New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  16:31:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This scene is from the movie "Guy's and Doll's" and the lead actor/singer Frank Sinatra, at one point got engaged to Adelaide. "Where This Is", the South Australia's Capital City on the south west coast.

Edit: to add some detail.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Edited by - sailingsoul on 10/05/2013 16:58:04
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  02:01:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

This scene is from the movie "Guy's and Doll's" and the lead actor/singer Frank Sinatra, at one point got engaged to Adelaide. "Where This Is", the South Australia's Capital City on the south west coast.

Nice try, ss! Wrong. I mean, it's possible and you did make a tenuous connection to a city, but even I try not to the that indirect.

Hint: Think of who you see, not who's out of sight.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  06:57:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Nice try, ss! Wrong. I mean, it's possible and you did make a tenuous connection to a city, but even I try not to the that indirect.

Actually my very first reply from just looking at the photo, which I deleted, was "Sumantra" because I didn't notice you specifically said "Here's another city:" and that is not a city by definition. It's an Island. I got to work today so I won't get to this until way later if it's still going. Like you said nice try. I did think your were being most diabolical if it was Adelaide. Later.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  10:27:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Actually my very first reply from just looking at the photo, which I deleted, was "Sumantra" because I didn't notice you specifically said "Here's another city:" and that is not a city by definition. It's an Island. I got to work today so I won't get to this until way later if it's still going. Like you said nice try. I did think your were being most diabolical if it was Adelaide. Later.
ss you are right, it is not an island, it is a city. Your knowledge of Guys and Dolls will almost certainly lead you to the correct answer, unless someone else gets it first. So I hesitate to give another clue.

Even so, Hint: It is right there. In front of you. You are going to kick yourself.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/06/2013 10:40:44
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  12:02:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Detroit!

Edited to add: I can't believe it took me this long to remember Nathan Detroit!
Edited by - Boron10 on 10/06/2013 12:03:50
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  19:54:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Boron10

Detroit!

Correct, Boron! And here is a beautifully funny little clip which will never let you, ss, or anybody else forget.

(I especially love the Damon Runyon dialog in "Guys and Dolls." Every two-bit hoodlum speaks in a stylized formalistic manner, always in present tense and never with contractions. "I'm not going too do that" becomes "That I cannot do.")

Edited by - HalfMooner on 10/06/2013 20:07:24
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  06:14:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Originally posted by Boron10

Detroit!

Correct, Boron! And here is a beautifully funny little clip which will never let you, ss, or anybody else forget.

(I especially love the Damon Runyon dialog in "Guys and Dolls." Every two-bit hoodlum speaks in a stylized formalistic manner, always in present tense and never with contractions. "I'm not going too do that" becomes "That I cannot do.")

I am assuming some of the risk. Is it not right that I assume some of the dough?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  07:33:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, if you'd used this image from a film, I probably could have gotten that last one.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  12:11:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

See, if you'd used this image from a film, I probably could have gotten that last one.
Aw, too bad!

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2013 :  17:22:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For what it's worth, I highly doubt I would have got that one. With the 1 clue given, after the initial start. Certainly not before someone else got it.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  03:15:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

For what it's worth, I highly doubt I would have got that one. With the 1 clue given, after the initial start. Certainly not before someone else got it.
And as for me, I make this kind of stuff up much more easily than I solve it.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  03:18:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now try this city:

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  04:22:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Khartoum, Republic of Sudan.

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  05:24:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Khartoum, Republic of Sudan.
Correct, and most excellent! Car Tomb it is.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  05:47:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then, which city is this?:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.