Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Forums | Active Topics | Active Polls | Register | FAQ | Contact Us  
  Connect: Chat | SFN Messenger | Buddy List | Members
Personalize: Profile | My Page | Forum Bookmarks  
 All Forums
 Our Skeptic Forums
 Creation/Evolution
 Lets have a good laugh; we can always use one!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  07:04:07  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whilst on my way to my favorite den of iniquity, I happened to stop off by Creationwiki. Now, I knew about Creationwiki but I'd never paid a lot attention to it, and I thought that it might be enlightening to find out a little more.

Well, it was indeed enlightening, yes. There hasn't been that much booshwah put forth in one place since Christ was a carpenter. Fer 'xample, the Behemoth entry:
There is a graphic descriptions of an animal in the Bible that may be a dinosaur, the Behemoth is described as an immense land animal, which is believed by some creationists to be a Sauropod.

Job 40:15-24 Look at the behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox. What strength he has in his loins, what power in the muscles of his belly! His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron. He ranks first among the works of God, yet his Maker can approach him with his sword. The hills bring him their produce, and all the wild animals play nearby. Under the lotus plants he lies, hidden among the reeds in the marsh. The lotuses conceal him in their shadow; the poplars by the stream surround him. When the river rages, he is not alarmed; he is secure, though the Jordan should surge against his mouth. Can anyone capture him by the eyes, or trap him and pierce his nose?
In the first edition of the King James Bible (1611), and the earlier Geneva Bible (1599), a marginal note said Behemoth may be an elephant. By the 1800s several commentators had realized the description in Job didn't match an elephant.
And that ain't even the best of it:
Recent dinosaur
From CreationWiki, the encyclopedia of creation science

Most creationists believe that dinosaurs coexisted with mankind on Earth and lived recently. Biblical support for this perspectives is drawn from the Genesis 1 where it states that all animals were created on the sixth day of creation along with humans. It is furthermore presumed they were still alive at the time of the global flood and taken on board Noah's ark.

There is much evidence that dinosaurs existed very recently and coexisted with mankind. Prehistoric cave paintings and carvings have been found illustrating first-hand knowledge of these creatures by early humans. Dinosaur tracks have been found alongside human tracks. Dinosaur bones have also been found that is unfossilized with soft tissues still present indicating recent burial.
Unfortunately many, even most of their topics are woefully incomplete and many of their claims have been debunked, like the dino/human tracks, for example. But I for one, hope they get their shit together because Creationwiki has the potential to become the best piece of humorous fiction on the web.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.