Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  21:29:38  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
I believe that the US government, or certain bodies within it orchestrated 9/11. I am just interested in what you guys may think. Let me brace myself, this could be funny.

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  21:44:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HYBRID

I believe that the US government, or certain bodies within it orchestrated 9/11. I am just interested in what you guys may think. Let me brace myself, this could be funny.
Funny 'ha-ha' or funny 'what is that strange growth on my arm'? 'Cause it could be either.

Seriously, Hybrid, when making a rather controversial statement like "US government . . . orchestrated 9/11," it would be a good idea to document the reasons behind this. Else how are we to reply? Suppose your evidence comes from source X-- something you don't mention in your post, but I and five other SFNers spend two days arguing about the legendary source Y. What kind of discussion can we have?

So why not add to your thoughts with "I think US government, or certain bodies within it orchestrated 9/11 because . . ." and let the debate start from there?
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  21:44:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
BTW: how are those mystery schools?
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  21:46:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
They are going great, how about you?
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  21:48:26   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
You say that like it had a purpose. I stand by what I said, FIRMLY. The way you came at me about the situation was outrageous.
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  22:01:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
i think its simple, we don't have to go into all of the other evidence, but I think of it like this: we have something called radar, and when planes leave the airport, they are constantly being tracked by this. We also have something called NORAD, who's entire purpose is to stop terrorist attacks. They also are supposed to stop attacks like 9/11. But alas, even though we had all of that, no NORAD, even though those planes were off course for over 1 and 45 minutes. But other planes that have went off course and were intercepted by the military and NORAD within minutes, but not on 9/11. Why? Was radar not working that day? How about NORAD? I would love to here the excuses this time.
Edited by - HYBRID on 09/22/2005 22:25:33
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  22:26:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:

i think its simple, we don't have to go into all of the other evidence, but I think of it like this: we have something called radar, and when planes leave the airport, they are constantly being tracked by this. We also have something called NORAD, who's entire purpose is to stop terrorist attacks. They also are supposed to stop attacks like 9/11. But alas, even thought we had all of that, no NORAD, even thought those planes were off course for over 1 and 45 minutes. But other planes that have went off course and were intercepted by the military and NORAD within minutes, but not on 9/11. Why? Was radar not working that day? How about NORAD? I would love to here the excuses this time.

Hybrid, you'e such a brilliant mind. Why don't you try to find the answer to these questions on your own? I mean, you can't be the first person to ever think of these questions, right? The goverment published an entire commission report on this subject. Why don't you read it and then tell us what their answers were.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 09/22/2005 22:27:06
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  22:29:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
What are you that stupid that you believe everything in that!? Explain it to me then! Fuck the report! You know I am wrong, so just do it!!
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  22:35:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by H. Humbert

quote:

i think its simple, we don't have to go into all of the other evidence, but I think of it like this: we have something called radar, and when planes leave the airport, they are constantly being tracked by this. We also have something called NORAD, who's entire purpose is to stop terrorist attacks. They also are supposed to stop attacks like 9/11. But alas, even thought we had all of that, no NORAD, even thought those planes were off course for over 1 and 45 minutes. But other planes that have went off course and were intercepted by the military and NORAD within minutes, but not on 9/11. Why? Was radar not working that day? How about NORAD? I would love to here the excuses this time.

Hybrid, you'e such a brilliant mind. Why don't you try to find the answer to these questions on your own? I mean, you can't be the first person to ever think of these questions, right? The goverment published an entire commission report on this subject. Why don't you read it and then tell us what their answers were.

Its just the fact that the masses are too stupid to see it, or admit to it, because they know what it would mean if they did accept it. The fact that there was not any stories done on an OPPOSITE culprit or story to 9/11 than the one given, then I think that the media is being supressed. But its not like this is hard to do though, but go ahead, tell me it is..
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  00:01:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message
quote:
Its just the fact that the masses are too stupid to see it, or admit to it, because they know what it would mean if they did accept it. The fact that there was not any stories done on an OPPOSITE culprit or story to 9/11 than the one given, then I think that the media is being supressed. But its not like this is hard to do though, but go ahead, tell me it is..

No, no. Before we tackle this problem it is important to be certain that we all have the proper background knowledge. I know someone as smart as yourself would never leap to conclusions. Before we can even focus on an OPPOSITE culprit we need to rule out the obvious one. So let's do that first. Tell us what exactly it is in the 9-11 report that you take issue with. Don't be afraid to get technical.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  06:26:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Got proof?

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  06:35:44   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

i think its simple, we don't have to go into all of the other evidence, but I think of it like this: we have something called radar, and when planes leave the airport, they are constantly being tracked by this. We also have something called NORAD, who's entire purpose is to stop terrorist attacks. They also are supposed to stop attacks like 9/11. But alas, even though we had all of that, no NORAD, even though those planes were off course for over 1 and 45 minutes. But other planes that have went off course and were intercepted by the military and NORAD within minutes, but not on 9/11. Why? Was radar not working that day? How about NORAD? I would love to here the excuses this time.

Nope. NORAD exists to detect inbound nuclear ICBM's and launch out own ICBM's.

Out of the literally hundreds of flight deviations each day which were uninvestigated and unintercepted, you're complaining about four. A number of years ago, an United Airlines jet landed at Council Bluffs, IA. The problem, their flight plan called for landing at Omaha, NE. It was not intercepted. When flights stray into military restricted airspace, they are usually intercepted and investigated. New York was not military restricted airspace.

Likewise, the scramble time of a flight of fighter aircraft is significantly longer than a few minutes. If there are any Air Force folks here, I'll hope you'll correct me if I misstate the time. I believe it takes 30 minutes to scramble two fighters for an intercept mission. Then you have to add in the flight time. Due to base closings, flight time is at least 15 minutes to NYC.

Edited by - Valiant Dancer on 09/23/2005 06:48:30
Go to Top of Page

Fripp
SFN Regular

USA
727 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  07:55:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Fripp a Private Message
quote:

The way you came at me about the situation was outrageous.

You mean by ASKING? ***gasp*** How DARE he!

quote:

What are you that stupid that you believe everything in that!? Explain it to me then! Fuck the report! You know I am wrong, so just do it!!

Already a little touchy aren't you?

quote:

Its just the fact that the masses are too stupid to see it

And you, conversely, are so blazingly brilliant, how could we ever doubt any of your astoundingly well-thought-out conclusions?

"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought my Dark Lord of the Sith could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only 2-meters wide! That thing wasn't even fully paid off yet! You have any idea what this is going to do to my credit?!?!"

"What? Oh, oh, 'just rebuild it'? Oh, real [bleep]ing original. And who's gonna give me a loan, jackhole? You? You got an ATM on that torso LiteBrite?"
Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  09:07:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

Out of the literally hundreds of flight deviations each day which were uninvestigated and unintercepted, you're complaining about four. A number of years ago, an United Airlines jet landed at Council Bluffs, IA. The problem, their flight plan called for landing at Omaha, NE. It was not intercepted. When flights stray into military restricted airspace, they are usually intercepted and investigated. New York was not military restricted airspace.

Likewise, the scramble time of a flight of fighter aircraft is significantly longer than a few minutes. If there are any Air Force folks here, I'll hope you'll correct me if I misstate the time. I believe it takes 30 minutes to scramble two fighters for an intercept mission. Then you have to add in the flight time. Due to base closings, flight time is at least 15 minutes to NYC.

Man, you are a lie and a half! And making exuses. Next!
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  09:08:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Valiant Dancer

quote:

Man, you are a lie and a half! And making exuses. Next!

I accept your admission of defeat by not dealing with the contents of the post.

Go to Top of Page

HYBRID
BANNED

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  09:10:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HYBRID a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Fripp

quote:

The way you came at me about the situation was outrageous.

You mean by ASKING? ***gasp*** How DARE he!

quote:

Already a little touchy aren't you?

quote:

Its just the fact that the masses are too stupid to see it

And you, conversely, are so blazingly brilliant, how could we ever doubt any of your astoundingly well-thought-out conclusions?

Because its not that hard to figure out jackass! I don't believe the war on terror exists AT ALL! OBL, just a name to place blame. I literally laugh at ANYONE who buys this official story. Its damn right sad. But I feel the way that I do, and I know plenty of people who feel the same way. Actually, I know a hell of a lot more people who KNOW the official story is garbage. When you do some investigating, doesn't even take that much, this country is sad, and its administration should be impeached.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.