New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

TOR Hershman
Not Funny

51 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  16:10:01  Show Profile  Visit TOR Hershman's Homepage Send TOR Hershman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WARNING: Video Contains ART

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5QcQuIQ9iE

Stay on Groovin' Safari,
Tor Hershman

http://torhershman.blogspot.com/

Edited by - TOR Hershman on 07/09/2007 16:10:39

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  17:00:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was there a point to that? And why in the religion folder? The only thing I could hazard a guess at is protesting nudity in art. But typically people who are so against nudity hesitate to show it, let alone make an entire video of it.

Or maybe you just like nudity and slow classical songs?

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Edited by - Ricky on 07/09/2007 17:01:05
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  18:01:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having been bitten by Tor's "art" before, I knew better and had the video on a second monitor while also reading the news, so he didn't outright steal 4 minutes of my life this time.

I think the warning could be better put:

"Warning: May contain traces of art. Does contain copious quantities of painful singing and kitschy video transitions."

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  18:19:53   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having been bitten by Tor's "art" before, I knew better and had the video on a second monitor while also reading the news, so he didn't outright steal 4 minutes of my life this time.

I too have seen one of TOR's groovin safari videos - so I didn't bother to look at it....

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  18:40:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Why TOR?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  19:08:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boobies!!!

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  19:11:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Why TOR?

Did you read the synopsis on the right of the you-tube?

"Latest scientific research indicates that lack of human male ejaculation is a leading contributor to the formation of prostarte cancer."

"I hope this video helps prevent neeedless cancer deaths."

Remind me never to go to an art museum with TOR.

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way. - Bertrand Russell
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26020 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  19:18:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Why TOR?
I suspect it's an acronym for "Tool Of Rejection" or something similar.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  21:38:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope, not even titties can make me listen to that singing longer than 1.3 seconds. Sorry, I tried.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  05:30:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by JEROME DA GNOME

Boobies!!!

Boobies, you say? P'raps I'd better open it after all.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

TOR Hershman
Not Funny

51 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  06:21:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit TOR Hershman's Homepage Send TOR Hershman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's all about the words.....
and here are the words written by the Slave Trader

"Amazing Grace"

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev'd;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ'd!

Thro' many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis'd good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call'd me here below,
Will be forever mine."

[John New­ton, Ol­ney Hymns, 1779]

_________

Now moi's wee lyrics

"Tor Hershman's Amazing Grace"

"Amazing Grace how sweet her mounds
she gave a wretch like me
dick once was soft but now is sound
so hard I can not pee

‘twas Grace who pulled my heart so near
right next to her cleavage
so sexy did hot Grace appear
D-cup, I do believe

Though many hooters, sweet and bare
already made me cum
Grace has humped me the best so far
Grace's grace graced my bone

My load has squirted out of me
goo goes splat on the floor
then Grace makes me again horny
no need for pills, for sure

I hope when flesh and heart shall fail
and all of life shall cease
when mortician lifts up my veil
he views a worn-out piece

Earth, eons hence, dissolves like snow
the sun, red giant shine
but right here, right now, I do know
Grace made my twine feel fine."

Moi? Protesting Nudity?
As the National Lampoon stated many moon ago, "Every good Buddhist will tell you that all girls are naked, under their clothes.

Stay on Groovin' (Yeah, lots of glands) Safari,
Tor Hershman

http://torhershman.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13476 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  07:19:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TOR Hershman:

Thanks for clearing that up….

And speaking of clearing things up, did you know there are products that are very effective in clearing up unsightly acne that plagues adolescents?

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  07:22:00   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TOR, I am sure there are quite a few boys in middle school that would find those lyrics very funny and provocative. Well maybe grade school.

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

JEROME DA GNOME
BANNED

2418 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  07:30:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send JEROME DA GNOME a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

TOR Hershman:

Thanks for clearing that up….

And speaking of clearing things up, did you know there are products that are very effective in clearing up unsightly acne that plagues adolescents?

In addition to preventing prostate cancer, this video also clears acne.

Before watching video

After watching video

As we can all see, this video needs to be disseminated throughout society so as to prevent both acne and prostrate cancer!

Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  09:18:21   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he just wouldn't let me. Ah well.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Original_Intent
SFN Regular

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  06:47:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Original_Intent a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Self-promotin is spam.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.