Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  12:40:32  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
---------------------------------------------------------------------
In "Moon Landing Hoax Parody?" Kil said:

"It has become evident over the last week that our Federal Government's response to the Katrina disaster is a full tilt demonstration of our government's incompetence.

How anyone could think that that same government could orchestrate or maintain any large conspiracy over the span of four decades without being caught is beyond me".

Listen to me carefully: Bush has said Americans will go again to the moon in ten or fifteen years.

But it would be enough to dust that old crock of Lunar Module if you want to go again to the moon.

THEN THAT DEMONSTRATES THAT YOU NEVER WENT TO THE MOON AND ALSO TODAY YOU HAVE NOT TECHNOLOGY TO LAND ON THE MOON.

IT'S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE THAT ANYONE IN 1969 WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LAND ON THE MOON WITH THIS OLD CROCK GOING BACKWARDS USING ROCKET ENGINE AS A BREAK

REASON, CRIPES, REASON, DON'T LET SOME BUFFOONS CAN SWINDLE YOU, CRIPES.

THAT OLD CROCK, COME CLOSE TO THE GROUND, WOULD HAVE FALLEN OFF IN ALL DIRECTIONS, ON THE RIGHT, LEFT, BEHIND, FORWARD, AND IT WOULD HAVE CRASHED INEXORABLY.

NOT EVEN TODAY NASA'S BUFFOONS HAVE INVENTED AN AIRCRAFT ABLE TO LAND IN HOVERING IN A PLACE WITHOUT ATMOSPHERE.

REASON, CRIPES, REASON, FOR THIS REASON BUSH HAS SAID YOU'LL GO TO THE MOON IN TEN OR FIFTEEN YEARS, BECAUSE TODAY YOU HAVEN'T TECHNOLOGY TO LAND ON THE MOON AND TO COME BACK.

"Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit" (Flattery gets friends, truth hatred)
Publius Terentius Afer, "Terence", Roman dramatist

Edited by - bigbrain on 09/04/2005 13:19:26

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  13:26:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
Well, bigbrain, I've got to admire you're tenacity, if not your intellect.

You are availing yourself of satellite technology right now. Your neurons misfire somewhere in Italy, and in seconds your stupidity is available to me in the middle of the US of A. This is possible due to satellites. You know each satellite is placed at an altitude where the forces are balanced just right so that it maintains its orbit. Give it just a little push one way and its off into deep space, a nudge the other way and its doomed to burn up on attempted re-entry. And man has been putting satellites up for 40+ years. Its a pretty mature technology. Assuming you believe that satellites exist (and if you don't then we're just imagining this whole thing, or there's a secret network of underground and undersea cables carrying all this communications traffic hidden from us by someone who wants to fool us into thinking there are such things as satellites), then why is it so difficult to believe that we can send an unmanned vehicle to elsewhere in the solar system? Most of the effort is to get the damn thing up to that altitude where the forces are just balanced. After that, it doesn't take much to make it head somewhere else. Please explain how we can put hundreds of satellites in orbit, but we can not figure out how to get one unmanned probe to Mars.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  13:49:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by R.Wreck

... Give it just a little push one way and its off into deep space, a nudge the other way and its doomed to burn up on attempted re-entry ...

Without the famous tiles of Space Shuttle, how could it not burn on re-entry

Edited by - bigbrain on 09/04/2005 13:51:48
Go to Top of Page

zaphod beeblebrox

15 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  14:32:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send zaphod beeblebrox a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain

Listen to me carefully: Bush has said Americans will go again to the moon in ten or fifteen years.

But it would be enough to dust that old crock of Lunar Module if you want to go again to the moon.
Or it could just be that there aren't any left and it be far to dangerous to use a forty year old spacecraft.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  15:09:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
bigbrain, please answer the question:

quote:
Please explain how we can put hundreds of satellites in orbit, but we can not figure out how to get one unmanned probe to Mars.

or I will consider you to stand confuted.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

Go to Top of Page

zaphod beeblebrox

15 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  15:34:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send zaphod beeblebrox a Private Message
quote:

... Give it just a little push one way and its off into deep space, a nudge the other way and its doomed to burn up on attempted re-entry ...

Simple not all spacecraft have tile's for reentry, I suggest you do a bit of reading here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_shield

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. ~Douglas Adams
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  15:51:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bigbrain:

Satellites are not generally designed for re-entry.

Now stop avoiding the question:

quote:
Please explain how we can put hundreds of satellites in orbit, but we can not figure out how to get one unmanned probe to Mars.

T. H. Huxley

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  16:40:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:

In "Moon Landing Hoax Parody?" Kil said:

"It has become evident over the last week that our Federal Government's response to the Katrina disaster is a full tilt demonstration of our government's incompetence.

How anyone could think that that same government could orchestrate or maintain any large conspiracy over the span of four decades without being caught is beyond me".

THEN THAT DEMONSTRATES THAT YOU NEVER WENT TO THE MOON AND ALSO TODAY YOU HAVE NOT TECHNOLOGY TO LAND ON THE MOON.

IT'S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE THAT ANYONE IN 1969 WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO LAND ON THE MOON WITH THIS OLD CROCK GOING BACKWARDS USING ROCKET ENGINE AS A BREAK.

REASON, CRIPES, REASON, DON'T LET SOME BUFFOONS CAN SWINDLE YOU, CRIPES.

THAT OLD CROCK, COME CLOSE TO THE GROUND, WOULD HAVE FALLEN OFF IN ALL DIRECTIONS, ON THE RIGHT, LEFT, BEHIND, FORWARD, AND IT WOULD HAVE CRASHED INEXORABLY.

NOT EVEN TODAY NASA'S BUFFOONS HAVE INVENTED AN AIRCRAFT ABLE TO LAND IN HOVERING IN A PLACE WITHOUT ATMOSPHERE.

REASON, CRIPES, REASON, FOR THIS REASON BUSH HAS SAID YOU'LL GO TO THE MOON IN TEN OR FIFTEEN YEARS, BECAUSE TODAY YOU HAVEN'T TECHNOLOGY TO LAND ON THE MOON AND TO COME BACK.

Naaa. I'm sorry, but you are just full of crap. Argue all you want to about this, you will still be full of crap. If this sort of thing gets you off, knock yourself out...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  17:29:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
I really must ask: why exactly is anyone still engaging in this excersize in futility? bigbrain is having a ball with this nonsense and we are going for it like rednecks after hog meat.

Good joke, bb! Wish I'da thought of it.....

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  17:39:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
I want to be a NASA babboon, too:

http://www.apecosmonautene.no/pages/inspirat.html

Oh, by the by, has anyone noticed bigpain has changed the topic subject?

He is no longer insisting we didn't go to the moon only. Now Titan has been added also.

"Sirens of Titan" by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. is one of my all time top reads.

http://www.sfsite.com/~silverag/vonnegut.html

Quote:

"Vonnegut's Mars, Mercury and Titan could just as easily been Italy....."

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Edited by - Dry_vby on 09/04/2005 20:06:09
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  20:59:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
AAAAAAHHHHHHUUUUUUUU will this psycho ever stop.

No, he'll just keep going and going and going....

He will never leave, the conspiracy thread will be like the seventh level of HELL.

Make him stop, make him shut up and for the love of God make the smiley faces go away!!

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  22:38:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Or you can just stop reading the thread.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dry_vby
Skeptic Friend

Australia
249 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  22:55:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dry_vby a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Yeah, furry.

You gotta expect kooks in the conspiracy thread, seein' as how being kooky is their life.

"I'll go along with the charade
Until I can think my way out.
I know it was all a big joke
Whatever it was about."

Bob Dylan
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  23:25:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Well, reading the thread isn't the problem. It's the replies which feed bigbrain's delusions which are the problem.

Like this one.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  01:30:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
A sneer at NASA
Entirely CAPITALIZED
From a padded cell.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

bigbrain
BANNED

409 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2005 :  03:30:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bigbrain a Private Message
Originally posted by zaphod beeblebrox

Simple not all spacecraft have tile's for reentry, I suggest you do a bit of reading here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_shield

Only a lot of craps

IF ASTRONAUTS HAD COME BACK WITH THIS BATH-TUB, THEY WOULD HAVE COME OUT LIKE ROAST CHICKENS

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.41 seconds.