Page: of 2

Florduh

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  17:22:58  Show Profile Send Florduh a Private Message
http://www.venganza.org/

The answers are all here. Enjoy!

- Florduh

I wanted to be born again, but my mother would have no part of it.

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  17:41:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Oh hey, that is funny stuff!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  19:03:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
Nice!

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  04:45:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
"I was touched by His Noodly Appendage"

That was great! LOL

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2005 :  05:26:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Funny indeed. But my faith must still lie with the Cosmic Hypnotoad -- Tremble puny mortals before the Strength and Power of the Almighty Hypnotoad!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  00:46:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I like the pirate decline causing global warming hypothesis. The evidence looks pretty strong there.
Go to Top of Page

verlch
SFN Regular

781 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  02:05:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send verlch an AOL message Send verlch a Private Message
I can't believe you find that funny...

What a waste of YOUR precious time....lol...

You take that much glee raking somebodies beliefs like that, your like children...like a big bully who can't get enought of himself in the mirror. I see why you like evolution it allows you to mock your Maker as you see fit!!! Brillant. Just remember there is a judgement day that most Christians and Jews are trying to avoid.

Don't end up like they did in the days of Noah Mocking him until he entered the boat.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

How do plants exist without bugs in the soil, and bugs in the soil without plants producing oxygen?

There are no atheists in foxholes

Underlying the evolutionary theory is not just the classic "stuff" of science — conclusions arrived at through prolonged observation and experimentation. Evolution is first an atheistic, materialistic world view. In other words, the primary reason for its acceptance has little to do with the evidence for or against it. Evolution is accepted because men are atheists by faith and thus interpret the evidence to cor-respond to their naturalistic philosophy.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. II Timothy 4:3,4

II Thess. 2:11 And for this cause God shall
send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

You can not see the 'wind', but you can see its effect!!!!

Evolution was caused by genetic mistakes at each stage?

Radical Evolution has 500 million years to find fossils of fictional drawings of (hard core)missing links, yet they find none.

We have not seen such moral darkness since the dark ages, coencides with
teaching evolution in schools. (Moral darkness)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12.

"Thus, many scientists embracing naturalism find themselves in the seeming dilemma recently articulated by biochemist Franklin Harold: "We should reject, as a matter of principle, the substitution of intelligent design for the dialogue of chance and necessity [i.e., Darwinian evolution]; but we must concede that there are presently no detailed Darwinian accounts of the evolution of any biochemical system, only a variety of wishful speculations."
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  05:57:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by verlch

You take that much glee raking somebodies beliefs like that, your like children...like a big bully who can't get enought of himself in the mirror. I see why you like evolution it allows you to mock your Maker as you see fit!!! Brillant. Just remember there is a judgement day that most Christians and Jews are trying to avoid.

Don't end up like they did in the days of Noah Mocking him until he entered the boat.

Evolution only allows us to mock intellectually lazy people who believe a literal interpretation of a book chock full of inconsistencies, errors, and fallacies.

It has nothing to do with the general concept of the christian (or any other) god.

Why does a non-literal interpretation threaten people so much? Is it because it deprives them of a steady rock to guide them through this world...that they are so insecure this is the only kind of structure and rules that allows them to handle modern society?

Does it actually mean that people will have to think for themselves instead of being spoonfed like little babies.

When jesus said that you must be "like a child" to get into heaven, he must have meant that aspect of children that will beleive anything an authourity figure will tell them without questioning.

Grow up!

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  07:10:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

Bully? Try being known as an atheist in the Bible Belt....

What Maker? And why are Christians and Jews trying to avoid Judgement Day? From all of the hype, one'd think they'd be welcoming it with great anticipation and open arms.

Are we really going to go through the tired, old Noah and the Ridiculous Flood again? I swear to your God, verlch, I've done that turkey so many times that I can almost do it by rote from all points of view. Got into it once with Dr. Sarfati, of AiG. It was fun until he went ad hom and all but spastic. He was still spewing about "garbage sites and references" and slinging insults when I hung it up.

It is something I've noticed over the years: too many believers of any faith seem to come up a little short in the Sense of Humor Department. Tweak them a little, especally about their religion, and they all to pieces. I've never thought of you as one of these, so I'm a bit suprised that you object to a little admittedly silly humor.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  09:51:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Verlch:
I see why you like evolution it allows you to mock your Maker as you see fit!!!

Yup, you got it. Evolution is only around so those of us who are inclined to can make fun of God. It is a theory devised by Satan and planted in scientist's minds (through demonic intervention) to get as many of us in to hell as possible. God played right into Satan's hands, by the way, when he gave us the brains to analyze the evidence that Satan supplies to us. Nice summation Verlch. By avoiding the temptation to think, you can go to heaven unencumbered by Satan's facts. I just hope they have boxing and other sports in heaven so all of you who make it there will have something to talk about… I wonder if they have beer there?

Ooops, I bet you think I am mocking my creator. Darn that evolution.

On a less stupid note, a parody of ID as a scientific theory is not the same as mocking anyone's “Maker”. That you see it that way says something about you and nothing about God…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  14:36:12   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

You are such a prude. Lighten up verlch, there is just as much evidence for the FSM as there is for your God. But of course you don't understand evidence and are overly equip for denial of such.

btw. Noah!!! LOL, you are truly pathetic. You raise my concern that you are not an anomaly.

edited: consern ???

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Edited by - moakley on 08/27/2005 14:40:21
Go to Top of Page

Florduh

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  18:39:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Florduh a Private Message
I'm glad almost everyone has enjoyed the Intelligent Design of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Surprisingly the article about the FSM was found in the local newspaper. FSM is a lighthearted but serious response to a scary reality of teachers being forced to present total unsupported bullshit on an equal footing with science. I think any unbiased court of law would see FSM as valid as any other alternative to evolution if the same tests are applied to each alternative's "facts." Unfortunately we have no such courts.

And, the pirate thing makes more sense than some of the Creationist ideas I've seen put forth.

Praise the Spaghetti, St. Boyardee, and What A Friend We Have in Cheeses!

-Florduh

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2005 :  23:27:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Florduh

I think any unbiased court of law would see FSM as valid as any other alternative to evolution if the same tests are applied to each alternative's "facts." Unfortunately we have no such courts.
Fortunately, no Federal court has ever seen fit to agree that ID (or FSM) is a valid alternative to evolutionary biology. We've yet to see a court faced with the question of "ID vs. FSM," since at the Federal level, they've all seen creationism (in several guises) for what it is, and have rejected it as inappropriate for a public school science class. If a court is ever presented such a question, it'll mean things have already taken a seriously wrong turn, as the Federal court record is currently indisputably against teaching religion as if it were science.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Florduh

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  05:53:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Florduh a Private Message
I stand corrected on federal courts. Federal courts have made irrational decisions only on other matters, so far. State and local courts are another matter, and most actions never get to federal court. I am just biased against the legal system we have and ask forgiveness for my generalization.

Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  07:20:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Why does a non-literal interpretation threaten people so much?

I think it is ultimately an issue of power. If the believers can't indoctrinate the youngest members of society in their worldview then they lose some power over time.

The fight to have this crap taught in public schools is a symptom of something that has the true believers scared. Fewer people every generation are buying into their crap, and eventually they will disappear entirely. They have held power (one group or another of them anyway) since the beginning of human civilization. Over the last 150 years science has demolished so many of their claims, a trend that shows no sign of weakening, that they know the end of their rule is in sight.

Or it could just be that these people who believe in a literal interpretation of their bible are all bug-fucking-crazy. They have latched onto the BS as a security blanket and cling to it with pittbull like determination. Blindly, visciously, and without rational thought.

Who knows, really?

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2005 :  07:27:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude
Fewer people every generation are buying into their crap, and eventually they will disappear entirely.

Evolution at
Work. The dinos are dying.
It just takes some time.

he he

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds.