Kevin Trudeau has no more appeals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  11:20:01  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trudeau’s appeals exhausted and lawyers go unpaid

Basically, he's run out of appeals. The US Supreme Court has also refused to hear his case. What money has been recovered is not going to pay his legal fees. It's going to pay his victims.

And then there is this, which kinda blows my mind:

After 18 years, TV fraudster Kevin Trudeau's case is over, 'we hope,' judges rule

Though Trudeau's lawyer, Kimball Anderson, agreed Tuesday that Trudeau "has exhausted his appeals," the judges' fears that Trudeau's frauds will end up back in court are understandable.

On Facebook last week, Trudeau's backers continued to solicit donations to his legal defense fund from his 29,000 followers, promising them they could "DOUBLE YOUR MONEY."

And in a pre-Christmas message presumably relayed through supporters from his cell at the Montgomery, Alabama federal prison camp, Trudeau told his fans he would "share 2 secrets that will give you success in every area of your life."

If they followed his advice, the convicted fraudster, formerly of Oak Brook, wrote, they would "vibrate frequencies that will allow you to create the life you want."

The secrets he promises don't seem to be working for Trudeau. Either that or Trudeau must be enjoying the life he wants, which is also the life he deserves.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  14:19:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"What THEY don't tell you is that YES you too can enjoy a life in prison!"
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  21:30:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good grief. Is there any legal way to stop people from giving him money?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  12:06:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Good grief. Is there any legal way to stop people from giving him money?
I wondered about that too. I don't think there is. But it could be that the money can be thought of as part of the 38 million he owes on contempt charges alone, and taken from him to pay people who were scammed. I mean, they took his house (the one in the US I think) and sold the house and everything in it to pay off his debt. So why not this?

But hey... Trudeau must be aware of whether or not that money can be taken from him. Or this is what is meant by the judge only hoping that the case is over. He might be hauled in over those monies.

I'm not sure there is anything on the books about who or what a person can donate money to, even if it's a known felon. I doubt that there is. First amendment.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.