Miracle Thaw - The Bogus Miracle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2006 :  21:18:35  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
This thread is for posting comments about the SFN article “Miracle Thaw — The Bogus Miracle.” Please try to keep posts on topic. Only registered users may post comments.

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  04:21:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Reading the Skeptic Summary (week-in-review) I was struck by the fact that this article constantly gets between 300 and 500 views/month...

It's a very successful article, and shows that even if the article was written 5 years ago, it's conclusions never gets old.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  09:38:28   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Reading the Skeptic Summary (week-in-review) I was struck by the fact that this article constantly gets between 300 and 500 views/month...

It's a very successful article, and shows that even if the article was written 5 years ago, it's conclusions never gets old.

If you search “Miracle Thaw” on google, my article is number one. My guess is that since these trays are getting hard to find, many of the hits are from people actually looking to buy one.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  10:45:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
One pseudoscientific product down, n-1 products to go.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  16:53:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
'n' being the infinite imagination of the swindlers and deluded..

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  21:11:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:

If you search “Miracle Thaw” on google, my article is number one. My guess is that since these trays are getting hard to find, many of the hits are from people actually looking to buy one.

Kil, you really ought to take advantage of the attention, and sell Miracle Thaw here!

And I'll sell Chick Tracts.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  22:50:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

quote:
Originally posted by Kil

quote:

Kil, you really ought to take advantage of the attention, and sell Miracle Thaw here!

And I'll sell Chick Tracts.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  03:47:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Anodize a ˝-inch thick slab of Aluminium black, and just market it as "The Evil Skeptic's Miracle Thaw"

Edited to add:
Copper conducts heat twice as good as aluminium, but it's heavier does now oxidize as nicely.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 02/05/2007 03:50:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.