Pseudoscience
 Faith Healing vs. Natural Spiritual Healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emilynghiem

USA
1 Post

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  10:53:04  Show Profile  Visit emilynghiem's Homepage Send emilynghiem a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi SFN

I got banned off a site in the middle of trying to explain the difference between fraudulent DANGEROUS abuses by false "faith healers" that deny medicine (or the religious fanatics killing their children or other people to get rid of demons) versus the natural voluntary spiritual healing that is based on forgiveness therapy, and can take either secular forms or also includes Christian healing prayer for deliverance and removal of demonic or occult influences.

Is there a website that already EXPLAINS these are NOT the same thing?
In fact the Christian deliverance IS used as the CURE for the other type of abusive ritual and cult practices.

I have run into this before, where the minute I bring up "spiritual healing" people start ATTACKING me as promoting the fraudulent abuses.

WT???

Can anyone help, or do I need to start my own blog explaining this
so I am not harassed, called names, and banned as a troll or whatever.

I was proposing to set up scientific studies of the CORRECT forms of this therapy, as Scott Peck described in his books "Glimpses of the Devil" when he first discovered that deliverance of demons was real.
He couldn't prove the spiritual process that was going on, but what he saw demonstrated that the SYMPTOMS and stages from sickness to cure could be measured and quantified scientifically like any other form of treating a disease that followed predictable patterns.

Only one person on that other site seemed to understand what I was trying to study and quantify, so this could stay Scientifically measurable and not go off on religious or spiritual debates on what is spiritual etc. that is NOT necessary to prove these treatments work to get rid of demonic delusions or voices in schizophrenic patients, as Dr. Peck was able to accomplish when medications couldn't cure it.

I would like to organize medical research by traditional scientific methods and standards
WITHOUT BEING BANNED from sites for even bringing up the issues!

Thanks, I found out about this site after searching for other people who got banned off that atheistforums dot com site, which claims to be for freethinkers, but I think not -- I emailed the original founder of infidel guy projects and complained to him about that site, which he sold to other people that need a better moderator in charge than the one who banned me over things I was trying to correct. Not a sock, not a troll. I use my real name and this is the way I really write. sorry!

Yours truly and thanks for letting me vent and post.

Emily Nghiem

Thomas Jefferson: "If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."

Emily Nghiem: "No worries. That's not where the parties are heading!"

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  06:53:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Because spiritual healing is just a different kind of faith healing.

Faith healing assumes that the practioner can remove a physical condition by "laying on hands".

Spiritual healing assumes that demonic possession occurs and is the cause for various psychological issues.

They are both dangerous. Faith healing to a greater extent.

You have made the claim that Christian (as opposed to Jewish or Islamic) "deliverance" is a cure for the psychological phenomenon used in cults (when non-religious psychology is actually more effective that Christian prayer for these issues).

As this is a skeptic discussion board where we challenge beliefs and request evidence and proof of your assertions (which you might interpret as an "attack" on your religion), you may be better off stating your own blog. It does appear from your writing that you expect to have whatever you say about this to be unchallenged.

You won't be banned from here for bringing up a subject.

You will if you are abusive, post and run, or continually refuse to debate what you assert.

The group of folks here are also accepting of religious people who don't push religion on them.

I am a Wiccan. Many here are atheists.

Welcome to the board.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.