Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  14:02:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ergo123
--quick onset of collapse
--total collapse
--near free-fall speed of collapse
--buildings fall straight down in spite of asymetric design and asymetric presence of fires.
--pulverization of much of the concrete in the building coupled with ejection of steel beams and total collapse.

Non of the things above are exclusive to controlled demolition scenarios. As such, they cannot be used as evidence for CD in exclusion of other theories.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  14:33:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dave W.

quote:

quote:
No evidence that this would not happen in a non-CD collapse.

Cute Dave. But some here should chastise you for this type of argument--trying to show I don't have evidence something could not happen... tsk, tsk. Stooping to the level you accuse me of...

Fortunately, we can turn to the laws of physics which define the characteristics of how steel reacts to heat. As filth should attest to, steel loses its strength gradually when heated. This would prohibit a quick onset of collapse.

quote:
--total collapse
quote:

But there is no evidence this would happen in a gravity-only collapse. Do you know why? Because it has never happened before to a steel-framed building.

quote:
quote:

Again, you are looking for evidence of a negative. Here, however, like with my first point, we have the law of conservation of momentum that prohibits such a quick fall time by gravity alone acting on 80+ storys in a steel-frame building.

quote:
--buildings fall straight down in spite of asymetric design and asymetric presence of fires.
quote:
This did not happen.

Really? Maybe we are talking about a different set of buildings... Or are you just splitting hairs?
quote:
--pulverization of much of the concrete in the building coupled with ejection of steel beams and total collapse.
quote:

Again, there is no evidence this would happen in a gravity-only collapse--because there haven't been any.

No witty quotes. I think for myself.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  14:36:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

quote:
--total collapse

Non of the things above are exclusive to controlled demolition scenarios. As such, they cannot be used as evidence for CD in exclusion of other theories.

I never claimed they prove the CD Theory to the exclusion of other theories.

Why do you people make up like this?!

Go to Top of Page

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  16:40:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message
What I don't get.....

is why witless wonders start threads with titles like, "What I Don't Get"

That's rich!

You deserve none of the thought that has gone into the debate with you. I said it before, "You're a joke." You deserve nothing more than derision and condescension. The thread I want to start is, "Why Should We Debate Ego?"

Even my amusement level for you has bottomed out. You're lamer than a seventh grader shouting, "Oh yeah?. You're Mom!"

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  16:59:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:
--total collapse

Ergo, what is the point of listing evidence which supports two or more competing theories? You might as well have listed, "The buildings fell" in with your evidence, as that is certainly evidence of CD, is it not?

So I ask you again, if not to support one theory over another, what is the point in listing the above "evidence"?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  17:31:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
the point is to show that the cd theory is worth examining--and has more support in observed events than the official story.

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  20:02:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
the point is to show that the cd theory is worth examining--and has more support in observed events than the official story.

And only you and your intrepid band of conspiracy theorist can see this obvious fact. Well here's to you and your delusions of granduer. I pray that we all will soon bow to your incredible intuitive powers and come to realize that you are the light and the truth.
BWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  21:17:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by furshur

quote:

And only you and your intrepid band of conspiracy theorist can see this obvious fact. Well here's to you and your delusions of granduer. I pray that we all will soon bow to your incredible intuitive powers and come to realize that you are the light and the truth.
BWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

If you marginalize those who believe the obvious in this case by calling them part of the band of conspiracy theorists, then, yes. But see how your subconscious gives you the freedom to continue to deny the obvious by having your consciousness mock those who see it? No, of course you don't see it. If you did, you wouldn't be fooled like you are now.

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  21:36:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:
--total collapse

Then the CD hypothesis is superfluous, since it requires more assumptions (the conspiracy to set the explosives) than the Plane-crash-demolition theory.

quote:

Oh, poo-hoo... Consider yourself pwnd.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  21:41:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
quote:
But see how your subconscious gives you the freedom to continue to deny the obvious by having your consciousness mock those who see it? No, of course you don't see it. If you did, you wouldn't be fooled like you are now.

You're getting awefully close to psycho-analysing again.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  23:44:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
quote:
ergo123:
If you marginalize those who believe the obvious in this case by calling them part of the band of conspiracy theorists, then, yes.

Don't let it bother you. You aren't alone. Hell, there are lots of people who have cornered the truth only to be scorned and laughed at. Take those who are sure that the moon landings were a hoax. Then there are those who believe that there is a pharmaceutical and medical industry wide conspiracy to keep a cure for cancer from you. They know. And how about that conspiracy to keep evolution alive even though it's a proven hoax? I could personally introduce you to a few of those folks. Did you know that a few insightful individuals out there are sure that an alien spacecraft crashed at area 51 and the government knows all about it? Another conspiracy to keep us from the truth. And how about those illuminati? Running the whole damned world they are. And taking their orders from six foot shape shifting alien lizards!

All of these people are absolutely positive that they have the goods. They can see through the lies. They have evidence! Believe me when I tell you, you have lots of company…

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  00:26:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
--total collapse

Then the CD hypothesis is superfluous, since it requires more assumptions (the conspiracy to set the explosives) than the Plane-crash-demolition theory.

quote:

Oh, poo-hoo... Consider yourself pwnd.

The only thing that bothers me about the plane-crash-demolition story is that there is no evidence that the crash and the heat of the resulting fires made the building collapse. So it's not a theory at all. There are no observations and no circumstantial, indirect evidence that the crash damage and/or the fires caused the collapse of any of the WTC buildings.

I thought you guys were all about evidence. Or is that the defense you use to keep from having to believe what you don't want to believe?

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  00:43:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Controlled demolition as done by the pros is too difficult to set up and the sequencing of the firing series too complicated to be practical-- the charges do not go off all at once, BOOM!! If ergo had done a little research, and not necessarily the links I gave him, he would have dropped that one as ridiculous.

Controlled demolition by some explosive method not used by the pros -- no evidence that such was done and until there is, that one too, is ridiculous. Even more so because it probably wouldn't work and the explosion(s) would have been as obvious as a rat turd in the sugar bowl to observers. It is even concievable that it/they might even have put out the fires. High explosives are commonly used to extinguished oil well fires.....

Controlled demolition by use of a quanity of one of the thermites -- you made me laugh.

Where does that leave us, then? Aliens from the planet Agkistrodon loaning the shithead Bush their Q-Ray technology.....?

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

ergo123
BANNED

USA
810 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  00:54:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send ergo123 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by filthy

Controlled demolition as done by the pros is too difficult to set up and the sequencing of the firing series too complicated to be practical-- the charges do not go off all at once, BOOM!! If ergo had done a little research, and not necessarily the links I gave him, he would have dropped that one as ridiculous.

Controlled demolition by some explosive method not used by the pros -- no evidence that such was done and until there is, that one too, is ridiculous. Even more so because it probably wouldn't work and the explosion(s) would have been as obvious as a rat turd in the sugar bowl to observers. It is even concievable that it/they might even have put out the fires. High explosives are commonly used to extinguished oil well fires.....

Controlled demolition by use of a quanity of one of the thermites -- you made me laugh.

Where does that leave us, then? Aliens from the planet Agkistrodon loaning the shithead Bush their Q-Ray technology.....?

So, what's your point--that in the absence of any theory based on observed evidence you pick the first story you hear?

Go to Top of Page

tomk80
SFN Regular

Netherlands
1278 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  01:19:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit tomk80's Homepage Send tomk80 a Private Message
quote:
So, what's your point--that in the absence of any theory based on observed evidence you pick the first story you hear?

That we can dismiss controlled demolition on multiple grounds:
1. No evidence from the collapse itself.
2. The planes could have caused the collapse without controlled demolitions.
2. Setting up the explosives without anyone noticing and in such a way that they could be set off as a controlled demolition would have been utterly impossible.

Tom

`Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, `if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'
-Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll-
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds.