Markuze has been sentenced again.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2014 :  17:23:37  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Tim Farley's blog:

Dennis Markuze, 43, a man who often uses the alias David Mabus when he makes threats, appeared before Quebec Court Judge Jean-Claude Boyer at the Montreal courthouse on Thursday where he entered a plea to three charges in all, including a breach of his probation.

The breach of probation charge was from his first guilty plea on May 22, 2012 and was what led us to campaign for his arrest the second time back in November 2012. As my earlier blog post explained, the authorities were not supervising Markuze, and seemed unaware that he had resumed posting online in violation of his plea agreement.

Dennis Markuze (aka “David Mabus”) pleads guilty for the second time

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  00:29:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apart from some scattered spam it's been fairly quiet from Markuze.
I've had some more postings from him over at Skepticality.com where I actually managed to engage him in something that could be considered semi-conversation. A personal response to something I wrote, which I considered a huge step forward. Unfortunately he quickly reverted to his original self that we know too well. But not before slipping up and dropping some abuse from a Montreal IP-address.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  07:38:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Apart from some scattered spam it's been fairly quiet from Markuze.
I've had some more postings from him over at Skepticality.com where I actually managed to engage him in something that could be considered semi-conversation. A personal response to something I wrote, which I considered a huge step forward. Unfortunately he quickly reverted to his original self that we know too well. But not before slipping up and dropping some abuse from a Montreal IP-address.

It's been quiet here of late too. I guess the shit has hit the fan for him. And no doubt Tim Farley used the IP information that you gave him.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2014 :  10:09:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He appeared to post recently on the SkepTalk Google Group.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/skeptalk/bh9hMfi5SQw
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2014 :  00:42:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

He appeared to post recently on the SkepTalk Google Group.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/skeptalk/bh9hMfi5SQw

I can't view that page...

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2014 :  00:45:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyway, Markuze apparently pleaded guilty, however, he won't get sentenced until November(?). The court wanted to have his mental state evaluated in order to make sure Markuze goes to the place where he belong.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  22:23:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And he's back in court again, agreeing to the summary of the charges against him when he's in front of the judge, buuuuuuuut...
Outside the courtroom he tells a different story. He disputes most of the details contained in the summary, especially the quote about the World Trade Center. And since pleading guilty in May he has insisted, twice, to a Montreal Gazette reporter that his rights, as outlined in Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms, were violated by the court order to abstain from posting on social networks. During a break in his most recent hearing in November, Markuze handed a Montreal Gazette reporter a document, which he referred to as an affidavit that, he said, tells his side of the story.

“The charges laid on me are based on hearsay and conjecture. I am being charged for my controversial ideas, not for any offence,” Markuze wrote. “The condition to not debate on forums is a direct violation of my fundamental human rights. This condition must be removed. I’m a writer who engages in debate with the power of words, not force of arms.”
He really should get a decent lawyer, 'cause he isn't one.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  22:38:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sentencing has been postponed again while a psychiatrist evaluates him, to June 3rd.

Tim Farley explains:

More twists and turns in the saga of David Mabus

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  07:12:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Sentencing has been postponed again while a psychiatrist evaluates him,

Just one?

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  13:05:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

Originally posted by Kil

Sentencing has been postponed again while a psychiatrist evaluates him,

Just one?

They can't afford one for every three voices in his head.

I do hope they find meds that help him soon.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2015 :  08:36:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Sentencing has been postponed again while a psychiatrist evaluates him...
No, not while a psychiatrist evaluates him, but because a psychiatrist wants to testify in the case. Presumably this psychiatrist has already evaluated him. Farley says:
This is actually good news, I suppose. Many of the preceding court proceedings seemed to gloss over the possibility that a mental disorder might be playing a major role in Markuze’s behavior. It will be good for the judge to hear some direct testimony on this issue.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2015 :  12:10:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Originally posted by Kil

Sentencing has been postponed again while a psychiatrist evaluates him...
No, not while a psychiatrist evaluates him, but because a psychiatrist wants to testify in the case. Presumably this psychiatrist has already evaluated him. Farley says:
This is actually good news, I suppose. Many of the preceding court proceedings seemed to gloss over the possibility that a mental disorder might be playing a major role in Markuze’s behavior. It will be good for the judge to hear some direct testimony on this issue.

Yes indeed. Thanks for the correction.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  09:05:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man who made threats over social networks ordered to follow treatment with psychiatrist:
A St-Laurent man with mental health problems who admitted he has threatened several people over the Internet because he disagreed with their atheistic opinions has received a sentence that requires him to follow psychiatric treatment for three years.

Dennis Markuze’s inability to control his impulses was evident during a sentence hearing at the Montreal courthouse on Wednesday. While the psychiatrist was testifying for the defence, Markuze could be heard laughing at what his doctor said and uttered the word “bulls–t” at least once.

“I know he’s going to be upset at some of the stuff I’ve said in court today,” said Trent Semeniuk, a psychiatrist at the Jewish General Hospital who has been treating Markuze since 2013, or shortly after his second arrest since 2011 for harassing people through social networks and uttering threats. Semeniuk told Quebec Court Judge Jean-Pierre Boyer he believes Markuze suffers from a delusional disorder and “his beliefs are not grounded in reality.” He said Markuze’s problems date back to childhood and that he had been an outpatient at the Jewish General for a decade before 2013...
H/T Kylie Sturgess

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  09:42:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beat me to it Dave.

My guess... He'll be back.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  17:58:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Beat me to it Dave.
When I think back to how much time I wasted refreshing blogs before I learned to use a feed reader...

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.