Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  13:42:14  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Link

quote:
WASHINGTON - A Virginia congressman has warned that "many more Muslims" will be elected demanding to use the Quran unless immigration is tightened. Republican Rep. Virgil Goode made the comment in a letter to constituents who had written in about Congressman-elect Keith Ellison's decision to use the Quran at his ceremonial swearing-in.

"I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way," Goode wrote.

"The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration, there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran," he said. "I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America."

What a pathetic excuse for an American.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:00:22   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

[quote]What a pathetic excuse for an American.

I'm hip. What were these people in Minn. thinking?

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

The fact that humans do science is what causes errors in science. -Dave W.-

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:11:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott

What a remarkably asinine comment! Especially when you couldn't get the number of Americans I was referring to correct!

Bravo!

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:17:27   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:

What a remarkably asinine comment! Especially when you couldn't get the number of Americans I was referring to correct!

Bravo!

I was refering to the Rep. in Minn., which is a singular, just as you had expressed.

"Lets get one thing clear, Bill. Science does make some assumptions." -perrodetokio-

"In the end as skeptics we must realize that there is no real knowledge, there is only what is most reasonable to believe." -Coelacanth-

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:19:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
Of course you were Bill. How's that lying working for you?

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:39:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

Of course you were Bill. How's that lying working for you?

Once again. You said "what a pathetic American." I said, "what were the peole if Minn. thinking who just voted him in" referancing the Rep. from Minn., who I, in toung and cheek, just called a pathetic American. Did you follow this time?

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  14:49:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
Did you follow this time?

Ah, I see now. I apologize and retract my accusation on this topic.

Now that you have cleared that up for stupid me, let me ask:

Why did you say that? Was it merely trying to be funny, or do you in some way support the position the congressman from VA has taken on the issue of electing non-christians?

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  15:04:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott...

I said, "what were the peole if Minn. thinking who just voted him in" referancing the Rep. from Minn., who I, in toung and cheek, just called a pathetic American.
You're lying again, Bill. You didn't say, "what were the peole if Minn. thinking who just voted him in". You said, "I'm hip. What were these people in Minn. thinking?" But no surprise. You seem to make a habit of lying.
quote:
Did you follow this time?
It seems reasonably clear that you're exactly the same kind of closed minded bigot as Virgil Goode. But besides being a habitual liar, you have often displayed very troll-like behavior in these forums, so you might just be acting like a dickhead again to piss people off. You've also regularly demonstrated a serious deficiency in your communication skills, so it's sometimes hard to weed through your babbling nonsense to know for sure what the hell you actually do mean.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  18:21:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Ah, I see now. I apologize and retract my accusation on this topic.

No biggie.

quote:
Now that you have cleared that up for stupid me, let me ask:

Why did you say that? Was it merely trying to be funny,

Maybe a little.

quote:
or do you in some way support the position the congressman from VA has taken on the issue of electing non-christians?

At t his point I will just say that I am disappointed with the people of Minnesota and their selection, much as the same when they put Jesse (The Body Mind) in the governorship. However, I do acknowledge his right, under the constitution, to run. And the peoples right to vote in him.

Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  18:23:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

*yawn*

quote:
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

*yawn*

Edited by - Bill scott on 12/21/2006 18:28:17
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  18:36:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
At t his point I will just say that I am disappointed with the people of Minnesota and their selection, much as the same when they put Jesse (The Body Mind) in the governorship. However, I do acknowledge his right, under the constitution, to run. And the peoples right to vote in him.

Why are you disappointed? I'm wondering what questions you have about this candidate. Are you from Minnesota by any chance (I am not, fyi).

by Filthy
Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  20:22:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
Getting back to the original topic,

Here's an incredible response: "Forgive me, but America should not give a hoot what Keith Ellison's favorite book is. Insofar as a member of Congress taking an oath to serve America and uphold its values is concerned, America is interested in only one book, the Bible. If you are incapable of taking an oath on that book, don't serve in Congress. In your personal life, we will fight for your right to prefer any other book. We will even fight for your right to publish cartoons mocking our Bible. But, Mr. Ellison, America, not you, decides on what book its public servants take their oath.

Devotees of multiculturalism and political correctness who do not see how damaging to the fabric of American civilization it is to allow Ellison to choose his own book need only imagine a racist elected to Congress. Would they allow him to choose Hitler's "Mein Kampf," the Nazis' bible, for his oath? And if not, why not? On what grounds will those defending Ellison's right to choose his favorite book deny that same right to a racist who is elected to public office?"

When did our country lose the freedom of religion value I believed all my life? And to call the Koran Ellison's favorite book? These comments and this response is absolutely unbelievable.

We were discussing this elsewhere. The law is you take an oath. There is no Bible involved. Apparently photo-ops are shown with hands on Bibles but the actual swearing in does not include one. These Christian idiots with nonsense about using a Bible because that's how it is done are as ignorant of the process and law as they are of the words, tolerance, freedom and democracy.

Go to Top of Page

GeeMack
SFN Regular

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  21:24:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send GeeMack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bill scott...

*yawn*
Your willful ignorance is showing again, Bill.
Go to Top of Page

Bill scott
SFN Addict

USA
2103 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  06:18:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Bill scott a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GeeMack

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah etc...

*yawn*

Go to Top of Page

Paulos23
Skeptic Friend

USA
446 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  06:28:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Paulos23's Homepage Send Paulos23 a Private Message
I think you can point to when the so called moral majority came into politics and decided that it was their way that was the right way becskeptigal. I would say that is when the major poisoning of the American phycie agenst these ideals started.

You can go wrong by being too skeptical as readily as by being too trusting. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  13:39:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Well, nobody's given this fascist bastard a kick in the ass yet. He's still spewing his shit.
quote:
ROCKY MOUNT, Va. - A congressman said Thursday that he will not retract a letter warning that unless immigration is tightened, "many more Muslims will be elected" and use the Quran to take the oath of office.

Republican Rep. Virgil Goode (news, bio, voting record) triggered angry responses from a civil rights group and some colleagues with a letter this month to constituents concerned about a decision by Rep.-elect Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the first Muslim elected to Congress, to use the Quran when he is sworn in.

"I will not be putting my hand on the Quran," Goode said at a news conference Thursday at the Franklin County Courthouse.

Probably not. I doubt if the Muslims want him.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds.