Little Green Men & Jesus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  16:40:22  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO! I've always noticed the only cultural item the Vangy TV and Show Biz Fundies (as I refer to them) haven't lopped onto is good old American Jazz. But I wasn't thinking of another cultural subject that should be in that file as well: UFO's.

Whoops. I'm wrong about that, almost immediately. I saw a short while ago a young preacher from somewhere in Texas (where else?) selling a DVD of a movie about UFO's in which, by watching, one may learn to know Jesus. The pastor doesn't tell the viewer exactly what the story is or how Jesus comes into play with flying saucers and little green men, but the implication is there. Excerpts of the film are used to entice the would-be UFO-Jesus converts as well as more skeptical and agnostic persons. I'm guessing the filmmakers have given up on atheists. Anyway, the dialogue I heard was rather clever, and for me, quite absurd. But, I didn't laugh. I've never laughed at Oral Roberts either.

I think, if the film company can afford it, they should get Mulder and Scully in to pitch some spots for the DVD. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson could probably use more residual dough than just what comes from (now occasional) reruns of their fine series. I can't remember the name of the UFO movie. You'll just have to Google for in the dark.

Ooops. There's a very bright light just outside my balcony window, now. Oh, never mind, it's just the sun...and Daylight Saving Time. The sun seems to be moving around our planet more slowly this afternoon.

I hope you've had a brighter, happier, longer Sunday. And, OY!

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

Ghost_Skeptic
SFN Regular

Canada
510 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  00:41:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ghost_Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vangy TV and Show Biz Fundies ??????

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. / You can send a kid to college but you can't make him think." - B.B. King

History is made by stupid people - The Arrogant Worms

"The greater the ignorance the greater the dogmatism." - William Osler

"Religion is the natural home of the psychopath" - Pat Condell

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter" - Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

R.Wreck
SFN Regular

USA
1191 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  15:47:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send R.Wreck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No OY, UFOs are tools of Satan's deception:

quote:

There is one more piece to this end time deception puzzle. It also tells us why the harpazo, the Rapture, could not have happened a hundred years ago. Not only were there no "UFOs" or advanced lighter than air craft as we see today but there was no modern day Israel. Isn't it interesting that the famous alleged crash of an alien spacecraft took place at Roswell, NM in 1947 and Israel once more became a nation in May of 1948? When Israel became a nation again, Satan knew that his time was short and the Lord would be returning soon. The countdown to Armageddon had begun in earnest and Satan had to move quickly to brainwash and deceive the masses to believe in aliens and UFOs. UFO sightings increased rapidly in the 1950s as did UFO movies and books and magazines. Project Blue Book was set up by the US air force to try and explain the phenomena. While the government was trying to hide the truth from the people to prevent panic, in reality, they were being deceived to believe that these craft/beings were highly advanced aliens rather than fallen angels bent on their demise.

Trevor James Constable again was correct that the battle with UFOs was for the soul of man not the planet of man.

Satan hates the Jewish people because to them belongs the adoption as sons and the glory and the covenants and the giving of the Law and the temple service and the promises, and whose are the fathers and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all (Romans 9:4-5). God used His first born chosen people, the Jews, through the Patriarchs, the Prophets and the Temple, to bring His word and truth to this earth and then sent His Son in a Jewish body to save the world from its sin and spread this through Jewish disciples. Satan hates God and His word and thus hates Jews and Christians. I thus believe that the Rapture (Harpazo) will begin first over Jerusalem and the site of the Temple Mount. The skies will be filled with UFOs and unbelieving Jews, Muslims and Gentiles will be deceived to believe that those who suddenly disappear were abducted by these UFOs.

The foundation of morality is to . . . give up pretending to believe that for which there is no evidence, and repeating unintelligible propositions about things beyond the possibliities of knowledge.
T. H. Huxley

The Cattle Prod of Enlightened Compassion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.