Dobson-Bush Summit Meeting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Orwellingly Yurz
SFN Regular

USA
529 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  17:30:46  Show Profile Send Orwellingly Yurz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YO: Over at Raw Story dot com there's an article about our "leader" recently meetin' up with the Reverend James Dobson about Iran.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Bush_meets_with_Dobson_Christian_right_0514.html

Here's are two excerpts from the above linked item:

"Later in his broadcast, during a discussion about Iran with author and self-proclaimed “prophecy expert” Joel Rosenberg, Dobson drew a parallel between current Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad and Adolf Hitler."

(YO: I've always thought Ahmedinejad was more comparable to G. War Bush than any other "leader.")

“The world looked at Hitler and just didn't believe him and tried to appease him the way we're hearing in Washington today,” Dobson remarked. “You know, the President seems to me does understand this, as I told you from that meeting I had with him the other day, but even there it feels like somebody ought to be standing up and saying, ‘We are being threatened and we are going to meet this with force -- whatever's necessary.'”

(YO: Well, a little bird told me once that using some diplomacy never hurts.)

Dobson continued, “Some of our listeners might not like that but I tell you, if we didn't stand up to Hitler, we'd be speaking German today.”

(YO: Well, so long as all of us aren't speaking in tongues.)

OY----with copious Veys.

"The modern conservative...is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy. That is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith

If dogs run free
Then what must be,
Must be...
And that is all
--Bob Dylan

The neo-cons have gotten welfare for themselves down to a fine art.
--me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights."
--J. Paul Getty

"The great thing about Art isn't what it give us, but what we become through it."
--Oscar Wilde

"We have Art in order not to die of life."
--Albert Camus

"I cling like a miser to the freedom I lose when surrounded by an abundance of things."
--Albert Camus

"Experience is the name so many people give to their mistakes."
--Oscar Wilde

Edited by - Orwellingly Yurz on 05/14/2007 19:51:28

Dude
SFN Die Hard

USA
6891 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  20:03:01   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And when Iran invades the other countries in the region, starts slaughtering members of the opposing religious factions in gas-chambers, then Dobson might have a point.

He is such a moron.

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson

"god :: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument." - G. Carlin

Hope, n.
The handmaiden of desperation; the opiate of despair; the illegible signpost on the road to perdition. ~~ da filth
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  21:01:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dobson continued, “Some of our listeners might not like that but I tell you, if we didn't stand up to Hitler, we'd be speaking German today.”

No the French would be speaking German.

Is Dobson French?

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  01:23:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jerome - did you know that the French were among the victors in World War II? I didn't think you did. The Free French that is; like the French pilots who flew with the British, Americans and Russians.

As opposed to the Vichy French; who were sort of like the type of person that goes along with propaganda, you know, like the rightwing goofs who believe anything Carl Rove says, or those who are too dumb to know that his cronies launched an anti-French campaign. The French questioned Bush's Iraq war plans and he retaliated by belittling them. So enjoy your "Freedom Fries" little cowardly troll.

And if you still have a hard time understanding history, perhaps this will explain it better for you.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  01:28:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Orwellingly Yurz

YO: Over at Raw Story dot com there's an article about our "leader" recently meetin' up with the Reverend James Dobson about Iran.

Ah, Dobson, the same cesspool brained goof who advises boys to shower with their dads so they won't become gay and who said on Larry King that God was present to see the 9/11 victims die. Dobson and Robertson are dangerous wackos.

Diversity, independence, innovation and imagination are progressive concepts ultimately alien to the conservative mind.

"TAX AND SPEND" IS GOOD! (TAX: Wealthy corporations who won't go poor even after taxes. SPEND: On public works programs, education, the environment, improvements.)
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  02:22:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't it remarkable; Hitler ever gains in popularity. Wanna talk about someone you don't like, refer to Hitler.

We'll all be listening to the Horst Weasel next.

That must have been quite a summit: two sociopaths, one a would-be, tin-horn dictator and the other a pederast. One wonders what they talked about off the record.

Wait a minute, the thought occurs: Hitler, as fucked up as he was, was more of a leader than either or both of these goobers!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  18:39:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chippewa---I have never voted GOP in a national election, so your accusations without knowlege are very ammusing.

If you would like to talk about WWII realities I would be happy to engage with you.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  18:49:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chippewa---Thanks I enjoyed the song.

Roberto Alagna - La Marseillaise

That second link left much to be desired.

Go to Top of Page

Chippewa
SFN Regular

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  19:12:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Chippewa's Homepage Send Chippewa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Chippewa---I have never voted GOP in a national election...

Scrambled eggs for brains. I didn't say you voted in an election. I implied that you believe in rightwing propaganda. No more dialog necessary since you're a troll.

Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  19:55:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chippewa---"Scrambled eggs for brains. I didn't say you voted in an election. I implied that you believe in rightwing propaganda. No more dialog necessary since you're a troll."

You bite with the tenacity of a rabid dog.

I remarked "If you would like to talk about WWII realities I would be happy to engage with you."

All I can say is WOW.

Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  22:46:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cherry-picking yourself - will that make you blind?

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.