Pseudoscience
 The "now" is the edge of the universe..
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rudeonline

Netherlands
2 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  10:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Rudeonline's Homepage Send Rudeonline a Private Message
Consciousness, the border of the universe..

Since the mind and life institute is trying to explain more about science and spiritualism I would like to tell my idea about consciousness. I think that men is looking in the wrong direction with A. Einstein's relativity theory. Not light it is moving, we are moving trough time and space with the speed of "light". That's about 300.000km/sec. Light self is only an energy leaving his source as a trail of past energy.

At the speed of light there is no time. So nothing can move.
From the point of view from a person each distance is a possibility into the future. While we travel trough time we are able to see all options what the light is showing us from a point of view from possible places into the future.

To prove my idea I wrote the following text...

I would like to explain why the relativity theory of Einstein is wrong. Important to know is that I think that this must understandable for many people in a very simple way. The issue I try to prove with my idea is that our own consciousness is the absolute border of the universe. Tomorrow does not exist yet, so space and time of tomorrow do not exist. The only thing that really exist is the absolute moment what we call “now”. To explain this I have to prove that the speed of light is not 300.000km/sec but actually zero. I know that this sounds completely strange but read on and I will try to explain you in a short way how I think to prove this.

The first thing is that time seems to stop at the speed of light. So that there is no time. If time stops at light speed, how can something move if there is no time to move? Looking to the twin paradox a traveller trough space leaves the earth and comes back and is only 1 second older. The person on Earth is than for example 2 years older while he was traveling 30km/sec arround the sun.

If the traveller trough space only became one second older, he never could make a longer trip than 300.000km. He had only 1sec to travel! The person on earth was travelling in the same "period" at least 30km/sec, because that is the speed of earth around the sun. Well, 2 years x 30km/sec is a lot more than 300.000km.

Off course I have to explain a lot more than this, I just hope that I can open some eyes of the scientists working with this theory. If the relativity theory is relative, you also shoult try to look to it from a differrent perpective.. If light moves with 300.000km/sec one way, we are moving with the same speed the other way. Notice that we measure seconds, not the photon. You need time to move.

I would like to tell a lot more about the way it is possible that we can "see" things if light is not moving, also this is not to difficult to understand. From the point of view from the individual all other things you see are possibilities in the future. The person travels true time (to tomorrow and so on...) while light leaves a trail into the past from the point of view in a possible futere.

I hope that you understand my idea what I would like to show to the people. The idea of a multiversum is so a lot closer to mankind (everyone is the middle and the border of his own universe) and our consciousness is the border of the universe. We can choose our own future by acting.

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  11:15:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
I don't think you quite understand relativity.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  12:57:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message
quote:
If the traveller trough space only became one second older, he never could make a longer trip than 300.000km. He had only 1sec to travel!

One second older does not mean he made the entire trip in one second.

As for the rest of the post... you seem to be attempting to combine terms in ways that just don't make any sense, describing consciousness as a border of the universe and such. Not to mention, the entire thing is forum spam.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  13:43:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message
I don't understand relativity either.

quote:
Originally posted by Rudeonline

If light moves with 300.000km/sec one way, we are moving with the same speed the other way. Notice that we measure seconds, not the photon. You need time to move.

With two attributes of the sun being that it gives off light and exists in three dimensional space. Which direction should it be moving?

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  22:51:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
If the traveller trough space only became one second older, he never could make a longer trip than 300.000km. He had only 1sec to travel! The person on earth was travelling in the same "period" at least 30km/sec, because that is the speed of earth around the sun. Well, 2 years x 30km/sec is a lot more than 300.000km.

Why do you say the 'traveller' only had 1 sec to travel. The twin on earth knows that he traveled for 2 years.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2007 :  23:05:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
As Dr. Mabuse pointed out last June, this guy is a one-post pony.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  21:06:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
So I guess 8 months from now his orbit will bring him back to SFN - oh joy.

Go to Top of Page

beskeptigal
SFN Die Hard

USA
3834 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  04:43:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send beskeptigal a Private Message
I didn't quite get special relativity right either but I think the edge of the Universe is the future and the past is the middle. That just makes more sense to me than saying there is no middle or edge.

This doesn't mean I think Einstein was wrong though. That makes no sense.

Edited by - beskeptigal on 02/05/2007 04:44:48
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  20:03:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message
quote:
That just makes more sense to me than saying there is no middle or edge.

I know what you mean beskeptigal, but unfortunately there is no middle or edge to the universe.

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  23:34:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by beskeptigal

...but I think the edge of the Universe is the future and the past is the middle. That just makes more sense to me than saying there is no middle or edge. This doesn't mean I think Einstein was wrong though...

Well, from what I recall, Mr. Einstein's math tended to define the observable universe into what might be described as a 4D spacetime manifold that is finite yet unbounded. There's a kind of beauty to it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.