Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2019 :  12:44:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Hi Robb!

Welcome back to SFN. It's really good too see you here after so long.

Having never faced your situation, I can only advise honesty. No doubt Dave's links are filled with valuable tips, but honesty will always be the bottom line.

Good luck with that! My guess is that you'll be alright, and so will your family. Even on these boards you were always reasoned within the scope of your beliefs. Fun to chat with.

Thanks Kil. Yep, I know honesty is the best way.

BTW, I have been kicked off many Christian sites over the years as a christian, never from a skeptic or secular site. I realized a lot of Christians don't like an "I don't know" answer or questions they cannot answer. I always respected the skeptic sites for that even if they could be jackasses at times.

Hope you are doing well.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2019 :  18:44:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Robb

I think someone here long ago and maybe you said that the best way for someone to lose their faith is for them to study the bible.
My wife just said that the other night, as something she's said for a long time, so it may have been her.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Robb
SFN Regular

USA
1223 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2019 :  20:39:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Robb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

I think someone here long ago and maybe you said that the best way for someone to lose their faith is for them to study the bible.
My wife just said that the other night, as something she's said for a long time, so it may have been her.
smart woman!

I am still a conservative so you can cure me of that!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - George Washington
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2019 :  22:55:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I am still a conservative so you can cure me of that!
Feel free to start a thread on the public problem of your choice. I'm sure we can explain why the liberal solution is better.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.