Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  22:02:08  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message

Televangelist flies to Lapurda to demand goddess Persephone
leave, then goes "wee, wee, wee, wee," all the way home

Lapurda, January 3, 2007 (RCNS) -- The Rev. Pat Robertson yesterday visited the independent Greco-Roman city-state of Lapurda. In modern times, until the first day of this year, Lapurda was known as Lourdes, a town in the Hautes-Pyrénées department of France.

Robertson, himself a Protestant, but accompanied by a group of conservative Catholic Charismatics, presented an ultimatum to the goddess Persephone that she immediately leave the earth's surface, never to return, or face the awesome wrath of the Christian God.

Persephone listened quietly, then turned Robertson and his companions into pigs.

Today, Lapurda's Temple of the Pantheon stands
where Lourdes Basilica was destroyed two days ago.

Persephone recently manifested in the former Catholic shrine. Seeing that her ancient temple and shrine had been replaced by a Marian cult, she asked her husband, Hades, to destroy it and the pilgrims. The Lord of the Underworld slaughtered thousands of Marian worshippers, then transformed the village into a Classical Greco-Roman town. The surviving inhabitants now speak both Greek and Latin.

Pagans from around the world, meantime, have flocked to Lapurda, to worship and study Greco-Roman polytheist religion at the many temples which now stand where churches stood just days ago. Also, scholars and historians, learning that the Library of Lapurda contains the complete and intact long-lost works of ancient authors, have been arriving in droves.

Since the transformation, French gendarmes have been unable to enter the town without losing both their clothing and their weapons.

Police had been magically disarmed and stripped during their first
attempt to retake Lapurda. Here, blessed, and armed with Christian
symbols, they prepare to try again, for the greater Glory of France.

Reverend Robertson was flown back to the US immediately after Persephone's curse was placed upon him. Under the circumstances, it is far from certain that Robertson can retain control of his vast church and television empire.

Robertson, back on his 700 Club show. Not even
his co-hosts seem to take him seriously anymore.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/04/2007 15:21:24

McQ
Skeptic Friend

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  22:10:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send McQ a Private Message
That swine! I knew he would come to no good!

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Gillette
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  23:31:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Dude called Robertson a pig today in a post, and afterwards I made a connection with Persephone, who had already turned Papal envoys into pigs in my earlier story. (If a mere witch such as Circe could pull off that stunt, certainly a full goddess could.)

Making Robertson a pig via artwork was easy work, as he was already most of the way there. The Pantheon Temple was more trouble to Photoshop in, since I had to put it where the huge Lourdes Basilica actually stands. (BTW, the original of that temple comes from Uppsala, Sweden.) The "gendarmes" pic was just something I found at random, and seemed to fit. It was hilarious as is.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/03/2007 23:38:14
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  12:33:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HalfMooner

The Pantheon Temple was more trouble to Photoshop in...
I thought it was a little strange that there were people walking under the steps:

And what happened to this poor woman's head?!?

Just joshing, of course. You're doing a much better PhotoShop job than I.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

Neurosis
SFN Regular

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  13:05:10   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Neurosis an AOL message Send Neurosis a Private Message
{Rick Bobby Impression} "Help me Pat Robertson! Use your witchcraft to get the goddess off me!"

Facts! Pssh, you can prove anything even remotely true with facts.
- Homer Simpson

[God] is an infinite nothing from nowhere with less power over our universe than the secretary of agriculture.
- Prof. Frink

Lisa: Yes, but wouldn't you rather know the truth than to delude yourself for happiness?
Marge: Well... um.... [goes outside to jump on tampoline with Homer.]
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  14:59:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Dave, you found those problems even after I'd gone back and fixed a number of identical ones. As is often the case, I go back and edit over and over again. As I will now!

Edit: Okay! I put a couple heads back on, and shoveled some dirt under those steps, so people wouldn't wander around under the Temple. The fix will be uploaded soon. Sheesh. People and their damned eyes!

Edited by - HalfMooner on 01/04/2007 15:17:51
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  15:32:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message
quote:
People and their damned eyes!

My eyes detached themselves from their sockets and rolled away when they viewed the photo of the hairy man and the phallic symbol around his neck.

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  16:27:55   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message
quote:
Dude called Robertson a pig today in a post

Actually, I called him a pigfucker. Implying that he fornicates with swine.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  16:48:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

quote:

Well, that Photoshopping job will have to wait until I have more time.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  19:23:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by pleco

quote:
People and their damned eyes!

My eyes detached themselves from their sockets and rolled away when they viewed the photo of the hairy man and the phallic symbol around his neck.

That was a sight truly not meant to be seen by humanity. I wonder if those guys were planning on going for a swim? Hairy Guy would probably be dragged down headfirst by the weight of that enormous golden crucifix and chain.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  16:30:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dude

quote:

I decided to actually Google "pig fucker," Dude. I found this definition at Devil's Dictionary X:
quote:
pig-fucker
1. a severe exclamation of profanity.
2. an interesting thought.
3. a euphemism of fig plucker.
4. a native of Montana.
compare to monkey-fucker.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.