Social Issues
 New Pope, Nothing New.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2015 :  21:32:15  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have heard personally other people comment about how "refreshing" the now (not so) new a Pope is. Of course I pointed out how with every "refreshing" new announcement which receives full press coverage, how two and three days later other Bishops in the Vatican have to quietly clarify what he really meant to convey. Which shows the change is no change at all.

During the Popes recent visit to the US His spokes people refused to deny or confirm him visiting with Ms. Davis of the Kentucky marriage banning fame.

The pope played us for fools, trying to have it both ways. As I noted last week, he's an artful politician, telling different audiences what they want to hear on homosexuality. He did that in Argentina as a cardinal -- railing against gay marriage when the Vatican expected him to do so -- and he's done that since becoming pope, striking a softer tone on the issue after Benedict's harsh denunciations were a p.r. disaster for the Catholic Church in the West. But this news about Kim Davis portrays him as a more sinister kind of politician. That's the kind that secretly supports hate, ushering the bigots in the back door -- knowing they're an embarrassment -- while speaking publicly about how none of us can judge one another.

While saying publically we should not judge each other, in private he supports those that do. Color me NOT Surprised.

Also from the same article,,,
He shows himself to be antithetical to much of what he preaches and teaches. He talks about dialogue and having the courage of one's convictions and the courage to speak out. But he swept this Davis meeting under the rug, seemingly ashamed and certainly not wanting to broach the subject. Even Davis's supporters should find that insulting to them.

A sentiment I agree with. If one can't publically proclaim and stand behind their beliefs, the only thing it says is that you are embarrassed to publically do so. Which should speak loudly about whether you should hold those beliefs. What word could possibly describe someone who's actions are such as this?

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.