BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  18:20:18  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
[Cut-and-paste from KarateForums deleted - Dave W.]

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  18:40:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Past civilizations were around longer than science or our current civilization, and understood more about ki

Please, if you have a point to make, make it.

Also, if you have a chance, please look up the definition of science.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  18:49:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops. In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis.

For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 52,000 B.C. to 36,000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization.

Thoth was an immortal, that is, he had conquered death, passing only when he willed and even then not through death. His vast wisdom made him ruler over the various Atlantean colonies, including the ones in South and Central America.

Ok, this is April Fool's, right?

If not, then in any event, shotgunning links shows nothing but lots of links; the few I opened, er, let us say, far out with no scholarly reference. I repeat Dude's request.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:00:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
Such issues have not been made public throughout known history and kept in secret by few traditions, now in this time the knowledge can be known and made public to a degree
Go to Top of Page

pfretzschner
Skeptic Friend

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:10:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send pfretzschner a Private Message
quote:
Such issues have not been made public throughout known history and kept in secret by few traditions, now in this time the knowledge can be known and made public to a degree

I can only hope that by "this time" you mean today, April 1, April Fool's day.
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:10:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
Age of Aquarius some say
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:17:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kilik

Such issues have not been made public throughout known history...
Simply not true. For example, Redating the Sphinx was first publicly published 11 years ago.
quote:
Age of Aquarius some say
Oh, that. Didn't it end in the late 1970s?

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:22:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
That was the cusp of the next cycle, some have said 58 to 98 was the cusp. But that was found publically, rather than known through lineage and history etc.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:25:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

But that was found publically, rather than known through lineage and history etc.
A semantic game, and rather dull. Either the issue has been openly discussed "in known history" or it hasn't. Turns out, this one has.

Plus, any claim that "this time" is more "right" for these "issues" needs to be supported by evidence that all other times were "wrong."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:41:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
Okay, but I've already been asked to slow down...........
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  19:48:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Okay, but I've already been asked to slow down...........
Yeah, by my boss here on SFN, Kil. I saw that.

So why don't you start with simple, repeatable, unambiguous and rigorous evidence that qi exists? That'll get things off on the right foot.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  20:00:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
CHi is everywhere, every thing expressed and governed according to qi potentials

http://www.69yinyang.com/ICscience/scientists.html

http://www.kheper.net/topics/I_Ching/IChing_and_dna.htm

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_century_science/lectures/lec16.html

http://www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/trigrams/archetypes.htm

I'll look for more on it, as well as pre history and prophecies from unrelated sources

Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  20:17:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kilik:

CHi is everywhere, every thing expressed and governed according to qi potentials

From the above:

quote:
Ever since Leibniz discovered the I Ching and wondered at its profoundness, many western scientists have been covertly studying the principles of the I Ching. Einstein was no exception. Prior to the announcement of the Theory of Relativity, scientists were not able to divide nature into matter and energy and recognize their mutual relationship. It is possible that Einstein may have first recognized the fundamental principles of the I Ching, which states that Yin is constantly changing into Yang and Yang to Yin, prior to his creation of E=mc2. This famous formula describes a situation in which energy constantly changes into matter and matter into energy. In western science there exists innumerable principles in physics, chemistry, biology, etc., that cannot be related to one another. In the I Ching, however, there is a single unified theory that applies to all things in the universe. Einstein attempted to create a unified field theory that ties together the four forces (gravity, electromagnetic force, strong and weak nuclear forces) in his latter years. The unified field theory is identical to the unified theory of the Tai Chi in the I Ching, which Einstein attempted to handle in a more profound manner. Nevertheless, Einstein was not able to achieve his objective.

Are you serious? Do you have any evidence whatsoever that "Einstein may have first recognized the fundamental principles of the I Ching, which states that Yin is constantly changing into Yang and Yang to Yin, prior to his creation of E=mc2"? Or is this just pure speculation?

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

Kilik
BANNED

110 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  20:30:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Kilik a Private Message
SOmeone did. Whether Einstien or those who paved the way, or even possibly those who came after. Even if he didn't know what the I ching is, it is still a profound knowledge. Speculation can be based on criteria and knowledge.

It doesn't really matter who did what. Civilaztion progresses as it is supposed to and human being do not have as much control as they think. If something really needs to be done, someone, no matter what, will do it if they have to. And if someone wants to do something that will change society or interfere in it's future development etc, they won't be able to no matter what
Edited by - Kilik on 04/01/2005 20:31:04
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  20:34:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
Boy, this (crack pot) theory has it all. Secret knowledge, lost civilizations, famous names, cover-ups, mysterious energy, and the secret to life, the Universe and everything!

Ah, unfortunately we've all seen this movie before. The believers can never prove their claims: the secret knowledge can never be stated because it is secret, or lost along with that civilization (which can never be uncovered, or was uncovered and re-lost, or is about to be uncovered any day now, and all that is needed is sufficient funds/time/goverment permission.) The famous names? Alas, they never mention their roles in this insidious plot in all their writings. Only a select few are privy to the truth of their dealings. The energy itself is real and all around us; it can heal, soothe, and in the wrong hands destroy. Several scientific studies have proven this energy is real, just none that have been peered reviewed or verified. The Ultimate Answer awaits those "brave" and "open-minded" enough to seek it, and is available for purchase on book or videocassette with any valid credit card.

[*yawn*]

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 04/01/2005 20:37:03
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  20:56:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:

Let's see... Nope, this link doesn't provide any evidence for Qi, and asserts without evidence that Leibnitz, Bohr and Einstein all secretly studied the I Ching. Of course, binary is just a counting system (and goes well beyond 64), Bohr's complementarity does not propose simply that "opposites are complementary," and E=mc2 doesn't suggest any "constant" changing of matter into energy. The page is lacking in science, and chock-full of wishful thinking.
quote:
http://www.kheper.net/topics/I_Ching/IChing_and_dna.htm
The idea that the I Ching and the genetic code are "just different representations of the same fundamental structure" displays a tremendous misunderstanding of both the I Ching and the genetic code (but a larger tremendous misunderstanding of DNA). The fact that they've both got 64 things in them is a coincidence based on math (26 in the case of the I Ching, and 43 in the case of DNA). Or does a checkerboard (82=64) also have something to do with the I Ching?
quote:
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~js/21st_century_science/lectures/lec16.html
The above page doesn't say anything about Qi.
quote:
http://www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/trigrams/archetypes.htm
A "hierarchy of symbols or archetypes" does nothing to demonstrate the existence of Qi. All that it does is demonstrate the existence of symbols, and the existence of people who think those symbols can be grouped into hierarchies.
quote:
I'll look for more on it, as well as pre history and prophecies from unrelated sources
Try looking for something basic: like, "here's a description of Qi and how anyone can experience it for themselves."

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds.