Conspiracy Theories
 Why Conspiracy Theories?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr Q

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2015 :  12:39:06  Show Profile Send Mr Q a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After breaking the activity down to its roots, I believe it has to do with government/military diversionary tactics - like when the U.S. government/military activity at the infamous Area 51 is leading the general public to believe that there IS UFO goings on (by denying it) when in reality they are using this tactic to hide what really is going on there - top secret defense projects. And at what cost to the taxpayers? A high enough one to keep that secret too! When it comes to keeping ahead of your enemies, money is not a concern - as long as its not yours (government).

So what do you think about this simple answer to the UFO coverup conspiracy going on in Area 51? My ears/eyes are open

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  06:40:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Mr Q

After breaking the activity down to its roots, I believe it has to do with government/military diversionary tactics - like when the U.S. government/military activity at the infamous Area 51 is leading the general public to believe that there IS UFO goings on (by denying it) when in reality they are using this tactic to hide what really is going on there - top secret defense projects. And at what cost to the taxpayers? A high enough one to keep that secret too! When it comes to keeping ahead of your enemies, money is not a concern - as long as its not yours (government).

So what do you think about this simple answer to the UFO coverup conspiracy going on in Area 51? My ears/eyes are open

Lockheed Skunkworks was based out of Groom's Lake (Area 51) and they developed several top secret (in some cases the actual performance data for the aircraft is still classified) aircraft.

All the government had to do was to tell the truth. They did not have any extra-terrestrial craft (all the ones we had were terrestrial in nature.).

In addition to development of new aircraft (like the Blackbird and Nighthawk), the US also used Area 51 to performance test captured Soviet aircraft (when their pilots defected and flew them to us).

Cost to the taxpayers was for the development of new aircraft that would be able to defeat aircraft of potential opposition. A mere pittance of the military budget which is mostly for personnel, upkeep of current vehicles, training, room and board, and building maintenance. Operations take up another large portion of the budget.

A couple of billion for development is a drop in the bucket to a budget of $495.6 billion.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Mr Q

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  07:34:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mr Q a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But why don't they come out and tell the suspicious public that the main purpose of the area is for new aircraft technology testing? There are several other "areas" that are doing the same or similar work but with almost no publicity.

This is why I think the government/military is taking advantage of the public's suspicious nature and in doing so has given the public the idea that something (other than its true purpose) mysterious (aliens, etc.) is going on at the site(s). This is where I get the "diversion of attention" theory - let the public think what they want, as long as their attention is NOT on what is really going on at these sites.

No, no UFOs are at Area 51 as the public believes, just secret testing/development of new technology aircraft. If one thinks about it, they will see similar "mystery" bases in England, Russia and Germany (in WW II). Even at these foreign facilities the same "cover up" is going on so as not to go public with the real reason(s) of what these facilities are actually doing.

As for the "saucer" history, I believe the idea was first developed in WW II) Germany as a way to make an aircraft's radar reflection nearly zero. We were doing the same here and these experimental a/c is probably what K. Arnold saw that got the whole saucer thing going.
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  09:49:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But why don't they come out and tell the suspicious public that the main purpose of the area is for new aircraft technology testing? There are several other "areas" that are doing the same or similar work but with almost no publicity.

So that they don't have to deal with espionage focused one place. Groom's Lake was established as a testbed during the second world war. When the Cold war started in earnest, they didn't want to put a giant sign out "Soviet and other spies, look here". By keeping it a secret and that which happens on other bases, the espionage apparatus was spread out and could possibly be detected. It is part of operational security.

This is why I think the government/military is taking advantage of the public's suspicious nature and in doing so has given the public the idea that something (other than its true purpose) mysterious (aliens, etc.) is going on at the site(s). This is where I get the "diversion of attention" theory - let the public think what they want, as long as their attention is NOT on what is really going on at these sites.

Nope. People make up stuff about everything. 9/11 was an inside job (despite complete transparency), the government is putting little dots on the backs of road signs to show internment camps should social order break down, Illuminati run the government (despite being wiped out in the 1780's.). The government doesn't talk about stuff because they don't want to do the spies job for them.

Also, operational security. That is something every government does. Freedom of speech is what calls it to attention in the US.

No, no UFOs are at Area 51 as the public believes, just secret testing/development of new technology aircraft. If one thinks about it, they will see similar "mystery" bases in England, Russia and Germany (in WW II). Even at these foreign facilities the same "cover up" is going on so as not to go public with the real reason(s) of what these facilities are actually doing.

As for the "saucer" history, I believe the idea was first developed in WW II) Germany as a way to make an aircraft's radar reflection nearly zero. We were doing the same here and these experimental a/c is probably what K. Arnold saw that got the whole saucer thing going.

Not German. American. (See the Chance-Vought Flying Flapjack) Germans were experimenting with a lot of different technologies. Hitler ensured it went nowhere because he commanded that from inception to battlefield be no more than 6 months. That is why jet aircraft (maiden flight 1939) did not join the Luftwaffe until 1945 and not in numbers enough to make a difference.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  15:03:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

No, no UFOs are at Area 51 as the public believes...
Does "the public" really believe that? Where's the polling data?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Q

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2015 :  01:36:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mr Q a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I constantly hear on all the radio media programs and on TV shows, I think so. After all, these programs (though full of mis-information)appear to be reinforcing what the public wants to hear/believe. Poles, like graphs and other proving statistics can easily be twisted to suit the originator's goals. That's why I cited the radio and TV media as the "poll" - what the general public appears to believe.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2015 :  17:29:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

From what I constantly hear on all the radio media programs and on TV shows, I think so.
You're going to have to define "constantly" for me. Even on Fox News, I couldn't find anything that positively suggested that there are UFOs at Area 51 for the last seven months or so.

I did find Bill O'Reilly laughing at the idea that the US still has a UFO that crashed at Roswell, and several mentions of "Area 51" as a metaphor for ultimate secrecy. But if "ALL the radio media programs and on TV shows" "CONSTANTLY" reinforce the belief that UFOs are at Area 51, then Fox News clearly isn't taking part in it (an odd point in their favor, I suppose).
Poles, like graphs and other proving statistics can easily be twisted to suit the originator's goals.
Well, so much for science, then.
That's why I cited the radio and TV media as the "poll" - what the general public appears to believe.
No, it's your apparently biased idea about what the general public appears to believe. I don't know what radio and TV shows you're consuming, but you should probably stop.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Q

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  00:33:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mr Q a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On radio, the infamous Coast to Coast shows are ripe with UFOs at area 51 and on TV, both History channels appear to be fixated on anything that is not known for fact concerning history, the aliens are the cause for thousands of years. Because some of these shows seem to have some truth to them, I check the channels out for something historical other than aliens and UFOs.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2015 :  15:17:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

On radio, the infamous Coast to Coast shows are ripe with UFOs at area 51 and on TV, both History channels appear to be fixated on anything that is not known for fact concerning history, the aliens are the cause for thousands of years. Because some of these shows seem to have some truth to them, I check the channels out for something historical other than aliens and UFOs.

Mystery mongering entertainment like Coast to Coast and the History Channel* is not credible evidence.

*"The History Channel: where history is history!" --Southpark
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  19:29:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

But you said (with my emphasis):
From what I constantly hear on all the radio media programs and on TV shows, I think so.
A reasonable person might think that "all" extends to, say, the local channel 4 evening news, All Things Considered and 60 Minutes, not just pandering-to-the-audience crankfests like the "History" Channel and Coast to Coast, and that "constantly" means, well, constantly.

The media outlets you used as examples are targeted to specific demographics, and certainly not "the general public."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Mr Q

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  10:27:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Mr Q a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So nobody (so far) agrees with my idea of a diversionary tactic by the government/military to divert the public's attention away from top secret aircraft development/testing with the suspicious activity that some of the general public believes is mainly an alien research base? Though I sometimes hear radio talk shows and TV mention this possibility, most times these shows seem to concentrate on the "aliens among us" theme as an easy way out of the mystery.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2015 :  10:43:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So nobody (so far) agrees with my idea of a diversionary tactic by the government/military to divert the public's attention away from top secret aircraft development/testing with the suspicious activity that some of the general public believes is mainly an alien research base?
So, you think attracting more eyeballs to the site of secret aircraft testing would be a good idea? Really: the government fences off a huge tract of land, puts guards around it on 60-second response, buses in the workers, and you think a story about alien research is going to keep people away from the site?

Of course, foreign governments trying to improve their own military technology and/or disable ours aren't going to be fooled by the alien cover story. And of course, those foreign governments are also not going to send people to spy from beyond the fences - they're going to recruit/bribe/extort people who work inside to give up their info. And anyone who thinks about it for two seconds is going to reach that same conclusion. So the diversion must only be for the stupid, the ignorant and/or the true believers, in which case it's going to backfire completely and draw them in like flies to poop.

A better diversion would be to claim that the UFO research is going on in, say, Alaska. Hard to get to and an often hostile environment, and (more importantly) a thousand miles from where the secret planes are being built and flown. A diversion should be... you know... distracting.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.