Glyphosate
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ThorGoLucky
Snuggle Wolf

USA
1486 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  09:36:22  Show Profile  Visit ThorGoLucky's Homepage Send ThorGoLucky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I commented; and as expected, detractors went off into anti-GMO...

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/41260-controversy-questions-surround-california-s-listing-of-weed-killer-as-cancer-cause

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  12:09:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by ThorGoLucky

I commented; and as expected, detractors went off into anti-GMO...

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/41260-controversy-questions-surround-california-s-listing-of-weed-killer-as-cancer-cause

Oh for crying out loud.

Glyphosate And Cancer

Monsanto glyphosate causes cancer – so do apples

Glyphosate causes cancer – IARC lacked evidence

Unfortunately, when the IARC made its decision two years ago, there was one major problem. According to an extensive article by Kate Kelland in Reuters, one of the members of the IARC’s study group looking at glyphosate knew of recently published data that showed no link between the weed killer and cancer. Aaron Blair, an epidemiologist from the US National Cancer Institute, never mentioned this new data to the study group examining whether glyphosate causes cancer. So the IARC made its decision without all of the available evidence.

IARC glyphosate bombshell: Scientist who lead review of herbicide withheld data showing no cancer link

Previously unreported court documents reviewed by Reuters from an ongoing U.S. legal case against Monsanto show that Blair knew the unpublished research found no evidence of a link between glyphosate and cancer. In a sworn deposition given in March [2017] in connection with the case, Blair also said the data would have altered IARC’s analysis. He said it would have made it less likely that glyphosate would meet the agency’s criteria for being classed as “probably carcinogenic.”

But IARC, a semi-autonomous part of the World Health Organization, never got to consider the data….

Since the International Agency for Research on Cancer is key to the reason to push for this bogus listing, the last two links are probably the most relevant.

I could go on. There is plenty out there.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  18:15:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
monsanto is evil.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  20:34:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by On fire for Christ

monsanto is evil.
Do you know why I so rarely respond to you anymore OFFC?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  20:42:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

monsanto is evil.
 Moderation Notice 

Second warning for blatant trolling

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  00:05:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
when was the first warning?

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  05:08:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

when was the first warning?
Over here, if you didn't find it already.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

On fire for Christ
SFN Regular

Norway
1273 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  06:16:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send On fire for Christ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
14+ years and you give me 2 warnings in one week. Have fun talking to yourself after you ban me, Dave.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  09:16:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

14+ years and you give me 2 warnings in one week.
Yup. 14 years is apparently my limit for your bullshit. I find it knee-slappingly funny that you're complaining about me being too quick with the warnings. 14 years.

Have fun talking to yourself after you ban me, Dave.
Will do. No sweat.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  20:03:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

monsanto is evil.

Perhaps you would like to enlighten us with some specifics.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.