Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 General Discussion
 Too many Bigfoot Shows. Where does it end ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  18:02:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Originally posted by sailingsoul

Anyone see a pattern here with this first post and other first posts from new members?

Well, the formatting is unusually cruel to us. To me, at least.

Gee, ya think? Funny reply! However it's not what I was asking about. I was asking about this, "and other first posts from new members" lately.

What I've been noticing and was asking about was is it courious that Skeptic girl 00 has yet to actually join the conversation on a topic she desired to discuss enough to go out of her way to join and then start? Am I the only one who sees, you know because I prefer reading with my eye's open, a recent repetition of "new mewmber's" starting OP's yet failing to join the conversation or interact with those who take the time to reply. Not that it's polite to hijack a thread, it didn't seem Skeptic girl 00 would mind, after not bothering to reply even once to all those who have replied to "her".

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  18:07:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this board has been on life support for a decade but it's pretty sad when new users and topics are immediately under suspicion.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2016 :  08:01:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What I've been noticing and was asking about was is it courious that Skeptic girl 00 has yet to actually join the conversation on a topic she desired to discuss enough to go out of her way to join and then start? Am I the only one who sees, you know because I prefer reading with my eye's open, a recent repetition of "new mewmber's" starting OP's yet failing to join the conversation or interact with those who take the time to reply. Not that it's polite to hijack a thread, it didn't seem Skeptic girl 00 would mind, after not bothering to reply even once to all those who have replied to "her".

We have always had hit and runs. We become concerned when the posts are spam. Some early posts are a set up for spam, but we leave them to make sure. Once spam happens, we deal with it.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2016 :  08:04:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

this board has been on life support for a decade but it's pretty sad when new users and topics are immediately under suspicion.

A decade?

And yes. Social media has taken its toll on us. Things change.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2016 :  12:28:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still, Snitz forum is much more conductive to written debate and such, compared to facebook. And... we can format our text to give it more emphasis.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2016 :  16:46:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Still, Snitz forum is much more conductive to written debate and such, compared to facebook. And... we can format our text to give it more emphasis.
Right.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2016 :  17:26:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oooh I put Skeptic girl 00 "immediately under suspicion"[/i][/b]

Ummm, I happen to notice the topic had gone a full page, with 15 replies not responded to before I asked a question about that and how it seems to be have occurred with other first time posters of late. You haven't noticed? I presume not.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2016 :  17:41:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Hits and runs are one thinng
We have always had hit and runs. We become concerned when the posts are spam. Some early posts are a set up for spam, but we leave them to make sure. Once spam happens, we deal with it.

Hit and runs or spam are different two things. I'm questioning if this is something else which seems to be occurring over again. evident with outher first time members. Which is appears evident evident to me. If nobody has picked up on this or cares not to discuss this, than there is nothing to discuss.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2016 :  19:20:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We can continue discussing it over here, if you'd like.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2016 :  19:13:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah you pretty much did that. It's the kind of paranoid behaviour I expect from gun-nuts.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2016 :  22:14:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yeah you pretty much did that. It's the kind of paranoid behaviour I expect from gun-nuts.
Open your eyes you blind religious-nut, you obviously missed the rest of my comment which explained why the usage of "immediatey" in your comment is another delusion you hold.
Ummm, I happen to notice the topic had gone a full page, with 15 replies not responded to before I asked a question about that and how it seems to be have occurred with other first time posters of late. You haven't noticed? I presume not.
That spells out why I wasn't immediately jumping on anyone. Can you see that now? Open your eyes and stop making shit up because your in the dark.

As far as me being a gun-nut, I don't presently own any guns because I choose not to. That right there disqualifies me as being a gun-nut from any possible defination besides your's. If you didn't rely on making up your own definitions to support your arguments you wouldn't be able to defend your beliefs. Agreeing with Constitution and the Second Amendment does not make anyone a gun-nut which hasn't got a snowball's chance in your delusional hell of being repealed anytime soon.

Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2016 :  23:36:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Open your eyes you blind religious-nut, you obviously missed the rest of my comment which explained why the usage of "immediatey" [sic] in your comment is another delusion you hold.

That spells out why I wasn't immediately jumping on anyone. Can you see that now? Open your eyes and stop making shit up because your[sic] in the dark.

OK so we're ignoring your first post, I guess, where you suggest a pattern with new users? Was that unrelated? If so, please reveal the other pattern you were talking about originally.

As far as me being a gun-nut, I don't presently own any guns because I choose not to. That right there disqualifies me as being a gun-nut from any possible defination [sic] besides your's [sic]. If you didn't rely on making up your own definitions to support your arguments you wouldn't be able to defend your beliefs. Agreeing with Constitution and the Second Amendment does not make anyone a gun-nut which hasn't got a snowball's chance in your delusional hell of being repealed anytime soon.

Your last sentence is a bit confusing, because you seemed to have smashed two competing ideas together in some kind of frenzy/rage... but I think you're suggesting that the 2nd amendment won't be repealed. You're probably right, there are too many gun nuts in America for that to ever happen, unfortunately.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds.