Refilling and Replicating Homeopathy at Home
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2014 :  19:45:10  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ended up on a homeopathy mailing list and decided to visit their forum. I posted the following question. It's my first so it's awaiting moderation. I suspect they will not approve...

What are the reasons, if any, that people should not refill or replicate their homeopathic remedies at home using the simple procedures listed at http://buy-once.com? I communicated with a homeopath from India about it and he did not approve, but all he could contest was that homeopathy requires a "pharmaceutical process". Not a satisfying answer, in my humble opinion.

The website has snark but the question is valid, and it has already influenced people's decision regarding homeopathy (I noticed on Reddit), so it's best to address this question, no? Thanks.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2014 :  21:50:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice. Get a screenshot of the reply if there is one.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2014 :  10:21:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been posted and there is a reply.

http://forum.hpathy.com/forum/homeopathic-discussion/refilling-and-replicating-homeopathy-at-home/

Dear Torsten Piehl from buy-once.com,

the procedure given at buy-once.com simply is wrong. If you compare this procedure with the one stipulated in the Organon of Medicine, the true reference, then you see what is wrong (almost everything). The procedure also misses remedies in globules.

The article also does not mention the different procedures in the preparation of X-, C- and Q-potencies. Maybe one should mention that water-solution of homeopathic remedies also need to contain alcohol in order to preserve the remedy (Hahnemann also suggested a piece of charcoal (activated carbon).

The process advised also changed the potency of the remedy.

Further, it should be mentioned that in the process of preparing homeopathic remedies hygiene and avoidance of pollution is a necessity to maintain the quality and efficacy of a medicine.

By the way, if homeopathy is practiced properly, such a vial will easily last for a lifetime. If one needs to take the medicine regularly, then there is something wrong with the applied method.

By the way, why do naysayers need to prove you wrong in a double-blind test? Where is yours proving that the remedy obtained is even "better than new"?

By the way, the disclaimer down your webside is really funny. I think that your advice is meant for entertainment as well ;-)

Sincerely yours,
Siegfried

Since homeopathy is based on faux knowledge and is akin to witchcraft, my method of refilling and replicating remedies is as effective as any other placebo.

Edited by - ThorGoLucky on 11/17/2014 10:57:49
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2014 :  06:30:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

It has been posted and there is a reply.

http://forum.hpathy.com/forum/homeopathic-discussion/refilling-and-replicating-homeopathy-at-home/

Dear Torsten Piehl from buy-once.com,

the procedure given at buy-once.com simply is wrong. If you compare this procedure with the one stipulated in the Organon of Medicine, the true reference, then you see what is wrong (almost everything). The procedure also misses remedies in globules.

The article also does not mention the different procedures in the preparation of X-, C- and Q-potencies. Maybe one should mention that water-solution of homeopathic remedies also need to contain alcohol in order to preserve the remedy (Hahnemann also suggested a piece of charcoal (activated carbon).

The process advised also changed the potency of the remedy.

Further, it should be mentioned that in the process of preparing homeopathic remedies hygiene and avoidance of pollution is a necessity to maintain the quality and efficacy of a medicine.

By the way, if homeopathy is practiced properly, such a vial will easily last for a lifetime. If one needs to take the medicine regularly, then there is something wrong with the applied method.

By the way, why do naysayers need to prove you wrong in a double-blind test? Where is yours proving that the remedy obtained is even "better than new"?

By the way, the disclaimer down your webside is really funny. I think that your advice is meant for entertainment as well ;-)

Sincerely yours,
Siegfried

Since homeopathy is based on faux knowledge and is akin to witchcraft, my method of refilling and replicating remedies is as effective as any other placebo.

Siegfried has a budding career in politics.

I love the "hey, I'm on your side" tone while he offers to help you mock "naysayers".

Homeopathy is based on "divinely revealed truth" aka "pulled out of his ass".

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2014 :  10:21:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

He's totally missing the point.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.