Announcements: Skeptic Community
 Skeptic wins lawsuit & award from psychic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amindformurder

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:09:42  Show Profile  Visit amindformurder's Homepage Send amindformurder a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My federal lawsuit against Court TV and FBI police psychic Noreen Renier is over.
On April 5, 2007 a Washington U.S. District court after previously ordering a federal judgment against Renier for breaching a Florida state settlement with the publication of her 2005 psychic book titled A Mind for Murder, also awarded costs and fees to me. I was originally sued by Renier in 1985.

The total estimated costs and losses for Noreen Renier following the April 5th order now are estimated to top $100,000 as a breakdown I provide on my web site outlines. Her book has also been banished by the publisher. For complete update please see:

http://www.amindformurder.com

Thanks. -John Merrell
amindformurder@gmail.com

amindformurder@gmail.com

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:21:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool!!! And welcome to SFN.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  02:50:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes.... It is soothing to the soul, to see one of these blood-sucking charlatans get taken down. It happens all too seldom.

Welcome to SFN, John!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  04:23:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, John, and good for you in taking down one of these vampires!

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

amindformurder

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  15:17:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit amindformurder's Homepage Send amindformurder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From Merrell: As of April 15, 2007 there remains nothing but virtual silence by Renier. Late last week on her web site she added the following comment: "The so-called breach-of-settlement case against me has ended with my owing a bunch of monies to both attorneys. Needless to say, I am not pleased. But I want all of you to understand that the issues have NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PSYCHIC ABILITIES."

Now that's a very interesting comment. She doesn't owe money according to the U.S. District Court judge to my lawyer. She owes it directly to me. Can't she even acknowledge she owes the Plaintiff in the case?"

And she also added "Before my book, A Mind for Murder, was published by Berkley Books in 2005, the publisher's attorney went through the manuscript looking for data to back up my quotes, etc. Unfortunately, he neglected to spot the problem that was to materialize in this latest lawsuit, although I'd asked the firm's fact-checkers to be very careful. . ."

The question is did Noreen Renier ever actually tell her publisher before signing the contract for her book that she already had signed a Florida state settlement agreement? As a psychic did she tell her publisher beforehand that by publishing the book she would end up breaching her contract and a Washington federal court would place a judgment against her? If the answers to those are "no" --- which I suspect is the case --- how was the publisher to know what to look for? If she didn't tell them and gave an "all clear" they may have been blind-sided. Did she?

If the publishefr knew that bringing up areas specified in a settlement agreement is not allowed it would be pretty easy to spot the name John Merrell as its mentioned more than 50 times throughout her book! Are we to believe the fault is with Berkley Books --- a portion of Penguin --- and that they have such poor checkers they missed this error? While its possible Penguin could be at fault it certainly makes one wonder if a billion-dollar company would move forward on publication fully knowing they were potentially moving into quicksand.

SPIN? I think that's all we're hearing at the moment. And no, as of today I haven't seen the check in the mail for the $39,558.11 the court has ordered her to pay me directly.

Which if one was a psychic you'd think would have been in the mail even before the federal court's finding! Isn't that the kind of foresight top psychic's claim? And isn't Court TV psychic Noreen Renier --- showcased on 11 different episodes of the series 'Psychic Detectives' supposed to be the most credible according to a quote cited on her web site? And didn't former FBI agent Robert Ressler indicate she was "the best" as also shown on her web site? So why the spin? It reminds me of a cement mixer going round and round. Years ago Noreen Renier drew circles on paper in a case --- and someone later made the leap that her circles were tied to a cement truck driven by the murder suspect. I always thought was an incredible leap. But here I think we've finally got a better leap of faith. Perhaps years ago when she was drawing circles on paper she was actually showing her future foresight about thinking about her current SPIN even then! Around and around we go.

amindformurder@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  02:24:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good luck on getting that money. I suspect that it'll take a contempt of court threat, if not an actual charge, to shake her loose of it. And it's not as if she doesn't have it. Rare indeed are those with "psyhic powers" who haven't milked the clueless for all that they could get. So poverty is a feeble excuse at best, although she might use it anyway.

Besides, she'll just hoover some more from those same, willing clueless and likely find another publisher for her gobbledgook. It's stung her but the wound will heal quickly -- all too quickly.

Y'know, if we looked back, and it would be fun, I suspect that we'd be amazed at the number of newsworthy events that she and all of the others of the ilk failed to predict, or did so after the fact.

I take that last back. Here, we'd scarcly be shocked at all.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

amindformurder

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2007 :  08:54:13   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit amindformurder's Homepage Send amindformurder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the comments. The federal court allows 30 days past its order of April 5th before I can place liens or begin garnishment proceedings. As the judgment against her is from a federal court she will have a difficult time in the U.S. avoiding collection. And assuming she doesn't pay then garnishment proceedings are easy to accomplish --- including ANY income she might receive from working with police agencies or the media --- or from such syndicated shows as 'Psychic Detectives'.

I may never collect the full amound --- but the next psychic fair she attends as a guest lecturer would be a suitable start as an example. And preliminary review indicates in most states the garnishment levels are near 20 or 25%.

amindformurder@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

amindformurder

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  21:21:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit amindformurder's Homepage Send amindformurder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Further Update 10-10-2007: Psychic Noreen Renier petitioned in a U.S. Bankruptcy court on August 28, 2007 for a 'Chapter 7' personal bankruptcy --- with her principal debt (over 56.5%) what she owes me, and another significant portion what she owes her own attorney. The first bankruptcy hearing is on October 12, 2007 and it will probably be several months before a final decision is made on whether she can declare bankruptcy and eliminate her debts. I'll keep everyone informed and continue to update my website at www.amindformurder.com -Thanks. My direct e-mail is also amindformurder@gmail.com

amindformurder@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  21:47:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds.