Richard Dawkins Foundation Merging with CFI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  11:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An Important Announcement from CFI President Ronald A. Lindsay

As you might recall, last year I announced that I would be stepping down as president and CEO of the Center for Inquiry, to make way for new leadership in 2016. I said then that I wanted to give the CFI board of directors ample time to find a highly qualified new chief executive. Consistent with my hopes and expectations, the board has found a talented, experienced leader for CFI.

What I could not have expected, but I am delighted to share with you now, is that in finding a wonderful new CEO, CFI has also made an unprecedented move to become stronger and more effective than ever.

I am delighted to tell you today that the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science has agreed to merge with the Center for Inquiry and that their executive director, Robyn Blumner, will be the new CEO of the combined organizations, which will work under the name of the Center for Inquiry.

F.A.Q: The CFI/Dawkins Foundation Merger

My thoughts? The CFI drifts further from its original mission. But then, nothing in the world of organized skepticism is what it was, even a few short years ago, which is one reason why aside from SFN, my home, I go my own way.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2016 :  19:17:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  07:05:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So now Rebecca Watson knows for sure that she'll never be invited to a CFI event ever again.

And Ophelia Benson is not optimistic:
I don’t look forward to Dawkins’s adding his voice to CFI’s focus on promoting secular humanism, because I think he’s seriously and damagingly bad at the humanist part. To be specific, I think he’s way too quick to display his contempt for people who get things wrong, and all too often for people who simply say things he dislikes – especially feminists. I think that’s a bad look for CFI.
The fact that Dawkins is on the board, and not CEO or president, may limit the damage he can do to the organization. Maybe.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  19:54:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Surly Amy thinks this is skepticism's inner circle getting smaller, thus more exclusive and assholish.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26021 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2016 :  20:27:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PZ Myers points to some of the soon-to-be-CEO's writings, and is troubled.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2016 :  15:28:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aron Ra interviews Robyn Blumner on this union and other matters.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.