Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  11:30:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have reposted my comments and the evidence I presented earlier--before dave wiped it off the forum, rather than just sticking in the reference or asking me to do so.

As such, I will address questions here.

But please keep them related to the topic.

No witty quotes. I think for myself.
Edited by - ergo123 on 10/19/2006 11:31:39
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  11:32:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ergo123

maybe if you would leave the text in my threads alone, this would work out.
ergo, you seem to be under the impression that the SFN is some giant unmoderated forum where you get to set the rules about what can and cannot be done. Unfortunatelly for you, this isn't the case. If you'll notice, Dave is an administrator here and so has certain powers. He also has certain obligations, and that means making sure that things run smoothly. Thus, giant cut-and-pastes from other sites tend to be removed in favor of a link to the site.

We lock threads at ca. 15 pages-- not because one of us feels as though we're losing a debate, but because at some point a thread is just too long to be reasonable.

We sometimes edit posts to fix broken links, or HTML codes.

And sometimes-- rarely, but it has happened-- we ban abusive jerks and the like. You certainly haven't risen to the level of "abusive jerk" so this isn't a threat of any sort-- it's just to let you know that it's the SFN mods and admin who run the show here, and not you.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  11:34:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

Just for fun I looked a upriver's link. Here is one of the revelations from the site:
quote:
As seen in the following pictures, the cores of the towers were not distracted by thousands of powerful cutting charges but by a modern thermonuclear explosive, a small hydrogen bomb.

I kid you not. You got to admire this guy, quit screwing around with these dinky little conspiracy theories and just jump off the cliff of full fledge insanity...

I ran across that one, too, in my research. My intuition tells me it's a bit far fetched--but as a skeptic I'll look into it before tossing it out.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  11:58:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

maybe if you would leave the text in my threads alone, this would work out.
If you'd have had the link in your OP in the first place, I think you would have found another excuse to not answer questions.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  12:10:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I ran across that one, too, in my research. My intuition tells me it's a bit far fetched--but as a skeptic I'll look into it before tossing it out.
Wow-- you're an amazing skeptic! Be sure also to check on the possibility that tiny little blue elves weren't setting off zapo-stars, which would cause similar damage! After all, skeptics are known for thoughtfully considering every wild possibility for an event!!
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  12:48:02   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

quote:
Wow-- you're an amazing skeptic! Be sure also to check on the possibility that tiny little blue elves weren't setting off zapo-stars, which would cause similar damage! After all, skeptics are known for thoughtfully considering every wild possibility for an event!!

Well, since elves don't exist--let alone tiny little blue ones--it will not be necessary to check out that "theory."

Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  12:49:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cuneiformist

I'll ignore the seeming contradiction in that you believe something to be true, but are also making no claim that it's true and ask about some of your references.

In particular, most of them are so vague that it's impossible to track them down. I spent 10 minutes trying to find the context of quote 6 but had no luck. Do you have an issue or volume number? Some of the other citations are a bit lacking in information.

Let me know if the link doesn't help with your question.

Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  12:49:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, since elves don't exist--let alone tiny little blue ones--it will not be necessary to check out that "theory."

Can you prove they don't exist? I haven't see you provide any evidence that they do not. Why should we trust your assumptions?

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  13:01:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Just for fun I looked a upriver's link. Here is one of the revelations from the site:

As seen in the following pictures, the cores of the towers were not distracted by thousands of powerful cutting charges but by a modern thermonuclear explosive, a small hydrogen bomb.

I kid you not. You got to admire this guy, quit screwing around with these dinky little conspiracy theories and just jump off the cliff of full fledge insanity...

A bit far fetched.... But as a true skeptic(tm) you'll look into it.... Apparently, you are willing to believe anything as long as it doesn't make any sense, is beyond the possibility of really occuring or it cannot be backed up by facts. What an interesting take you have on skepticism!

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  13:06:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, since elves don't exist

And you call yourself a skeptic. Check out this, how do you explain a 14" mummy. You are such a narrow minded twit...

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  13:54:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A bit far fetched.... But as a true skeptic(tm) you'll look into it.... Apparently, you are willing to believe anything as long as it doesn't make any sense, is beyond the possibility of really occuring or it cannot be backed up by facts. What an interesting take you have on skepticism!

Believe anything? I never said I believed everything. But the finn provides evidence--I haven't evaluated it yet, but he claims to have observable evidence. So far no one has produced any evidence that blue elves were involved, so there there can be no theory to test.

Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  13:57:24   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Well, since elves don't exist

And you call yourself a skeptic. Check out this, how do you explain a 14" mummy. You are such a narrow minded twit...

A 14" mummy would be, if anything, an ex-elf.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  14:14:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ergo123, editing a post and changing the contents of a post which has already been edited by a Moderator or an Admin is a serious no-no.

If this had happened in one of the forums where I'm moderator, I would have called for a temporary ban, and let the Admins decide if such a measure is warranted.

RED TEXT is reserved for official moderator/admin messages, and must not be edited.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  14:36:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence."
-- Wiliam K Clifford

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  14:54:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Ergo123, editing a post and changing the contents of a post which has already been edited by a Moderator or an Admin is a serious no-no.

If this had happened in one of the forums where I'm moderator, I would have called for a temporary ban, and let the Admins decide if such a measure is warranted.

RED TEXT is reserved for official moderator/admin messages, and must not be edited.

Is there a list of forum rules somewhere that I missed? If so please direct me and I will familiarize myself with them.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds.