Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  10:31:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I booked Thursday night through Saturday night. I paid a little extra for their "Royal View".

My flight arrives nigh 1pm Thursday, and I depart nigh 1pm Sunday. There's no hotel shuttle but taxis should be relatively cheap because Excalibur is right next to the airport.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2016 :  13:11:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

Yes, I booked Thursday night through Saturday night. I paid a little extra for their "Royal View".

My flight arrives nigh 1pm Thursday, and I depart nigh 1pm Sunday. There's no hotel shuttle but taxis should be relatively cheap because Excalibur is right next to the airport.
I'll probably book my Sunday flight later, because the paper presentations and CSICON itself ends at noon. No biggie. I'll shoot for 4 or 5PM on Sunday.

As I understand it, The Excalibur is very close to the airport. A cab should work. I often share a cab from the airport to the venue. I just need to find someone coming in at the same time.

Just another thing The SouthPoint was better about. Free shuttles. But the worst I've been dinged is about 20 dollars going from the strip to the airport. Again, it's close.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2016 :  02:40:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please accept a token appreciation for representing Skeptic Friends Network at CSICON Los Vegas.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  14:31:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The full schedule has become available:

http://www.csiconference.org/#schedule
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  20:43:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really should make a new page (sorry, Kil), but here is the old donation page for people who don't want to hunt around.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  08:19:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I really should make a new page (sorry, Kil), but here is the old donation page for people who don't want to hunt around.
Thanks Dave! Timely! It's funny, or not so much so, that two stays in the hospital have knocked me back. So contributions are more than welcome. Between you and Mab I either have my room covered or my food. Maybe some of both. Unlike TAM there are no meals that come with the registration, but the registration is less. Grants are a thing of the past and until last year, my registration was paid for.

I have purchased my plane tickets and registration. I'm going in with ThorGoLucky on the room, which saves both of us on the cost of going.

Anyhow, Thanks again!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  08:26:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Please accept a token appreciation for representing Skeptic Friends Network at CSICON Los Vegas.
Thanks Mab! I must have missed this but I'm pretty sure I thanked you elsewhere. If I didn't, please accept my apology.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  18:25:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thank you for posting that, Dave. Now to make it worth your while. I'll put it to use.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  19:00:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want to attend this but I'm scared it wont be as rapey as TAM?

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  20:29:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Thank you for posting that, Dave. Now to make it worth your while. I'll put it to use.
Thanks SS!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2016 :  21:42:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Thanks SS!!
Your very welcome, Kil. It's from money I saved not giving to some child raping priest. My God money! Enjoy.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1487 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2016 :  08:05:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will be interesting to see if Jamie Ian Swiss talks to George Hrab about being named as "religious moron of the week" some weeks ago regarding John Horgan.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  02:59:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil
So contributions are more than welcome. Between you and Mab I either have my room covered or my food.

Now, you should have both...

Enjoy!

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  07:27:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by Kil
So contributions are more than welcome. Between you and Mab I either have my room covered or my food.

Now, you should have both...

Enjoy!
Thank you, Mab!!

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  10:48:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. I'll be leaving for CSICON on Thursday morning. I'll take my macbook, and I hope that I can get a good connection in the room for updates, which I'll use this thread for. I'm not a volunteer this year, which means I just might have more time to do posts. We'll see.

I suspect that I'll miss the TAM thing of attendees eating together for two meals a day as part of the registration package. That was a great way to meet new people and generally socialize over breakfast and lunch. Not that there won't be a lot of socializing, and catching up with friends, but the convenience factor is down. Susan Gerbic, one of the organizers and a friend, says she's trying to arrange for a hangout. (A bar with lots of tables.)

Thor and I will make up the full SFN contingency. I'm kinda sorry I didn't buy a new SFN shirt for the occasion. The old one is tattered and I don't think it's up for another trip. Well Maybe. I just looked at it and it's really no worse than it was last year, counting the bleach stains. I guess I'll take it.

I'm really really hoping my lyft app works. I just downloaded it to my phone last night and have never used it. I'll be scrambling for a cab if anything goes wrong. My sister talked me into getting it and using it over one of the shuttle services. I'll leave my house early, just to make sure. Wish I had a ride to the airport, but this year I don't. Oh well.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.