No Longer Has Strength To Lead Church Backward

“It is with sadness, but steadfast conviction, that I announce I am no longer capable of impeding social progress with the energy and endurance that is required of the highest ministry in the Roman Catholic Church,” Benedict reportedly said in Latin to the Vatican’s highest cardinals. “While I’m proud of the strides the Church has made over the past eight years, from thwarting AIDS-prevention efforts in Africa to failing to punish or even admit to decades of sexual abuse of children at the hands of clergy, it has become evident to me that, in this rapidly evolving world, I now lack the capacity to continue guiding this faith back centuries.”

“Thus, I must step down from the papacy,” he added. “But let me assure every member of the Church that the Vatican’s commitment to narrow-mindedness and social obstruction will long live on after my departure.”

I'm sorry. I should probably have posted this stuff in humor.

Poe's Law allows for this to be posted here.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  06:43:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too bad. He was the perfect choice to lead such an organization. Any religion that believes in such a morally bankrupt God as the one depicted in the Bible must be up to the same moral standards and this pope fit that. Having to select his replacement from such a well vetted pool, I have no fear that they find one equally qualified.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  22:10:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did a Cross-Dressing Priest Sex Ring Bring Down Benedict XVI? Link.

Oh my! The things the pope has to put up with to serve Jesus these days. They sure are busy over there in Italy.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  21:49:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Too bad. He was the perfect choice to lead such an organization. Any religion that believes in such a morally bankrupt God as the one depicted in the Bible must be up to the same moral standards and this pope fit that. Having to select his replacement from such a well vetted pool, I have no fear that they find one equally qualified.
Just like I predicted and it hasn't taken that long to show.
March 14, 2013, JUAN GONZÁLEZ: For more on the new pope, we turn now to one of Argentina’s leading investigative journalists, Horacio Verbitsky, who has written extensively about the career of Cardinal Bergoglio and his actions during the military dictatorship that ruled Argentina from 1976 to 1983. During that time, up to 30,000 people were kidnapped and killed. A 2005 lawsuit accused Jorge Bergoglio of being connected to the 1976 kidnappings of two Jesuit priests, Orlando Yorio and Francisco Jalics. The lawsuit was filed after the publication of Verbitsky’s book, The Silence: From Paul VI to Bergoglio: The Secret Relations Between the Church and the ESMA. ESMA refers to the former navy school that was turned into a detention center where people were tortured by the military dictatorship. The new pope has denied the charges. He twice invoked his right under Argentine law to refuse to appear in open court to testify about the allegations. When he eventually did testify in 2010, human rights activists characterized his answers as evasive. link.

To all Catholic's! Continue to keep your children locked up. With this new Pope don't expect anything to change. The carnival continues and the Vatican going to party like it's 1999.

Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  17:16:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote

To all Catholic's! Continue to keep your children locked up. With this new Pope don't expect anything to change. The carnival continues and the Vatican going to party like it's 1999. 999

Fixed that for you.

(excerpt follows):
>
>

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  22:24:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

To all Catholic's! Continue to keep your children locked up. With this new Pope don't expect anything to change. The carnival continues and the Vatican going to party like it's 1999. 999

Fixed that for you.
Yeah, thanks! I did played with the thought of using 1399 or the likes but I let it go. The Catholic Carnival has been going on 2000 years and they have no intentions of ending their party. There are countless bastardized versions of the Jesus con-game/racket which are milking their life long brainwashed psychologically shackled slaves for all the money they can get. They're all running their own carnivals. Religious leaders, at least, KNOW what's going on. They're playing like cats with mice, with intelligent but delusional people who are either to lazy to take the time and think through the inconsistencies in the dogma and holy books or lack the courage to admit to themselves that they've been sold a fairy tale and won't admit it to themselves. Possible because all they have invested in to believing for so long. Like not dumping a falling stock, people can't bring themselves to let go. I understand why because I've had to do that. Just like others here. It's not an easy emotional barrier to scale after a life time of believing what you've been raised to believe.

Another thing.
It's not that the Christian Clergy have a monopoly of predatory sexually abuses, many other religious leaders use their position to rape their brain washed from child hood believers, even recently. The Catholic clergy right up to the Pope actively enable, protect, and consistently shelter from prosecution their fellow child molesters clergy even today, there are demonstrable facts proving this so. The BBC has done at least one 2 hour documentary presenting those fact's involving hundreds of alleged victims, in different countries and there are other films doing the same. Also, they are the single largest world wide group doing so that I know of. With a potential victim pool of hundreds on millions children from a base of 2 billion Catholics world wide. Based on those numbers whatever is known and provable has got to be only part of their total crimes and cover ups with child molestations alone. I expect this new Pope is going to do nothing but maintain the same direction of cover ups, denial and audaciously continue like all violations are in the past and require no further actions, not in my mind. That don't get it with me and as an ex-catholic, I ain't keeping quiet on this criminal organization and their likes. I say down with these parasites and their exploitative criminal activities. Theist say "If there's no God, there's no purpose being alive", I say "God/s are a delusion and I got plenty of purpose being alive".

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.