Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  17:02:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ergo123

quote:
Originally posted by filthy

ergo, the F was not a typo, as you would have seen if you'd actually read the link I put up concerning the reaction of metals to low temperatures.

Yeah, filth, I read the link. It was about tempering steel at low temperatures. Big fcuking deal. What does that have to do with the NIST/UL test that showed the floors did not fail even under twice the load and being heated for twice as long as the South Tower lasted?

I rather doubt that you did much more than scan it, if that. If you had, you would have seen how the chemistry acts.

I ask again: where did you come up with the 2,000 degree F heat-soak that you claimed the columns were designed to withstand? Uninsulated.

As for finding evidence that the towers were brought down by a controlled demolition, that's your job and no one else's. You are making the claim. Sort'a anyway, and that amounts to the same thing.

Lemmee ask you another question: as it has been shown, ad nauseum, by others as well as myself, that demolition charges could not have been set in the normal manner, how might they have been set otherwise?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  17:44:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

ergo, the F was not a typo, as you would have seen if you'd actually read the link I put up concerning the reaction of metals to low temperatures.

Yeah, filth, I read the link. It was about tempering steel at low temperatures. Big fcuking deal. What does that have to do with the NIST/UL test that showed the floors did not fail even under twice the load and being heated for twice as long as the South Tower lasted?

quote:
I rather doubt that you did much more than scan it, if that. If you had, you would have seen how the chemistry acts.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time you disregarded facts...

And why did you avoid answering my question, filth? Do you really expect me to answer your questions when you avoid answering mine?

quote:
As for finding evidence that the towers were brought down by a controlled demolition, that's your job and no one else's. You are making the claim.

So, do each of you need your own response to each of these issues? See above for the answer--I've answered it a number of times on a number of threads.

No witty quotes. I think for myself.
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  23:16:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I give up.
Yes, this is futile.

Speaking of futile, so far I have seen no evidence against the South Park claim that "Anybody who believes 9/11 was a conspiracy is a retard"

quote:

Well, have you looked for any evidence? Or do you wait for the evidence to walk up to you and say hello?
There certainly have'nt been any evidence walking up in these threads.

You still refuse to even try to understand, do you?

You - have - to - provide - some - support - for - your - crackpot - story !

Holes in the "official story" is not support for your fantasy.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  23:40:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Starman

quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

I give up.
Yes, this is futile.

Speaking of futile, so far I have seen no evidence against the South Park claim that "Anybody who believes 9/11 was a conspiracy is a retard"

quote:

Well, have you looked for any evidence? Or do you wait for the evidence to walk up to you and say hello?
There certainly have'nt been any evidence walking up in these threads.

You still refuse to even try to understand, do you?

You - have - to - provide - some - support - for - your - crackpot - story !

Holes in the "official story" is not support for your fantasy.

I would object to what is usually wisdom by the South Park boys, but only to the extent of pointing out that Osama thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy. And I don't think he's a retard. Just a fundy nutcase who by chance happens to be very informed about 9/11.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Edited by - HalfMooner on 11/02/2006 00:03:30
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  02:09:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, it wouldn't be the first time you disregarded facts...

And why did you avoid answering my question, filth? Do you really expect me to answer your questions when you avoid answering mine?

quote:
As for finding evidence that the towers were brought down by a controlled demolition, that's your job and no one else's. You are making the claim.

So, do each of you need your own response to each of these issues? See above for the answer--I've answered it a number of times on a number of threads.

It has to do with how ferrous metals react to heat and has nothing to do with the reports. Don't try to red-herring your way out of telling us where you got the 2,000 degree F figure. Gimmie a link where I can see it for myself, otherwise, I'm calling bullshit on it.

And if the alledged charges were not set in the normal manner, how might they have been set?

Thus far, you have answered precious, damned little. Speculation is all well and good, but it ain't answers.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  19:45:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by moakley

You are here making statements supporting CD. So you are both thinking and claiming that CD is true. A very small difference in an unimportant detail, but not unexpected.

Like I said--I knew you wouldn't get it. Try this--I have a feeling it is true but I, as of yet, have no evidence it is true, therefore I don't know it to be true.

As I said, "A very small difference in an unimportant detail." You appear to be back peddling.

quote:

quote:

The best means that we have of arriving at the truth is the scientific method which is dependent on observable and experimentally repeatable data/evidence.

Indeed. But failure to find evidence does not negate a Truth, it merely leaves it undiscovered.

You agree with me and still claim an unevidenced Truth? Did you type that with a straight face?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All I see is denial of the official explanation which is still not evidence of CD.

Well of course the fact that the official story is impossible isn't proof that the CD Theory is true. But proving the official story is impossible opens the door to examine theories of the collapses of the 3 wtc buildings.

Well of course the official story is impossible.

So you don't believe the official story is true? What do you believe caused the towers to collapse?

No, that was sarcasm, which I thought was clear from the yawn.

Having read most of what you have written here the only thing this would do is to provide you with another diversion from your promised research for CD evidence. I honestly believe that you would like to put your shovel down, but your ergo will not allow you to back down from the occupants of an asylum.

Edited: to add "No, that was sarcasm ..." answer

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Edited by - moakley on 11/02/2006 19:54:42
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  19:59:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

You are here making statements supporting CD. So you are both thinking and claiming that CD is true. A very small difference in an unimportant detail, but not unexpected.

Like I said--I knew you wouldn't get it. Try this--I have a feeling it is true but I, as of yet, have no evidence it is true, therefore I don't know it to be true.

As I said, "A very small difference in an unimportant detail." You appear to be back peddling.

No, I was using simpler words for you. But no luck, I guess. You just don't get it.

quote:

quote:

The best means that we have of arriving at the truth is the scientific method which is dependent on observable and experimentally repeatable data/evidence.

Indeed. But failure to find evidence does not negate a Truth, it merely leaves it undiscovered.

quote:
You agree with me and still claim an unevidenced Truth? Did you type that with a straight face?

I'm not claiming an unevidenced truth. I'm pointing out that a Truth with no evidence is still a Truth. I'm speaking in general terms here--not about anything specific.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

All I see is denial of the official explanation which is still not evidence of CD.

Well of course the fact that the official story is impossible isn't proof that the CD Theory is true. But proving the official story is impossible opens the door to examine theories of the collapses of the 3 wtc buildings.

Well of course the official story is impossible.

So you don't believe the official story is true? What do you believe caused the towers to collapse?

quote:
Having read most of what you have written here the only thing this would do is to provide you with another diversion from your promised research for CD evidence. I honestly believe that you would like to put your shovel down, but your ergo will not allow you back down from the occupants of an asylum.

Afraid to say what you believe?

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  22:06:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:

So you got nothing.
I have a feeling you are writing this from an insane asylum but as yet I have no evidence (besides your delusions).
quote:
I'm not claiming an unevidenced truth. I'm pointing out that a Truth with no evidence is still a Truth. I'm speaking in general terms here--not about anything specific.

Boy that's deep!
How about this - a Falsehood with no evidence is still a Falsehood.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  22:28:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
And a falsehood dressed to look like a truth is still a falsehood.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  01:58:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
.... And bovine foeces is still bullshit.

Given the known evidence, I don't think that a coordinated, controlled demolition could have be done. Thus far, nothing has been demonstrated as to change my mind.

And actually, I'd love it if it could be shown that there was a government conspiracy. Just love it! We could hang that lying, ignorant, fascist Bush and his foul cronies higher'n Hubble. So, I'm a little disappointed in that....

But not so disappointed that I'll attempt to produce evidence that just isn't there. Unsupported speculation will only take you so far...

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  03:58:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
What makes you think a proven cd case would lead to bush and/or his cronies?

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  05:35:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
I'm just going to let your previous reply pass. I have no desire to return to the debating skills once employed as a ten year old.

ego how soon can we expect a write up on your research for CD evidence?

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  06:11:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
quote:

What makes you think a proven cd case would lead to bush and/or his cronies?

Ergo, you really must try and improve your cognitive reading skills. I wrote:
quote:
And actually, I'd love it if it could be shown that there was a government conspiracy. Just love it! We could hang that lying, ignorant, fascist Bush and his foul cronies higher'n Hubble. So, I'm a little disappointed in that....
Who else amongst our hackneyed 'leaders' can you think of that would be capable of it?

And if some foreign entity did it and the reports intentionally obfuscated the facts, would that not show collusion with our government? If you think it through, it's all pretty complicated, isn't it? Never forget, the more complicated a plan is, the less likely it is to succeed largely because there would have to be so many people, of varying competence, involved. And 'competence' is a foreign concept to our current government. One hopes that will change very soon, very soon.

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  09:05:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
This thread has been locked due to length. You may continue the, ummmmm, debate over here

Kil

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.81 seconds.