Ann Coulter: a most excellent rant!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  02:03:57  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me, I agree with the author. I think that everyones favorite, psychotic strumpet should be encouraged to speak out at every opportunity.
quote:
Here's the thing. If you're the Dems, the last thing in hell you want is for Ann Coulter to stop talking. When you're arguing with a complete moron, the best strategy is to hand him/her a microphone and stand aside. (Actually, this is the basic Miltonian principle behind America's notions of the value of free speech, so I can't take credit for inventing the idea.) If you're a Republican, it's a bit trickier. Ann was fun when you were passing her around at fundraiser afterparties like a bottle of cheap tequila. She deflowered a whole generation of College Republicans in a series of campus whistlestops, and she actually served a purpose when she was out on the circuit "energizing the base." But damn, now the crazy skank done gone and got noticed by the mainstream, and in a flash she went from everybody's party favor to the party's biggest liability.

Right now, America is looking at her like she's the loose cannon love spawn of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Katherine Harris, and every time she opens her mouth in public she costs you votes that recent polling results indicate you can't afford to lose.
Annie jumped an immense shark with her Edwards/faggot remark. That one turned everybody but Fox News(?) off, and the fallout is huge and getting close to staggering. And is costing the Republicans credibility that, at this point and as mentioned, they can ill afford to lose.

I fucking love it!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  02:08:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right on! Give that skank a bigger megaphone!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

marfknox
SFN Die Hard

USA
3739 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  08:57:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit marfknox's Homepage  Send marfknox an AOL message Send marfknox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I tend to agree. At first I was enraged by Ann Coulter, but as time went on I started laughing more than getting angry. I think she's becoming a joke.

"Too much certainty and clarity could lead to cruel intolerance" -Karen Armstrong

Check out my art store: http://www.marfknox.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  09:51:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I get disappointed when I don't hear her spout off.

Now, where is GK Paul and how does he reconcile his All Loving God blah blah with the putrid bile that spews from this thing's Christian-right mouth?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page

cactusmush

21 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  10:00:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send cactusmush a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coulter is an absurdist...she just doesn't know that yet. I find her amusing but not witty, meaning that she is amusing to observe but her comments have no original wit or thought. She does not preach to the choir...she rants to the choir...and her choir is dwindling fast.

...and yes as someone pointed out, she is counterproductive to the conservative political cause (moderate and far)...sort of the Cindy Shehan of the Right plus a $200 perm. Those pulling for Obama or Clinton in '08 would be best served by buying Coulter additional air-time. One needs to use a scientific calculator to tabulate all the swing-votes she is punting over to the Dems everytime she opens her mouth.

Coulter's currency is hate, but half the keys are missing on her cash register.

Slate has a good contemporary critique of her here.

http://www.slate.com/id/2161258/fr/flyout

Hitchens slays her here (and with fine wit).

http://www.theliberal.co.uk/hitchens.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.