Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  19:46:10  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message
In recognition of the job that Dr. Mabuse has done for Skepticality (recovering forum database from a crash including loss of 100+ threads and thousands of posts, along with software upgrades), Derek said he'd like to present an award to Mab at Dragon*Con 2007 (Labor Day weekend). Presumably for moderation above-and-beyond the call of duty.

In order to recieve it, he's actually going to have to get there. The plan is almost the same as when we sent Kil to TAM5: Derek and Swoopy have graciously donated space on their site, to promote a fundraiser to get Mab to Dragon*Con. The fundraiser will cover transportation and hotel, as well as the entrance fee.

More info can be found at the Skepticality forum. Or, you can go straight to their donation page and click the button with Dr. Mabuse's name above it.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  02:11:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Can't do anything with it now, but will as soon as I can.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  02:56:52   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
I made the same small donation that I did to send Kil to TAM5. This ensures I can abuse Mab in Moonscape. I hope Mab doesn't blow it on the way to the airport by taking a fancy-schmancy bus instead of walking.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2007 :  14:18:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Thanks, Halfmooner! Every contribution brings me closer to the goal.

I now have a progress-bar as well. In the announcement thread.

Dr. Mabuse - "When the going gets tough, the tough get Duct-tape..."
Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Support American Troops in Iraq:
Send them unarmed civilians for target practice..
Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2007 :  09:41:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
$225US $250US collected so far...

Not really enough yet to order the plane tickets. As soon as funds allow, I'll be buying the plane tickets (with a refund insureance) because early booking/buying makes for lower prices.

Edit: update

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

"Equivocation is not just a job, for a creationist it's a way of life..." Dr. Mabuse

Collateralmurder.
Edited by - Dr. Mabuse on 06/20/2007 07:59:06
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  12:08:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Only 2½ months left to Dragon*Con, so in order to ensure that I'll get a flight, I ordered the plane tickets today.

Even though there's still time to donate, the funds are currently uncomfortably low. I really hope money will start trickling in soon, in only to ease my mind about the trip.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Cuneiformist
The Imperfectionist

USA
4955 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  08:05:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Cuneiformist a Private Message
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Only 2½ months left to Dragon*Con, so in order to ensure that I'll get a flight, I ordered the plane tickets today.

Even though there's still time to donate, the funds are currently uncomfortably low. I really hope money will start trickling in soon, in only to ease my mind about the trip.
Mab, I'll contribute at the end of the month when my next check comes in. Gotta have enough money to buy my bourbon, you know.
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  12:19:56   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message
Fuckin' PayPal pain in the ass (mutter), more trouble'n the fucker's worth (snarl), if there ain't a law, there oughtta be, over rated piece o' shit (grumble).....

Done & done.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  06:05:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
Originally posted by filthy

Can't do anything with it now, but will as soon as I can.

Thank you filthy for your contribution! It is much appreciated, especially considering your financial situation.

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  21:01:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message
Okay, I made another, slightly more serious donation. And what's the prize? Yet another Swede in the US. As though we didn't have entire states overrun with 'em already.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  19:04:40   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message
Originally posted by Dr. Mabuse

Thanks, Halfmooner! Every contribution brings me closer to the goal.

I now have a progress-bar as well. In the announcement thread.

Past the halfway point!

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

skepticality
Skeptic Friend

USA
105 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  13:49:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit skepticality's Homepage Send skepticality a Private Message
But,

We are going to have fun!

Derek Colanduno
host - skepticality
http://www.skepticality.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  15:37:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
A Skepticality member asked: "Is the meter up-to-date?"

Yes, the meter is up to date*. It hasn't changed for the last 2 weeks, because there hasn't been any more contributions.

However, we are half-way to the target!
That is reason for celebration.

If I clear out my in-case-of-emergency account, I just might have enough to go! It will make a big dent in my economy, but it really looks like I'll be going!
YAY!

(Donations are still welcome...)

* I recieve an e-mail notice of each donation, and every time I get one, I immediately update the meter and an Excel document for statistics. Currently, $100 is the highest donated amount in any single transaction ($120 split in two separate donations), $10 is the lowest, and the average is $58.

If more people started donating a lower-than-average amount, the average will get lower. Let's see how much we can get the average to drop...

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  17:49:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Bump

Send Mab Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

Dr. Mabuse
Septic Fiend

Sweden
9687 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  15:29:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Dr. Mabuse an ICQ Message Send Dr. Mabuse a Private Message
I've broken the $1000-limit!

More than half-way there!

Dr. Mabuse whisper.mp3

Collateralmurder.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  16:16:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message
Wah Hoooooo!!!

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds.