The madness of George W. Bush
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  04:25:36  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I came across this early this morning and it seems to me to be one of the better assessments of our certifiably insane occupant of the White house.
Dangers of a Cornered George Bush

By Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity & Dr. Justin Frank
July 27, 2007

Editor's Note: As the nation and the world face 18 more months of George W. Bush's presidency, a chilling prospect is that Bush – confronted with more defeats and reversals – might just “lose it” and undertake even more reckless military adventures.

In this special memorandum, the Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS) collaborated with psychiatrist Justin Frank, author of Bush on the Couch, to assess the potential dangers and possible countermeasures available to constrain Bush:

Recent events have put a great deal more pressure on President George W. Bush, who has shown little regard for the constitutional system bequeathed to us by the Founders. Having bragged about being commander in chief of the “first war of the 21st century,” one he began under false pretenses, success in Iraq is now a pipedream.
History tells us that Bush is far from the first dishonest, incompetent, delusional sociopath to hold the reins of government, elected or otherwise, and unfortunately, will likely not be the last. I think that this article not only defines Bush but gives the most prominent symptoms of the disorder.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  10:59:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I wonder at how unbiased they may be, even though I agree with them (I'm looking at all the stuff those guys have in their sidebars!)...I did spot this:

The “new” strategy of surging troops in Baghdad has simply wasted more lives and bought some time for the president. His strategy boils down to keeping as many of our soldiers engaged as possible, in order to stave off definitive defeat in Iraq before January 2009.

Anyone think that when that happens, it'll be the Democratic president that'll somehow get the blame from the conservative pundits?

(Yes, I'm blindly assuming that the Dems will win. If they don't, I've no idea how blame will be assigned, other than some variant of "it's the previous administrations fault." Which, of course, it was in this case.)

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  11:11:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm much more worried about Putin at this point

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  11:21:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Yeah! And don't forget China, either. The world's largest military, still a communist dicatorship, though econonically starting to come around, and is poised to become the new superpower even without starting a war.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
SFN Die Hard

USA
4907 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  13:08:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message Send Ricky a Private Message  Reply with Quote

(Yes, I'm blindly assuming that the Dems will win. If they don't, I've no idea how blame will be assigned, other than some variant of "it's the previous administrations fault." Which, of course, it was in this case.)

The democratically controlled congress blocked the president from being successful.

Why continue? Because we must. Because we have the call. Because it is nobler to fight for rationality without winning than to give up in the face of continued defeats. Because whatever true progress humanity makes is through the rationality of the occasional individual and because any one individual we may win for the cause may do more for humanity than a hundred thousand who hug their superstitions to their breast.
- Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  13:21:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

Originally posted by BigPapaSmurf

Yeah! And don't forget China, either. The world's largest military, still a communist dicatorship, though econonically starting to come around, and is poised to become the new superpower even without starting a war.
Indeed, indeed....

And here we sit with a delusional, political hack in the Oval Office when competent leadership, important in best of times, is so crucial.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  09:30:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The democratically controlled congress blocked the president from being successful.

How so?

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  13:41:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ricky

I don't know if you meant this literally or ironically, Ricky, but this is doubtless the litany we'll be hearing from the failing NeoCons in the next few years. And there will be the charge that the Iraq War was lost due only to "traitors" at home, with the theonazis following in the hobnailed bootsteps of Hitler and the Big Lie tactics he used to rise to power following WWI. This sort of calumny was used after the Vietnam War, too, though with less success than by Hitler.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

Boron10
Religion Moderator

USA
1266 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  16:00:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Boron10 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Originally posted by Ricky

I don't know if you meant this literally or ironically, Ricky, but this is doubtless the litany we'll be hearing from the failing NeoCons in the next few years. And there will be the charge that the Iraq War was lost due only to "traitors" at home, with the theonazis following in the hobnailed bootsteps of Hitler and the Big Lie tactics he used to rise to power following WWI. This sort of calumny was used after the Vietnam War, too, though with less success than by Hitler.
I think that's what Ricky meant: this is the excuse that will be used if the Republicans win the next election.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  17:33:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Boron10 noted:
I think that's what Ricky meant: this is the excuse that will be used if the Republicans win the next election.
I think you're right. But I always like to trot out the old reducio ad Hitlerum thing whenever I see the chance.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 07/30/2007 17:35:35
Go to Top of Page

furshur
SFN Regular

USA
1536 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  18:59:16   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send furshur a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Oh

If I knew then what I know now then I would know more now than I know.
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  05:34:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only will Shrub Jr. go down in history as the worst president of all time, but this may also be looked upon as the worst administration of all time. Ratbags, the lot of 'em.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  06:16:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by The Rat

Not only will Shrub Jr. go down in history as the worst president of all time, but this may also be looked upon as the worst administration of all time. Ratbags, the lot of 'em.
And The Rat knows ratbags when he sees 'em.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.