General Skepticism
 Confirming the parallel universes - personal trips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  13:25:54  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
Long time I haven't posted, simply maybe didn't have oustanding issues.
Now, the topic of parallel universes is a hot topic for many sciencitif theories, be it inflation, string or quantum. But leaving aside science for a second, what about the pesons who claim that they personally travelled there?
Here is the book by Trish LeSage "Travelling to Parallel Universes" where she describes here travels:

http://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Parallel-Universes-Trish-LeSage/dp/1475095244/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363018936&sr=1-1&keywords=trish+lesage

and here is her article about how object for parallel universe appear in this universe:

http://www.starseeds.net/profiles/blogs/objects-from-parallel-universes-appearing-in-our-universe

So,what are we to make out of it? Forget about quantum theories,disputes between different interpretations of Quantum Mechanics - does her visits to parallel universes settle it once and for all?
She also claims that she is not alone - there are quite a few other people who travelled to such universes.

On the other hand I am not sure that even Deutsch,Tegmark and others would find her story as support for their theories.

Please, let not discuss in this thread long issues of scientific dispuites between different quantum theories. Lets just discuss her travel(if it IS travel) to parallel universes.

She claims that few days before such travel the temperature of here body was dropping...etc.
Opinions?

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  14:12:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What I find on Trish LeSage is a bunch of New Age hooey. And that's what I make of it.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  16:42:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

What I find on Trish LeSage is a bunch of New Age hooey. And that's what I make of it.

yea.."soul contract"..."energy healing"..."divine intervention"...
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  08:00:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If we disregard science and just fancy traveling between parallel universe, then we're in the realm of "flight of fancy", also known as fiction.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  09:34:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

If we disregard science and just fancy traveling between parallel universe, then we're in the realm of "flight of fancy", also known as fiction.

Not only that.Funny,there is one paranormal researcher, Paul Eno(with his son Ben), who firmly believe in paranormal, and is convinced that most ghosts are actually living beings from the parallel universes. He seems to "know it all", and doesn't hezitate to say "shut ut and listen to me", like here:
http://www.newenglandghosts.com/understand.htm

SHUT UP.

Shut up, listen, and let the "haunted" site teach you. You'll find that the whole planet is "haunted" - that the paranormal is completely normal, that it does NOT abide by human standards nor bow to human science. And you'll find that the paranormal opens the door to many, many worlds -- some like ours, some very alien, many just as physical, but most with very different laws of physics -- and that our whole universe is only a microscopic part of an ineffably vast whole.

Shut up, listen, and forget the seance room, fireside ghost stories, 19th century spiritism and the flat-Earth theory. Unless you're prepared to admit that clothes, cars, trucks, houses, streets and whole villages, and physical characteristics like voices, can be spirits too, you'll notice that ghosts are not what they appear to be.

Shut up, listen, and know that we have deadly enemies and powerful friends throughout the muliverse. Know that you can have profound experiences of love or horror across the boundaries of these worlds.

Shut up, listen, and travel through time.

Shut up, listen, and know a multiverse of other universes.

Shut up -- JOIN UP -- and learn to control whole worlds.

Shut up, listen, and see what life truly is.

Shut up, listen, and know God.

Forget the assumptions and LISTEN, and this is what the paranormal can do for you and for all of us -- or to you and to us.

Why is this so important? Because understanding the paranormal and, through it, the multiverse we live in, has implications for EVERYTHING we believe about God, ourselves, our science, our world, our relationships with others, and our destinies.

Because even WE are not what we appear to be.

That's why I always say, "Explaining the paranormal is not the problem. It's handling the explanations.

Welcome to the first day of school
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  10:24:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SHUT UP.

Shut up, listen, and let the "haunted" site teach you. You'll find that the whole planet is "haunted" - that the paranormal is completely normal, that it does NOT abide by human standards nor bow to human science. And you'll find that the paranormal opens the door to many, many worlds -- some like ours, some very alien, many just as physical, but most with very different laws of physics -- and that our whole universe is only a microscopic part of an ineffably vast whole.

Shut up, listen, and forget the seance room, fireside ghost stories, 19th century spiritism and the flat-Earth theory. Unless you're prepared to admit that clothes, cars, trucks, houses, streets and whole villages, and physical characteristics like voices, can be spirits too, you'll notice that ghosts are not what they appear to be.

Shut up, listen, and know that we have deadly enemies and powerful friends throughout the muliverse. Know that you can have profound experiences of love or horror across the boundaries of these worlds.

Forget the assumptions and LISTEN, and this is what the paranormal can do for you and for all of us -- or to you and to us.

Why is this so important? Because understanding the paranormal and, through it, the multiverse we live in, has implications for EVERYTHING we believe about God, ourselves, our science, our world, our relationships with others, and our destinies.

That's why I always say, "Explaining the paranormal is not the problem. It's handling the explanations.

I don't normally drink beer and hit people but when I do, I drink Dos Equis and punch the person who wrote this.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Edited by - BigPapaSmurf on 03/13/2013 10:25:42
Go to Top of Page

Alexander1304
Skeptic Friend

75 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  10:35:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Alexander1304 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

SHUT UP.

I don't normally drink beer and hit people but when I do, I drink Dos Equis and punch the person who wrote this.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  13:59:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what kind of "confirming" could there actually be? The topic seems no different than a victim's "Alien Abduction" claim. Their both limited to making a claim and nothing else but gobbly gook.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

Siberia
SFN Addict

Brazil
2322 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  15:42:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Siberia's Homepage  Send Siberia an AOL message  Send Siberia a Yahoo! Message Send Siberia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone who tells me to shut up in that tone will get run over by a speedy wheelchair.

"Why are you afraid of something you're not even sure exists?"
- The Kovenant, Via Negativa

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs."
-- unknown
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  13:47:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
--Christopher Hitchens
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.